The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Missing effect for staff heavy attack charge

nick2win2000b14_ESO
nick2win2000b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
Has anyone else had an issue where when you charge the heavy attack on staff the flame/ice effect around the staff head is missing? I can make the effect appear if I use a light attack directly before a heavy attack or trying another heavy attack immediately after the first but if I try to do a heavy attack first its always missing the effect. I've submitted a bug report a while back and asked support but I just get the generic we are very busy email ect. I've tried deleting the shadercahe and the user settings and repairing the client no luck so far, its more of an annoying issue in first person where without the effect its harder to notice the staff movement for the heavy attack charge. This has been happening for months, probably since around the time they changed the staff animations. Video of the issue, the first attack is the bug the second attack is it working correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNASSz222tk
  • nick2win2000b14_ESO
    nick2win2000b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Nobody but me having this issue? If so any suggestions on a fix would be appreciated if its not a game bug but an isolated to me bug.
  • nick2win2000b14_ESO
    nick2win2000b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hate to bump my own post but since customer support was unhelpful telling me if this is a game bug or isolated to me could someone please tell me if this is a common issue or I have an issue with my install or something? Thanks.
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    I am recently back to the game.

I have yet to see it not happen on all my characters. I had thought it was a deliberate change.
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • nick2win2000b14_ESO
    nick2win2000b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I don't believe it's a deliberate change but I'd like a member of zenimax to confirm for sure that it's a bug. I am just glad someone besides myself posted that they were experiencing this. It's been driving me nuts thinking it was a issue on my end.