Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodill... help! get me out!

Armenua
Armenua
✭✭✭
i went into cyrodill for the first time. I transported to the northern wayshrine, and now I can't get out. I tried closing down the game, there is nothing to port to. My map gives me skyshards and keeps and castles, but no way out. How do I leave this place??
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a normal wayshrine closeby (not the between keeps transit shrines) where you first arrived.
    All you need to do is zoom out of the map and you'll see all of Tamriel.

Pick a zone and teleport out ...
    :smile:
    Edited by SirAndy on September 24, 2015 7:55PM
  • Armenua
    Armenua
    ✭✭✭
    After I first arrived in Cyrodill, I took a training quest. It told me to go to the North shrine from that small shrine in the plaza. I did that. From that point, I was really unclear what I was to do for the quest. And no one I was around could tell me either. When I was at the North wayshrine, there was nowhere that I could transport. People kept telling me to go the South wayshrine, but there was none on my map nor any other place that the wayshrine would transport... Including back to Eastmarch. It said I couldn't do it from that map.

What the quest didn't tell me, nor did anyone mention to me, was that I had to go off the map to "discover" the South shrine. So I had nowhere to transport to. I eventually ran on foot back to the South area where I arrived... although it is really EAST and not SOUTH. and then I finally got a wayshrine icon on my compass. At least I got myself a few skyshards during the run.

Anyway, it was a bad experience for me, first time in there. The South wayshrine should be an automatic discovery when you port into the Cyrodill map. Or, at the very least, clear instructions to go discover it so that you can return to your base to leave if you must.
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you harvest any resources while you were here? Cyrodiil is famous for its fresh ore and void bloom.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can return to base from the moment you arrive. You use the transit shrines to travel from keep to keep and back to the main base, and then you simply walk 5 seconds from the transit shrine to the wayshrine where you can leave at any time.

If you're lazy and in the middle of nowhere you can just type /stuck and pay a little gold to get teleported back to a wayshrine.
  • Armenua
    Armenua
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I managed to get some voidstones and a few skyshards... :)

The problem was, Orchish, is that the South Wayshrine is not automatically given to you. It doesn't show on the map either when you first arrive and I had no idea I had to run around looking for it. So, /stuck didn't work. There was no other choice than to run from the North Wayshrine to the South one, and I only realized that I had to use the South one because players answered my pleas for help :)
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol it is pretty confusing for people entering and trying to leave for the first time. Would be nice if they could make it stand out a little more. Glad you found your way home, and thanks for stopping by Cyrodiil. We hope you had a pleasant stay and visit us again soon.
  • Armenua
    Armenua
    ✭✭✭
    I love PvP and it was my first attempt to go there. Hopefully Ill get enough courage to go again and find my way to some PvP. Im sure someone needs kills, and Im good at dying :blush:
  • 13igTyme
    13igTyme
    ✭✭✭
    You didn't have to walk to the other base. You could have used the keep-to-keep wayshrine system.
    PS4 | NA | l3igTyme

Thinking about coming back to play...
  • Armenua
    Armenua
    ✭✭✭
    No, I couldnt, which I explained why, because I didn't know I had to find the South wayshrine and ported to the north wayshrine, which left me no way back but running. You have to "discover" the wayshrine in order to go to it from another.
  • 13igTyme
    13igTyme
    ✭✭✭
    Armenua wrote: »
    No, I couldnt, which I explained why, because I didn't know I had to find the South wayshrine and ported to the north wayshrine, which left me no way back but running. You have to "discover" the wayshrine in order to go to it from another.

Yes for the Wayshrine, but there are these other teleporting shrines that you can use as long as your keeps are connecting. Which means the two base keeps are always connecting. So Yes, you could have just teleported from one to the other.
    PS4 | NA | l3igTyme

• Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    there is a Wayshrine and a Transit Shrine... get good son
  • Armenua
    Armenua
    ✭✭✭
    Praboo, Jeez, not to be rude, but if you read the thread, you would understand how I didn't know that and took the transit to North, not knowing I couldn't get back.

Now I've done my 2nd Cyrodill. It was fun, but when I was ready to leave and go back to leveling, once again, I am stuck there. Yes, this time I could travel to a keep close to the North but still had to run there, and then could port to the South and get out.

Please, some explain to me why they made it so fricken hard to leave that place? I just cannot fathom why they would do that, other than to irritate and frustrate people. But if there is a good explanation, I sure would like to know it, so it wouldn't *** me off :)
  • 13igTyme
    13igTyme
    ✭✭✭
    Praboo, Jeez, not to be rude, but if you read the thread, you would understand how I didn't know that and took the transit to North, not knowing I couldn't get back.

Now I've done my 2nd Cyrodill. It was fun, but when I was ready to leave and go back to leveling, once again, I am stuck there. Yes, this time I could travel to a keep close to the North but still had to run there, and then could port to the South and get out.

Please, some explain to me why they made it so fricken hard to leave that place? I just cannot fathom why they would do that, other than to irritate and frustrate people. But if there is a good explanation, I sure would like to know it, so it wouldn't *** me off :)

It's not hard to leave, the transit shrine works for keeps, forts, and your home base. As long as you own it and the connecting ways you can always teleport. It is not a one way ticket.
    PS4 | NA | l3igTyme

• AudioVortex
    AudioVortex
    ✭✭
    Even in your second attempt at PvP you are unable to leave? It's got to be the easiest thing to pick up, sorry to say. You're EP? At a guess due to mentioning Eastmarch and EAST. You have two home gates pictured as a shield on your map (Northern and Southern Morrowind Gate), both of these have a Wayshrine that enables you to leave Cyrodiil. Both are connected by a Transit shrine, directly in the middle of each of the said areas which allows you to travel to all keeps on the map (provided they are owned and have resources). These can be used to also get back to your home gates to teleport out of Cyrodiil.

I'm finding it hard to understand why you are having difficulty, and seem to think running miles is the only way out.
    Edited by AudioVortex on October 12, 2015 10:17AM
    Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
    Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
    Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
    EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
    EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I managed to get some voidstones and a few skyshards... :)

The problem was, Orchish, is that the South Wayshrine is not automatically given to you. It doesn't show on the map either when you first arrive and I had no idea I had to run around looking for it. So, /stuck didn't work. There was no other choice than to run from the North Wayshrine to the South one, and I only realized that I had to use the South one because players answered my pleas for help :)

If you had a hard time in cyrodill, my advice is don't goto IC. I still haven't figured out an easy way of leaving IC. I normally die on purpose just to get out of there.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The design for the intro quests is very confusing. The wording of instructions is poor.

Getting out of Cyrodiil is also not explained. When in doubt, search for wayshrines in map. When still in doubt, die. If you die, it will let you resurrect at a wayshrine. Go naked first to keep gear from degrading.

Dying naked is a major time saver in Cyrodiil if there is something readily available to kill you. Having an add on to save gear sets helps a lot with this.
  • Armenua
    Armenua
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea Dave! I should have died and I didn't think of that!. Remember, Wayshrines that have not been discovered don't show on your map... But, I have realized that dying in a new area allows you to discover wayshrines you haven't before, too.
  • Armenua
    Armenua
    ✭✭✭
    Even in your second attempt at PvP you are unable to leave? It's got to be the easiest thing to pick up, sorry to say. You're EP? At a guess due to mentioning Eastmarch and EAST. You have two home gates pictured as a shield on your map (Northern and Southern Morrowind Gate), both of these have a Wayshrine that enables you to leave Cyrodiil. Both are connected by a Transit shrine, directly in the middle of each of the said areas which allows you to travel to all keeps on the map (provided they are owned and have resources). These can be used to also get back to your home gates to teleport out of Cyrodiil.

I'm finding it hard to understand why you are having difficulty, and seem to think running miles is the only way out.

Well, let me clear it up for you then :)

The second time around, I could only port to a fort that we had captured, so I ported fairly close to the North Wayshrine. I had to run from that fort to the wayshrine though, because the transit shrine in the fort told me I couldn't port to the wayshrine.

The North Wayshrine does not allow you to port to other lands from it. At least, every time I chose to return to The Rift it told me I couldn't use that Wayshrine to do it. I had to get to the South Wayshrine to do it.

If I am missing something -- remember, being really unfamiliar with the Cyrodill zone and rules -- I am really interested in knowing what I need to do. Not proud about things like that :)
  • 13igTyme
    13igTyme
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea Dave! I should have died and I didn't think of that!. Remember, Wayshrines that have not been discovered don't show on your map... But, I have realized that dying in a new area allows you to discover wayshrines you haven't before, too.

For the last time WAY SHRINES =/= TRANSIT SHRINES.
    PS4 | NA | l3igTyme

• Armenua
    Armenua
    ✭✭✭
    13igTyme wrote: »

A moot detail when trying to leave Cyrodill. As not one that I used allowed me to port to the wayshrine that would allow me to return to the regular map. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but every time I tried to use it for that purpose, it told me i couldn't.

Also, just a giggle at the "for the last time" statement.

• 13igTyme
    13igTyme
    ✭✭✭
    13igTyme wrote: »

A moot detail when trying to leave Cyrodill. As not one that I used allowed me to port to the wayshrine that would allow me to return to the regular map. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but every time I tried to use it for that purpose, it told me i couldn't.

Also, just a giggle at the "for the last time" statement.

When you enter Cyrodil you start of at one of your home bases. You have two (2) home bases. Those home bases connect to each other. They will always be connected to each other. Each Home base has a Wayshrine (Teleport around Tamriel) and a Transit Shrine (Teleport around Cyrodil)

If you are at a home base you can use the transit shrines to teleport to any keep your alliance owns, as long as it is connected, even if you've never been there. You can only use the way shrines to teleport to the one (1) other way shrine in Cryodil or any in Tamriel, but not to other keeps. So if you are at a keep your alliance owns, you don't have to run for miles you just need to use the transit shrine which is located inside every keep and fort.

In the rare event to end up at a keep in the middle of nowhere you also don't have to run for miles. A simple look at the map will let you teleport to any way shrine you have discovered for a next to nothing fee.
    PS4 | NA | l3igTyme

• Armenua
    Armenua
    ✭✭✭
    The keep on the eastern side that I ported to, from the transit shrine on the western side of the map, was the closest one to the Northern Wayshrine that I was allowed to get to. Once there, when I checked out the transit shrine hoping it would let me go straight to the Southern Wayshrine, it would not let me transport to any Wayshrine. My only way there was to run. It wasn't very far, granted, but it still made me run to it. At this point in my activity in Cyrodill the only Wayshrines I had discovered were the North and South one.

We are on maintenance, so I can't look at a map to give you details like names of keeps etc. or I would. Next time I go to Cyrodill I will take notes :) and report on the procedure to leave ^^

Still wondering why I cannot just transport back to the Regular Map from wherever I am. Perhaps there is a PvP dynamic that makes that an unfair advantage? But I can't think of one.
    Edited by Armenua on October 12, 2015 2:01PM
  • AmmonErebos
    AmmonErebos
    ✭✭✭
    as they have said many times... huge difference between wayshrine and transit shrine... you can NOT use the transit shrine to teleport to the wayshrine... as you just said in your last post that you tried to do...

its like a 100m walk from the main fort transit shrines to the wayshrines... not the big walk you keep mentioning...

and you want the quickest way out of cyrodiil? open guild list and port to someone that works without going to your home fort and then using wayshrines
  • AudioVortex
    AudioVortex
    ✭✭
    The keep on the eastern side that I ported to, from the transit shrine on the western side of the map, was the closest one to the Northern Wayshrine that I was allowed to get to. Once there, when I checked out the transit shrine hoping it would let me go straight to the Southern Wayshrine, it would not let me transport to any Wayshrine. My only way there was to run.

THIS.

This is where you are going wrong.

When you use a Transit shrine in a keep, you CANNOT use it to teleport to a Wayshrine, only another Transit shrine, which is also at your home gate. Once you have done that, the Wayshrine is just round the corner.

Hope that helps (probably not with the rate this thread is going)
    Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
    Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
    Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
    EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
    EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite
  • 13igTyme
    13igTyme
    ✭✭✭
    Still wondering why I cannot just transport back to the Regular Map from wherever I am. Perhaps there is a PvP dynamic that makes that an unfair advantage? But I can't think of one.

You can. If you zoom out on the map you can go to any way shrine for a small gold fee, as I previously mentioned.
    PS4 | NA | l3igTyme