Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is there any what to unbound crafted armor after it is bound to your account?

RSram
RSram
✭✭✭✭✭
I was planning to sell my armor sets as my character progressed every 5 levels, but I was told by guild members that I can't because once you wear the armor it is bound to your account.

Note that I don't dye my armor so this isn't the issue.

Is there anyway to unbound the armor sets?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That really sucks big time.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any armor that is over green in quality will be bound to account once worn. I think greens and whites do not bind, but not 100% sure.
    Edited by Sharee on January 8, 2015 5:33PM
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The green bounds, but the white doesn't.

Anyone no why it bounds to the account even if it is not dyed?
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are pretty much two types of equipment. Almost all named sets are BoE (bind on equip). You can find armor up to artifact that doesn't bind, but it will NEVER be as good as bound stuff.

Dyeing binds, special boss drops binds, and special quest drops binds without you equipping. Everything else is BoE.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RSram wrote: »

So the market does not get flooded with people making armor, using it for 5 levels then trying to sell it to other players. (eg to stop exactly what your trying to do)

So to remove armor from the markets, they become bound and can only be sold to merchants or broken down.
    Edited by Natjur on January 8, 2015 9:01PM
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I have discovered that I can share bound armor with my Alts. Deposit in you bank with one toon, and pick it up with a different toon. Not sure this works with everything, but certainly works with stuff I craft with my main.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have discovered that I can share bound armor with my Alts. Deposit in you bank with one toon, and pick it up with a different toon. Not sure this works with everything, but certainly works with stuff I craft with my main.
    The word BOUND means its account bound, so you can trade it with any of your toons but not give it to another player. There are only a few items which are toon bound. (like the undaunted Golden Keys)

Edited by Natjur on January 8, 2015 10:40PM
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »

So the market does not get flooded with people making armor, using it for 5 levels then trying to sell it to other players. (eg to stop exactly what your trying to do)

So to remove armor from the markets, they become bound and can only be sold to merchants or broken down.

I prefer to break them down, personally, to try to retrieve the trait mat.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you can't craft armor for other players then?
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    @RSram‌ Of course you can craft armor for other players. Just don't put it on if it binds.
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you can't craft armor for other players then?
    You can craft armor for anyone, but you can't craft armor, wear it for 5 levels THEN try to sell it to other players.

Armor comes in three types
    Bound On Equip
    Bound On Pickup
    Unbound.

Unbound armor\weapons you can use for as long as you like and then sell to players and all white armor and most green is Unbound.

Edited by Natjur on January 9, 2015 12:24AM
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for clarifying this. I was trying to move my level 10 set of seducer gear (green) to the guild trading bank and I wasn't able to.

I didn't realize that wearing it bound it to your account. So I guess I can't give away my gear.

Really is a poor game mechanic. As long as I don't wear it I can give it away or sell it, but once I wear it, I can't. Really stupid.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not all bound items are account-bound. Some are character-bound and cannot be put into the bank, undaunted chest keys for example.
    Wololo.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for clarifying this. I was trying to move my level 10 set of seducer gear (green) to the guild trading bank and I wasn't able to.

I didn't realize that wearing it bound it to your account. So I guess I can't give away my gear.

Really is a poor game mechanic. As long as I don't wear it I can give it away or sell it, but once I wear it, I can't. Really stupid.

While the market for crafted goods in this game is weak, allowing people to sell "used" gear would make it even weaker. Then one crafter can make set X and sell it and 5 levels later that person sells it and five levels later that person sells it. Suddenly you have one crafted set being used by dozens of people. If you want crafted set X, craft it yourself or get a crafter to make it for you. A market of used gear would just make crafting for other players even less needed.
  • Skexis
    Skexis
    Your crafted gear only get bound if you craft a set item.

/Skexis
  • Superschwizer
    So... if you cant trade it, that means you cant give it to a friend who could enchant it for you, or upgrading it with smithing...
    And that means you have to learn every profession by yourself? Wtf
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... if you cant trade it, that means you cant give it to a friend who could enchant it for you, or upgrading it with smithing...
    And that means you have to learn every profession by yourself? Wtf
    No, not at all. It means you can't do any of that after you've already worn it. If you do that before you wear it then you've got no problems. Actually, for enchanting it doesn't even matter if you've worn it, because you just get your friend to craft a glyph and give you the glyph. Then you apply it to your gear yourself.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding to this discussion... I used my gold undaunted key yesterday, and collected the Engine Guardian's Arm Cops (VR16). The were NOT bound... I logged out last night, logged in this morning - and guess what? Now they are bound to me. I've not worn them, nor changed their appearance. I simply logged out for the day - and was thinking about selling them... but now I can't.

What on earth is that about?
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont bother selling gear you use while leveling, I usually just sell it to vendors when I out-level it.
    If you want to save money just go farming for 30min before you switch to your new gear and dont repair your old set.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Adding to this discussion... I used my gold undaunted key yesterday, and collected the Engine Guardian's Arm Cops (VR16). The were NOT bound... I logged out last night, logged in this morning - and guess what? Now they are bound to me. I've not worn them, nor changed their appearance. I simply logged out for the day - and was thinking about selling them... but now I can't.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Engine+Guardian+Set

Looks like they might be Bind on pickup
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »

Monster pieces are bind on pickup. That's why you never see them in guild stores. If your EG shoulder wasn't bound when you got it from the chest, that was a glitch, and the system corrected it on your next login.
    Edited by Reverb on October 9, 2015 2:27PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche