Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to Group! :(

FixedBlade123
FixedBlade123
✭✭✭
Howdy. Well ... when I finally reached Vet level 10 I was really looking forward to entering Craglorn and Cyradil and continuing my climb. Unfortunately, the last patch ended my trip. I've done about every quest, cave, and boss that an individual player can do. I made it to Vet 10 pretty much on my own without joining guilds or groups. But I've reached the point where I MUST join a group if I have any hope leveling up (quickly, that is). I did manage to reach Vet 11 but I have a long way to go to get to 12.

Here's my problem, after the patch, other players are no longer able to invite me to group or join guilds. They get a message that they can't communicate with my character. That totally sucks because now all I can do is re-fight bosses I've already fought or go around Tamriel gathering ore and wood and glyphs, etc. Has anyone else experienced this frustrating problem and is there a fix? I bought the Xbox One and a Gold membership specifically to play ESO and now I feel a bit gypped. Any help will be appreciated.

FixedBlade123 (gamertag)
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    I'll add that there are a lot of dungeons that I haven't done and would like to group with others in conquering them. Can't do it unless and until I can receive an invite.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    I'll take the lack of response to mean that I'm the only player connected to the USA server who is experiencing this problem and that my player is doomed to remain at Vet 11 for the rest of eternity. Man is that disappointing. All that hard work and I'll never finish the game.

Can't wait for Fallout 4! So much for ESO Tamriel "LIMITED."
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also having same issue finding groups to do groups dungeons art VR14 I am able find a VR group about once every couple of weeks. I would say that 99% of my group calls a get response from level 8 - 10 players only.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know the feeling, it's hard for me to find groups to play with.

I suggest checking out a few sections on this forum.

"Questing and Exploration"
    "Guild Recruitment"

Maybe you could go there and post that you are looking for a group and hopefully you can find some players willing to group with you.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, this is a known issue on the XBOX One that's a little odd. Go into your console settings for privacy and switch from custom to "Adult Default". You'll be able to add group members and be added to groups. It happened to me too and now it's fixed.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    CJohnson81 wrote: »
    Hi all, this is a known issue on the XBOX One that's a little odd. Go into your console settings for privacy and switch from custom to "Adult Default". You'll be able to add group members and be added to groups. It happened to me too and now it's fixed.

I should add - this fixes the "cannot communicate with that player" error message.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭

I should add - this fixes the "cannot communicate with that player" error message.

Thank you much! I will give this a try in a few moments. I need my daily ESO fix and was depressed that I was stuck collecting ore and fighting level 7 Guars. You may have given my life back to me. LOL