Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is there to do for higher lvl players?

Captkickass37
Captkickass37
Soul Shriven
Hi.
Ive been playing casually since launch and have just hit vet2.
I still havent completed the main story. Have mostly been running dungeons. And have had a few trips to cyrodil for some casual pvp.

I dont really know much else about the game. Have pretty much only spent gold on bag space
What else is there to do?
Where do vet players go to grind? Where can i farm gold/items/gear etc.
What can/should i spend gold on?

I know I'm asking noob questions for a vet lvl. But i really don't know what to do with the game.
Any tips or links would be greatly appreciated
  • Captkickass37
    Captkickass37
    Soul Shriven
    I probably shouldve mentioned I'm Dc on Ps4
  •  HollyQ502
    Why haven't you finished the main story? I'd do that, if I were you. Have you finished the Mage and Fighter's Guild quest lines? They're fun, IMO. When you finish the main story, you can move on to do other factions' quests by means of Cadwell's Silver and Gold, which I found fun.
  • Captkickass37
    Captkickass37
    Soul Shriven
    I just hadnt gotten around to do it fully. I pretty much just get on and dungeon.
    Ive just hit coldharbour now though. So hopefully not too far away from being done.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    once you pass the main quest, there will still be so much more to do. You'll see once you pass it
  • Captkickass37
    Captkickass37
    Soul Shriven
    Ok sweet. I hear ppl talk qbout craglorn and cadwells. But i have never been to either
    I have held off getting the dlc because i still dont know enough about them places.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Once you finish the main story, you still technically have two-thirds of the leveling content left to do. Cadwell's Silver & Gold are quests that grant you access to the other faction's zones where you can do all of the quests there in an alternate reality kind of scenario. Craglorn is a group PvE zone intended for Veteran Rank 10+ characters. Most of the content can be soloed if you have a strong build, good gear, and/or are over-leveled, but it is more challenging than normal content intended for solo players. Craglorn is also the zone where the game's three trials are located, so if you like doing dungeons, you may enjoy these more "raid-like" encounters.

To answer your other questions:

What else is there to do?
    Cadwell's Silver/Gold, Craglorn, Trials, Dragonstar Arena, PvP, Imperial City (if you choose to purchase the DLC), become a master of the economy, level up crafting, farm achievements you may not have gotten yet, grind champion points, etc. Plus the Orsinium DLC will probably be out before the end of the year (if ZOS follows through on their current timetable).

Where do vet players go to grind? Where can i farm gold/items/gear etc.
    Grind spots are generally kept pretty quiet for fear of nerfs. However, right now the best place to get true endgame gear (V16) is Imperial City...but in general you get the best gear (depending on your build) from endgame content (dungeons, trials, PvP, etc.) and crafting. Gold items do not really drop out in the open world...so you can't farm them per se. You typically have to improve lower quality items up to gold quality (or have someone do it for you).

What can/should i spend gold on?
    There aren't a lot of gold sinks in ESO at the moment. Currently, your best bet would probably be to spend your money on good gear (depending on your ability to craft your own gear, saving until you get to a higher VR would probably be smart) or the materials to craft good gear. Other things to purchase are food and potions. You can also use the money to pay repair bills or to upgrade your riding skills, if you haven't already. A lot of people also spend money on motifs if that is something you are interested in.

Edited by Allyhoo811 on October 2, 2015 4:30AM
  • rb2001
    rb2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really know what people expect when it comes to MMOs. It's as if there is some expectation out there that there always has to be new content "or the game is trash".

Not directly talking about the OP, just a general observation.

They, just like any other game, have a finite amount of content. Once you are through that, it is up to you if you want to

1. repeat content on the same character;
    2. repeat content in new ways on (a) new character(s) (alts, who can have their own choices, playstyle and RP)
    3. do the repeatable content (dailies, PVP)
    4. create new "content" and context (guilds, RP, helping other players, user created events/stories)

ESO has a lot of content, but some time you are going to get through it, and then it is up to you what things you want to do on a daily/sometimes basis, at least until another DLC rolls out.

As for me?

I tend to do all of the above, all at once, and treat it like a big persistent world. I don't rush anything, and for my playtime I am "way behind others". My main is VR12, but I have never grinded nor went out of my way to "get levels". I'm not very far into Cadwell's Silver (a little burnt out on the dreary quest, get useless item, break down, rinse, repeat, to be honest).

I log in each day, get into the RP of my characters, and decide what to do at the time.
  • Captkickass37
    Captkickass37
    Soul Shriven
    Allyhoo81.
    Thank you very much. The perfect answet to my questions, i was worried i was being a bit vague.
    Much appreciated thank you!!!!

Rb2001.
    In no way am I trashing the game. I feel like i have only played such a small percentage of the content. But i dont what else there is to do. I hear and read people are out doing other things different to me. But i have never had it explained to me what these things are. Allyhoo811 explained it for me excellently.

• i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    Fish

Grind

PvP

Trials

Grind some more

Run dungeons

level an alt

Did i mention grind?
    XBOX ONE - NA