Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

unstable fps and fps drops with gtx 970 and i7 2600k

Lardos
Lardos
Soul Shriven
Hello everybody,
I just started playing ESO and I experienced some pretty annoying fps drops in game.
It seems completely random. Sometomes I got smooth 90+ fps and one second later it falls down to around 30. Its really annoying.
Turning down the graphics does not work and it would not explain those framerate jumps because my gtx 970 should be able to handle the game in 1080p pretty well.
I already tried some things:

- latest video driver
- I turned off vsync
- I set the priority of the eso.exe to "high"
- I changed RequestedNumJobThreads in the UserSettings to "0"

Am I the only one with this performance issues? Is there any soulution for it?

Greetings from germany
  • ZOS_KevinO
    ZOS_KevinO
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings @Lardos. We moved your thread to the english "Players Helping Players" sections, since it is fitting better in here.
    Edited by ZOS_KevinO on October 8, 2015 5:39PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same hardware as you and I definitely have issues at times. For me though, I think a main culprit is the minimap addon. I am starting to abandon that addon so that I can see if I still get those issues. Certain towns can be really bad and I suspect that there is nothing I can do about that.
  • Lardos
    Lardos
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Kevin Thank you!

I found something about disabling core parking?
    Does anyone know something about it? And does it help?
  • phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lardos wrote: »
    Hello everybody,
    I just started playing ESO and I experienced some pretty annoying fps drops in game.
    It seems completely random. Sometomes I got smooth 90+ fps and one second later it falls down to around 30. Its really annoying.
    Turning down the graphics does not work and it would not explain those framerate jumps because my gtx 970 should be able to handle the game in 1080p pretty well.
    I already tried some things:

- latest video driver
    - I turned off vsync
    - I set the priority of the eso.exe to "high"
    - I changed RequestedNumJobThreads in the UserSettings to "0"

Am I the only one with this performance issues? Is there any soulution for it?

Greetings from germany

I have the same video card with an i7 clocked a bit higher and I have the same FPS problem. This all started with the IC patch. It isn't your system.
  • Lardos
    Lardos
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, so at least I am not alone with this problem...
    Would be great if they could patch this.