The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Load times cannot wait for "next incremental patch"

Infinite12
Infinite12
✭✭✭✭
This is the worst part of this game right now is these ridiculous load time. We can't wait for next week to see these addressed. Load times are horrendous
[GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
My Characters
Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
  • FuzzyDuck79
    FuzzyDuck79
    ✭✭✭
    Had to log out of the game after being on a loading screen for over 15 minutes in imperial city, after waiting in a queue of 65 to get in. I spent money to play a game that's loading times are comparable to a Sinclair zx spectrum, only far less stable.
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be blunt having to wait in a pvp queue was your own fault. When you need to reboot the game in pvp you can avoid the queue to get back in by closing the game without loging out then reboot it and load right back into cyro with no wait time as the game will treat it as a crash and hold your place on the server for 4 minutes
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Spliffo you're losing sight of the point. The loading times are atrocious. Very rarely do you see updates that make a game so much worse. I died in pvp, hit X to revive at the closest spawn in Imperial City, sitting there for about 8 minutes then closed the game an opened it again. Another 5 minutes to get in, spawned in, jump down from the spawn area and started fighting someone, I was losing the fight so I started to back away and ended up getting away from the guy and a team mate started fighting him, then all of a sudden every button I pressed I got the message "Cannot do that while dead". I never died, I got close but never died. The game is much more unstable and actually worse. Load times are worse, the banking system is worse.
    My Characters

• Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mind if I ask what Mbs you are getting? Just asking because to be honest I'm having no problems with load times unless I use a door at the same time as 5+ other players and the occasional unusually long load time but not more often than I was in 1.6
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get about 15mbps. But I wasn't getting unusually long load times before IC hit. So it's not my connection
    My Characters

• Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough. To be honest I know a lot of people are having this issue and want ZOS to fix but it's more than likely due to the mass amounts of players flowing into the pvp zone and should die down once they are all geared. Have you had any better results in a lower population campaign?
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    That explanation would be reasonable if it was ONLY pvp loading screens that did this. But it's not. It's every single loading screen. Occasionally I'll go into a house or something and won't have a unusually long load time but I'd say about 95% of the time I get unusually long load time no matter if I'm in Pvp or not.
    My Characters

• modemman11
    Same here, no matter where I go I have to wait a long time for the loading screens, and almost every one flashes up THIS MAY BE AN UNUSUALLY LONG LOAD SCREEN" 3 or 4 times...

I have 150 mbps down 10 up internet, and it also started with the IC patch for me as well.
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, more pc maintenance scheduled for this week.
    My Characters

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't be so bad if you had mini games to complete during load screens, or wordfinds. Hell, even a pacman mini game would be appreciated.
  • Zerkcie
    Zerkcie
    I get 50mbs and the zone load times are crazy for me as well. It's not a on our end problem, its a on their end problem. I also have never seen a patch in a mmo that has broken more than it seemed to fix. Do they have test servers? Because for there to be this many problems it seems that they don't. I would hope it was tested but if it was how are there this many issues??? And worse yet it doesn't seem like a fix is coming anytime soon.
  • Ravens-Sonata
    Ravens-Sonata
    ✭✭✭
    They dont really seem concerned or care about Us console gamers - PC gets regular maintenance and fixes, but not us consolers
  • bicketybam
    bicketybam
    ✭✭
    Close to 5 minutes to load into Rivenspire. I won't be keeping my nightblade parked there anymore. This is ridiculous.
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    Load times seem SOOOOO much worse on my V16 than on my V6. The load times aren't too bad on my v6, my V16 though, they're ridiculous. And having to wait until mid October for a fix is such a *** off.
    My Characters