Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you suggest me and my friend so if we want more of a challenge?

Chieve
Chieve
✭✭✭
So since the group finder tool isn't working properly, we haven't had a challenging boss fight and we don't wanna wait outside a dungeon asking random people if they wanna join

I'm a level 30 resto sorc, and he's a level 29 bow dk, dps.

Do you think IC is a good place for us? Does that have enough quests to get to level 16 by doing the pve quests there?

What do you suggest for a challenge?
Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tool strangely enough worked for me on PS4 in EP (Is hell frozen over?) but yeah, not a lot of people use it especially mid levels mostly newbies use it now. IC may not be the best as you have to find a group of 3+ to have a chance against most of the mobs and a lot more for the bosses unless you are pros (which I will admit I am not)even with the battle leveling (not to mention enemy players...)
    Edited by RAGUNAnoOne on September 28, 2015 2:24AM
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest that you and your friend join a guild that focuses on running PvE content (or PvP if that is more your speed). Then you will be able to more easily find players to group up with for the more challenging content.

Check out the guild recruitment section of the forums and you will probably find lots of guilds trying to do the same content you are. Good luck!
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Group tool isn't all that broken, there's just a severe lack of tanks. I often queue up for dailies and it very rarely takes longer than 10-15 minutes, often times <5 minutes. So that's one alternative is for one of you to begin tanking for dungeons.

I would say if you want a challenge you can try duoing dungeons, I've often done that but again one of you will have to be able to tank.

You can certainly go to IC and it would be easier to find groups, or find things to duo there, as it scales your level up just like Cyrodiil.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Chieve
    Chieve
    ✭✭✭
    Group tool isn't all that broken, there's just a severe lack of tanks. I often queue up for dailies and it very rarely takes longer than 10-15 minutes, often times <5 minutes. So that's one alternative is for one of you to begin tanking for dungeons.

I would say if you want a challenge you can try duoing dungeons, I've often done that but again one of you will have to be able to tank.

You can certainly go to IC and it would be easier to find groups, or find things to duo there, as it scales your level up just like Cyrodiil.

Can a sorc tank?

I'm a healer and like/prefer healing. ..

And my friend has no interest in tanking unless he can do so with a bow
    Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

• mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Any class can tank dungeon content pretty easily. If he can use a bow with the inner fire taunt and still survive then sure. The only other taunt besides inner fire is from the one hand / shield line (melee taunt) inner fire is in the undaunted line (ranged taunt) and if he prefers a stamina taunt then the morph will allow that.

He's a DK so that's a solid tank class, I guess he would do one hand and shield on one bar, bow on the other, if he's well geared then could get away with not having heavy armor also and be a medium armor tank build with a lot of health/stamina.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Technically, with the right build, any class can play as any role (though most people seem to prefer dk tanks). You need to have a taunt to tank effectively, so you pretty much would be required to have one hand + shield be one of your weapons. The game's other taunt is in the undaunted skill line. It is a ranged taunt, but doesn't seem as effective as the sword/shield taunt.

One other thing to keep in mind (though I personally don't agree with the sentiment), a lot of groups (especially PUG groups) believe that the group healer absolutely has to be a templar. Because templars have the dedicated class healing tree, they are viewed as the default healers, and you might find yourself getting turned down for groups if you are healing with a sorc character. Finding a guild that focuses on running PvE content helps to avoid this situation, because people are more likely to break out of the "templar as healer" mindset if it is someone they know and trust.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on September 28, 2015 9:29PM
  • Chieve
    Chieve
    ✭✭✭
    Ive asked this many times, but should I reroll a templar and make my sorc dps?

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Chieve wrote: »
    Ive asked this many times, but should I reroll a templar and make my sorc dps?

I don't think you need to...I personally have seen some awesome sorc healers. But there are people out there who insist that certain classes are meant for certain roles. I don't agree with that mindset and think you should play the character you feel most comfortable with. When you find a good group of people to run dungeons with, they won't care what class you are as long as you do your job well. You are more likely to run into people with the attitude of "all temps are healers and all dks are tanks" if you run with a lot of PUGs. Just another reason to find a good guild :)

• mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As long as you're vocal you shouldn't have any problems being a sorc healer. When a non-templar healer isn't working, it's usually not the healers fault, it's the DPS fault. They need to stay clumped together, preferably closer to the tank (but out of cleave range) so that you can target them all in a healing springs circle at once.

A lot of pug DPS run around like crazy but they can't expect you to chase them around trying to get them to stand still long enough to cast a healing springs on them.

That being said, the most difficult part of being a non-templar healer isn't the heal strength of not having breath of life as much as it is having to watch player positioning and 2 clicks/button presses to cast healing springs, as opposed to a templar healer who could get away with just watching health bars and spamming breath of life.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    What platform server and alliance. If you are ps4 EU and ebonheart then feel free to join in with my group of misfits we don't care if you not "the best" build we will do dungeons with you anyway. My pan is ninjaMyk
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking for a guild that focuses on group events would be a good idea. Also for group dungeons, if you and your friend want a challenge, group with someone at level 45+ and make sure it scales to them, that should be an interesting run when you're around level 30!
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana is right.. the last 2 characters I leveled up, I am always running with higher level group and scaled to them. I am templar healer/dps on that 2 character so its not tears inducing hard but its still sitting upright, full concentration and paying full attention to what is going on the screen. If its hard to get a group that would accept you in a group due to being lower than what they asked for, join a pve guild. I find that more experienced players will be more willing to accept lower level players and help out when you need help with suggestions, tactic tips etc.

There is nothing more soul destroying in game than hanging around outside a dungeon waiting for stragglers to group up.. been there done that in the early days of me playing ESO and don't wish it on anyone. If you are on pc, message me in game and would be happy to help out.
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • TheNephilimCrow
    TheNephilimCrow
    ✭✭✭
    Challenge? Do dungeons with no gear on besides your weapons. PvP is a challenge in itself with two lower levels, but to make that challenging you could turn off Alliance icons so you won't know enemy from friendly. I suspect it would give you a bit of an "on edge" feel.
    PSN, Youtube & Twitch: TheNephilimCrow
    [NA] ESO EP Guild (GM): The Order of Crows (PvE) - 300+ Members (Discontinued)
    [NA] ESO AD Guild (GM): The Blades of Ayrenn (PvP) - 45 Members (Actively Recruiting)

|:Veteran Rank:|
    VR16 - AD Breton - S&S/Bow Werewolf Stamina Nightblade - Title "Savage Shadow"
    VR 1 - AD Altmer - DW/Resto Magicka Sorcerer - Title "Spellsword"

|:Non-Veteran:|
    LVL 45 - DC Bosmer - Jack of Trades (Master Provisioning, Blacksmithing, etc.)
    Lvl 22 - AD Breton - Templar - Hybrid Build - PvE - Title "The Holy Knight"
    LVL 21 - AD Imperial - Dragonknight - Tank Build (In Progress)- Title "The Copper Knight"
    Lvl 13 - AD Khajit - DW Magicka Nightblade - Title "Mystical Thief"