Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mage guild lvl 10 test

shaynecotelle_ESO
shaynecotelle_ESO
Soul Shriven
I set out to see how soon i could get mage 10 and unlock Meteor. i was told over and over you needed to unlock veteran zones before it would be possible. I wanted to find out for myself.

It is not hard at all, simply takes a little time and effort and if your a low levels a few dungeon books you will need help with(3 dungeon books)

other then that, i got mage guild 10 at lvl 15 on a nightblade and i soloed everything except the 3 dungeons. I will say beating all the mage guild quest at the low level was a challenge but not impossible.

ycLbSDj.jpg
  • ColoniaCroisant
    ColoniaCroisant
    ✭✭✭
    Im trying this right now at level 7 im only mages guild 4 right now though but I just got to rivenspire, should I be doin the guild quests too? or just collect the books?
  • shaynecotelle_ESO
    shaynecotelle_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    you will need to do the guild quests in order to achieve this without being a veteran. you need to complete all your home lands, coldharbour, cyrodiil then a few extra

the extras include the books found in dungeons, and the 4 from the mage guild quests.

doing the mage guild quest at this low a level will take time and patients. getting the last mage guild quest i was lvl 14 and it was about 15 minutes of kiting to kill the boss.

it is possible as you can see because mage guild quests are solo. the only help i had was 3 dungeons that required getting past a few bosses.
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    For me I found Cyrodil, Quest Line, and EP, got me to about level 9.5.
  • shaynecotelle_ESO
    shaynecotelle_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    there are 10 dungeon lore books, for me on AD it was 1 book per dungeon on my side, 1 in coldharbour, then 5 books between EP and DC dungeons.

open up your journal and go to the lore library and you will see what you have collected so far. when you complete a whole "set" you will get a boost in your mage guild points.

to hit 10 prior to the vet levels you need everything in the lore library that is not lore for another factions zone specific
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job, especially at level 15.
  • Ausfin
    Ausfin
    Soul Shriven
    I know that this is coming late to the party but for anyone finding this thread don't bother trying this method as this is no longer possible (if it ever was). Each book nets 5 xp and completing the set gets you 20. A break down of all the full possibility is below (Using AD as that is my faction).
    I would love it if someone could prove me wrong ... but at this point I'll be very surprised.

Total Required to Reach Level 10 1380 XP
    Total XP from all accessable prior to Veteran Level 1365 XP

3 books short ...
    • Zone 1 (Auridon) 10 books, 70 XP
    • Zone 2 (Grahtwood) 10 books, 70 XP
    • Zone 3 (Greenshade) 10 books, 70 XP
    • Zone 4 (Malabal Tor) 10 books, 70 XP
    • Zone 5 (Reaper's March) 10 books, 70 XP
    • Zone 6 (Coldharbour) 10 books, 70 XP
    Total Faction Xp for faction zones, 420 XP
    • Biographies 10 books, 70 XP
    • Daedric Princes 10 books, 70 XP
    • Divines and Deities 10 books, 70 XP
    • Dwemer 16 books, 100 Xp
    • Legends of Nirn 10 books, 70 XP
    • Literature 10 books, 70 XP
    • Magic and Magicka 10 books, 70 XP
    • Myths of Mundas 10 books, 70 XP
    • Oblivion Lore 10 books, 70 XP
    • Poetry and Song 10 books, 70 XP
    • Tamriel History 10 books, 70 XP
    Total for Random sets (all zones), 800 XP
    • The Trial of Eyevea 4 books, 40 XP
    Total for Mages Guild quest line, 40 XP
    • Dungeon Lore 17 books, 105 XP
    Total for Dungeons, 105 XP
    Total XP from all accessable prior to Veteran Level 1365 XP

Required XP by Mage Guild level
    • Level 1 70 XP
    • Level 2 90 XP
    • Level 3 110 XP
    • Level 4 130 XP
    • Level 5 150 XP
    • Level 6 170 XP
    • Level 7 190 XP
    • Level 8 210 XP
    • Level 9 260 XP
    Total Required to Reach Level 10 1380 XP
    Edited by Ausfin on June 18, 2015 3:00AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way I could see it working is if you can get one of the Zone collection books in the zone's Group Dungeon. So, for example, getting one of The Rift Lore books inside Blessed Crucible, or one of the Malabal Tor Lore books at Tempest Island.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Hilly1204
    Hilly1204
    Hey I'm doing the same thing but I'm level 23 I can't find one book monomyth: the myth of aurbis in daggerfall no site has the location and I'm struggling any chance you could tell me where to look I'm on Xbox so no add on
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hilly1204 I'm afraid I can't be specific, but try looking in the vicinity of Cumberland's Watch, Stormhaven.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Hilly1204
    Hilly1204
    @Enodoc I shall look tonight but thank you very much your the first to give me a location to actually look! I'm so close I just want meteor to drop on some people in pvp blackwater it would be such a surprise!!!
  • Hilly1204
    Hilly1204
    @Enodoc I might know where it is and you might have just helped me reach it maybe! Thank you we shall find out tonight!