The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Area progression - Crown Store

nosrevelk
nosrevelk
It's really annoying to be lock outside some areas and climb a huge wall os quests. (first time is ok, but for alts it's a pain in the a...)

1º Idea - Why don't you guys sell an "area access" in the store? Paying x crowns and all chars can travel to any location. (zenimax $$$)

2º Idea - Let us bribe our way in paying x golds to a guard or government per area. (gold sink)

My progression on 3 vets...

First char v15 - did silver and gold
Second char v7 - only silver
Third char v15 - just coldharbour

Not sure if is just me but I really can't handle doing it the same quests over and over again.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be better if Silver and Gold were both opened up once you finished the Main Quest (and you didn't have to do Silver to get to Gold), and I think that is one of the aims for the upcoming removal of Veteran Ranks.

Maybe -- just maybe -- they could sell a Main Quest Bypass, but I don't really like the idea of selling area access shortcuts, as that's giving progress for no effort. If it did exist, you would have to forfeit all quest rewards that come from the Main Quest (Skill Points, XP, Gold, Items, and the Soul Magic Skill Line) if you took it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp