The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mutagen as a Burst Heal

Sokre93
Sokre93
My question is simple, Mutagen reads "allies with less than 20% health expend mutagen, and are healed for an additional..." Does this mean that the initial HoT finishes, healing for the full amount as well as an additional amount. IE: Mutagen hot is 10k over 20 seconds, and an additional 3.5k, would someone at less than 20% hp be healed for 13.5k, or 3.5k? Because my combat log doesn't read anything other than the HoT.
Deep down, you know I'm right... at least in part. Which part is unimportant, I'm still right.
  • Sokre93
    Sokre93
    I've been informed that Mutagen has been bugged since like... 1.5, and that's not "update 5", that's game version 1.5 (we are currently in 2.1.8); This bug apparently inhibits the additional heal from triggering, essentially making the Mutagen morph... not really a morph at all.
    Deep down, you know I'm right... at least in part. Which part is unimportant, I'm still right.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is considered a HOT (Heal over Time). I liked it, but since I switched to Blessing of Protection (or combat prayer) I am finding the on demand heal is a lot nicer (mine crits for as high as 6k sometimes).
    Edited by Makkir on October 8, 2015 6:30PM
  • Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭
    I never used it much or tested it much so my 2 cents are pretty useless as i used RR and not mutagen. If i had to make a guess if casted when someone is below 20% it would heal and not HOT. If im reading you right you assume it would HOT and IF the target hit 20% while under the hot effect it would heal them and remove the rest of the hot? ive never seen this happen and it would be nice if thats how it worked. But looking at RR and mutagen it would seem to me if thats how it did mutagen would overshadow RR by a long shot. Could be tooltip bad wording or just a general misunderstanding of it.

Like i said though i never tested it. As a Templar i never really had anyone drop that low to even see how it worked that or never needed to use RR/Mut for healing.
    “All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!
    Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons!” (Portal 2)

17 Years MMORPG Experience healing and I still havn't figured out why people stand in red circles.