Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Levelling

Vangy
Vangy
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey all,

I have a v16 dk maxed and a v16 sorc maxed. For both of these toons i did each and every single quest, have almost all skyshards and achieves etc. Did cadwells gold and silver as well.

Now i want to level a NB and templar but the very thought of going through all this again makes me feel like i want to jump off a cliff and as im falling i want to shoot myself twice in the gut and then swing a hammer at my toe just before I land. I have some friends who have like 6 toons maxed etc, and im sure there are some of you out there who have this too. So my question is how did you all bring yourself to do it?

I mean the ESO world is real purrty and all and the quests are kinda fun the first 2 times, but come on... I dont wanna do it x 4 plssssss. Also grinding to v16 is a nightmare. I fall asleep at the keyboard after like 30 mins so please i did try doing this lol. I lasted till lvl 23 and then just gave up on leveling a templar lol. Any advice on how to level alts in a new and exciting way or am I doomed to grind/quest? PvP dosent work too. It gives jack diddly exp so yeah.....
Edited by Vangy on October 6, 2015 6:20AM
(2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
(2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
(2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
(1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try fishing and relax.

You have 2 v16 toons, some have none.

You have noobies begging for fast xp.

You still have the same peeps wanting vet levels dropped, I wonder why ?

It still means you belong to the, I want it now generation.

Sigh :)
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    Try fishing and relax.

You have 2 v16 toons, some have none.

You have noobies begging for fast xp.

You still have the same peeps wanting vet levels dropped, I wonder why ?

It still means you belong to the, I want it now generation.

Sigh :)

And u belong to the I cant read generation. Nowhere in my post did i say i want to level up fast. Im just looking for different fun ways to get decent exp. Heck i can force myself to grind a toon to 16 in about a week if I want to. But speed isnt what im looking for. Here's the key line im referring to " Any advice on how to level alts in a new and exciting way or am I doomed to grind/quest?"

Here let me help you by summarizing my post in a manner you can understand; me bored of questing/grinding. me want to find out if you know any other ways to level that is fun. you understand?

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoa sooooo defensive LOL

Again, go fishing and relax :)
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully they buff the EXP gained from Cyrodiil PVP soon. That would help a lot. Orsinium will also be awesome for single player fans since you can play there at any level. If all future DLC locations follow that "play at any level" theme that TES is so popular for then at least one day levelling alts will be immensely fun and full of choice =)

I vote they get rid of VR, make 50 the level cap (or lower), and focus on improving the CP system. Allow us to quest anywhere, any time, and make all the quests and locations more enjoyable by being optional and means to improve EXP in skill lines and gain more CP. Same deal for PVP in Cyrodiil - that really does need to be just as viable for EXP gain as questing is. End-game comes sooner, allowing them to focus more on end-game content quantity and quality, which can be more locations, dungeons, raids, PVP, arenas, anything and everything. So long as the CP system works, that seems to be a great system for an online TES game.
    Edited by Darkstorne on October 5, 2015 3:01PM
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Hopefully they buff the EXP gained from Cyrodiil PVP soon. That would help a lot. Orsinium will also be awesome for single player fans since you can play there at any level. If all future DLC locations follow that "play at any level" theme that TES is so popular for then at least one day levelling alts will be immensely fun and full of choice =)

See this guy gets it. This is what im looking for. Faith in community restored. Ty u get an awesome.

• willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always thought this game was soo unfriendly to alt creation and levelling, and at the potential loss of business to ZOS.
    so many things to discourage an alt if you want it to be as good as your main:
    • Collecting all the skyshards again
    • Doing all the achievements again for colours
    • Collecting all the mage's guild books again
    • Replaying content you have played before at both 1-50 and VR1-16
    • Tiny XP for PVP only AP levels
    • limited bag space for resource nodes of various other level applicable items

This excludes the level grind which is expected. I cant expect my character to be on par with crafting as my main unless i level it. but it does present more boundaries to levelling an alt than many other MMO/RPG games i know.

just seems a shame, as im a strong advocate for having alts in any game, to learn the other classes and how they work, and have an informed opinion on gameplay and game mechanics to be able to make suggestions from an unbiased and well rounded viewpoint. To be better at PVP simply because you know the aresenal the enemy has. to spend more money and support the game with XP pots and mount upgrades, style upgrades.

seems a waste to then put so many boundaries in the way of levelling an alt as to drive people away from it.
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I am VR12 and I refuse to do anymore fetch quests... After being in IC and PVP/Cyrodill it is just a joke trying to do Caldwells crap at lower level XP.

Mage guild meteor will just have to wait forever.. That whole process is basically a joke as well.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @puffy99 totally know what u mean lol. I did all of that not once but twice lol for 2 toons.

@willymchilybily yeah the whole sky shards and mages guild thing is an annoyance. Forcing us to do the same stuff over and over again isn't replayability or "content". It's just a plain snooze fest...