The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DK DW Crit build doable??

Uneed2Stop
Uneed2Stop
✭✭✭
Ok so from the beginning of eso I was stuck whether to choose DK or NB. The idea of being super tanky, Soloing strong bosses/mobs and overall adaptable to many play styles was why i picked dk, But i always half regret my decision because the idea of being a silent striking ambushing gank-ster always interested me too. Turned me on. So my question is: Is there a way to still have high ass crit and be an ambushing gank chieftain with a DK? I missed being a rogue in my wow days but im NOT starting over to play nightblade. Also stupid noob sidequestion but can you get a sneak crit from abilities like flying blade or just from normal attacks?

Dont let my DREAMS. Be DREAMS.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any offensive ability when used from stealth gets the sneak bonus as far as I know. This includes light and heavy attacks as well. The dk has an arsenal of tanky, sustain skills that makes us realllllly hard to kill in pvp. Sadly we are ill equipped when it comes to mobility and sneaking short of being a vampire/invisibility pots. I personally don't like vamp due to lots of the fighters guild skill being exploited for massive damage.

To answer your question, yes it is possible to get lots of crit as a dk with DW. But imo it's hard to be sneaky and ambush people as a dk. We lack the mobility especially in ic. As a nb you can just dark cloak and move unhindered through the insane mob density but as a dk you need to kill a lot of the stuff to move around behind enemy lines which puts you at a slight disadvantage when it comes to ganking. Most people who know what thyre doing are immidiatley on their guard when they see mobs dead etc. Still once in a while you will be able to pull off the evil hunter+wb+heavy attack animation cancel + light attack+ executioner to wreck some poor soul.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Uneed2Stop
    Uneed2Stop
    ✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Any offensive ability when used from stealth gets the sneak bonus as far as I know. This includes light and heavy attacks as well. The dk has an arsenal of tanky, sustain skills that makes us realllllly hard to kill in pvp. Sadly we are ill equipped when it comes to mobility and sneaking short of being a vampire/invisibility pots. I personally don't like vamp due to lots of the fighters guild skill being exploited for massive damage.

To answer your question, yes it is possible to get lots of crit as a dk with DW. But imo it's hard to be sneaky and ambush people as a dk. We lack the mobility especially in ic. As a nb you can just dark cloak and move unhindered through the insane mob density but as a dk you need to kill a lot of the stuff to move around behind enemy lines which puts you at a slight disadvantage when it comes to ganking. Most people who know what thyre doing are immidiatley on their guard when they see mobs dead etc. Still once in a while you will be able to pull off the evil hunter+wb+heavy attack animation cancel + light attack+ executioner to wreck some poor soul.

Lol wait i got all that but what did you mean by evil hunter?
  • hardcore_gmr
    hardcore_gmr
    ✭✭✭
    Uneed2Stop wrote: »

lol...evil hunter is a fighters guild skill that stacks crit

• Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ what he said lol
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say that it is easier to be NB tank dps, than DK stealth dps.
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Uneed2Stop
    Uneed2Stop
    ✭✭✭
    Uneed2Stop wrote: »

lol...evil hunter is a fighters guild skill that stacks crit

Daaaamn i feel stupid lmao but thanks!. ill definitely grab that. Yeaa im not too into the fine details yet. Ive been dragging ass and mostly questing and having giant parties in riften lol