Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Regen

LostRedden
LostRedden
✭✭✭
I have a friend who is a templar that is vet 11. He doesn't like coming to cyrodiil or IC because anytime he comes to Cyrodiil his Magicka Regen is cut from roughly 2400 down to 1300. He emailed ZOS about this and all their reply was, was a link to the IC patch notes.

I think he's bugged and I've told him to email them screen shots of this occurrence.

I've seen the screen shots, so I know he's not full of it, in Auridon it's at the 2400, but as soon as he's transported into a campaign it drops down into the 1300 mark.

All his armor is completely repaired, and his food buffs are all on. Does anyone have a theory or idea on what's going on? Why is he losing 1100 magicka regen whenever he enters Cyrodiil?
Vet 16 Magicka Sorc DPS, V16 Stam Sorc DPS, V16 Stamina Templar DPS, V16 Dragonknight Tank/DPS, V1 Stamina NB DPS
|PS4 NA AD| [Guild Leader of IMaG]

Vet 1 Magicka Sorc b]PS4 NA DC[/b

Vet 3 Stam Sorc DPS [PC AD]
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    LostRedden wrote: »
    I have a friend who is a templar that is vet 11. He doesn't like coming to cyrodiil or IC because anytime he comes to Cyrodiil his Magicka Regen is cut from roughly 2400 down to 1300. He emailed ZOS about this and all their reply was, was a link to the IC patch notes.

I think he's bugged and I've told him to email them screen shots of this occurrence.

I've seen the screen shots, so I know he's not full of it, in Auridon it's at the 2400, but as soon as he's transported into a campaign it drops down into the 1300 mark.

All his armor is completely repaired, and his food buffs are all on. Does anyone have a theory or idea on what's going on? Why is he losing 1100 magicka regen whenever he enters Cyrodiil?

Have they tried disabling battle leveling (in gameplay setting, must be done outside of cyrodiil)? The battle leveling can actually reduce stats.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • LostRedden
    LostRedden
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a way to adjust this on the PS4?
    Vet 16 Magicka Sorc DPS, V16 Stam Sorc DPS, V16 Stamina Templar DPS, V16 Dragonknight Tank/DPS, V1 Stamina NB DPS

• SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way to adjust this on the PS4?

I am on pc, so I am not really familiar with the gameplay options available on ps4, but there should be an option available to disable it.
  • LostRedden
    LostRedden
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you SturgeHammer, I'll look into it when I get off work and see if I can help him. Thank you.

• SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you SturgeHammer, I'll look into it when I get off work and see if I can help him. Thank you.

Hope that solves the issue. Before IC only players level 49 or less were battle leveled, after IC anyone less than the max level can be battle leveled. A side effect of this change was that some people had their battle level turned on without them knowing it.
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    If I may temporarily hijack this thread, I'm a magicka Templar in my 30s so if I decide to travel to Cyrodiil or IC I should leave my battle leveling enabled until I'm level 50 (or whatever the veteran level equivalent is) and then disable it, correct?
    PC NA
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    ZioGio wrote: »
    If I may temporarily hijack this thread, I'm a magicka Templar in my 30s so if I decide to travel to Cyrodiil or IC I should leave my battle leveling enabled until I'm level 50 (or whatever the veteran level equivalent is) and then disable it, correct?

If you are significantly below level cap (more than 2-3 Veteran Levels), it is almost always better to keep the battle leveling option turned on. The people who run into trouble when battle leveling are typically those who have builds that stack particular stats to very high levels...Battle Leveling normalizes these stats to those of a "typical" VR14 player and, therefore, lowers these stacked stats by a significant margin, leaving some builds less effective than if they hadn't been battle-leveled. If you aren't someone with a build like this, until you get to high Veteran Ranks (at least VR10+), you will probably want battle leveling on or you'll have a really tough time in Cyrodiil. You can always play both ways and see what works best for your particular build.

P.S. Improvements to battle leveling are coming with the Orsinium patch that appear to help with some of these issues.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on October 7, 2015 7:54PM
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZioGio wrote: »

If you are in you lvl 30s I'd recommend non-vet pvp in blackwater blade where everyone is battle leveled.

As far as when exactly to turn it off is a matter of your gear and build. I have a vet 3 sap tank NB that is better without battle leveling, but I also have a Vet 6 magicka Templar that is stronger with battle leveling on. From my experience tanks benefit more from turning it off earlier than dps builds. This is because your armor/spell resistance starts surpassing the battle level stats in the early veteran ranks (~ vet 3), whereas your weapon and spell damage probably won't be better than the battle level stats until around vet 10.