The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial City Arena District Exploit

B_EAZY_TRAP_GOD
I'm an xbox player on AD and I've been playing the new content since it came out. I play on Chillrend and on the first day it came out the EP have been exploiring the arena in the district and no one can get inside besides EP. They put caltrops at the door and it glitches it so no one can come inside and no matter what time of the day i try to get in they always have it under control. They remove the caltrops to let other EP inside and then immediately close it after so they can continuously farm stones inside. This glitch must've existed on pc as well because like i said they knew how to do it right away. Can these players be punished for exploiting this? And can this glitch be fixed asap because it sucks. Can an admin please respond asap so i at least know that the problem can be addressed
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is that you can't use that door while in combat, so as long as someone spams an AoE on the door no one from enemy factions can enter.

Something does need to be addressed regarding this. Easiest solution would be to just remove the door, however that would let players drag mobs out of the arena etc.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • B_EAZY_TRAP_GOD
    Oh so thats what it is? Is there no way to touch the door without hitting their caltrops
  • eligh0716
    eligh0716
    ✭✭
    I've had problems getting in the door out of combat. But when I roll away for a second it lets me use it. I also do this on mobs I can't loot for minute. Just roll.
  • lysylya
    lysylya
    ✭✭
    It's not really an exploit. If people choose to leave the arena, they won't be able to get back in if there are caltrops on the door; let alone the fact you can put beast traps and the like awaiting for the arena goers' departures.
  • Disturbd_ZX6R
    Or you can just use negate magic on their caltrops ... One wonders if you were the one inside the arena would you still be upset ... I think not.
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get Major Evasion on (Histbark 5 piece or use Shuffle from medium armour skill line), pray for decent RNG dodging the caltraps, spam whatever button you press to enter the door. Good luck!

Yes, I agree they should make it so anyone on the outside is immune to AoEs cast inside, then everyone can enter.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
  • Junglejim82
    Junglejim82
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly it's nonsense , we took a group of 8 into thorn blade ps4 eu (ep buff camp). We are DC . We let the almighty zero inside leave to chase a portal and we snuck in while they were pre occupied. Held it all night till we got bored randomly letting small groups of reds in for target practice . While it was fun for us it was actually a bit naughty I'm sure most of those reds were pve guys being that it's a red campaign. There were too many reds to mention but 8 of us locked em out for hours
    Jungleim
    Stamblade extrordinaire (for now)
    Mass Terror /elders of anarchy ps4 e.u
    Daggerfalls finest

Always looking for serious pvpers not afraid to mic up. See below
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/181697/massterror-ps4-eu-daggerfall-are-recruiting#latest
  • dantheman1972
    Ep has no more advantage of getting in the arena as anyone else. All factions have fast access to the arena from the ladders. The only advantage ep may have is LEAVING the area, as the arena sewer exit is close to the ep base. You can counter this by camping at the sewer exit to try to game for stones.

Hence, no advantage to anyone. Just another exploit, that all factions use. I imagine it will be fixed but creates an interesting dynamic for the mean time.
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go to Azura's Star. AD does the exact same thing as you're explaining. I love sneaking in there with 3 others and ruining it for them. I don't even bother to kill the bosses in the arena. I just put netflix on my other monitor and watch tv while keeping AD's buff server out of their grind. Just be careful if they have a sorc. They can cancel your caltrops with a negate if you aren't paying attention.
  • B_EAZY_TRAP_GOD
    I'm not saying that its only ep doing it, what im saying is that the ep in my campaign knew about the exploit immediately as soon as the dlc dropped which means it must have been an existing problem in the computer or the pts that wasn't fixed prior to the xb1 launch. I think its unfair for any one to do that and to the person who said that i wouldnt be saying that if i was in the arena you're wrong because with your guys help i finally figured out how to counter act that by remaining out of combat and using caltrops and i didnt put caltrops at the door to exploit it myself. Unlike most ppl in the game i dont farm things and exploit stuff i just play the game and have fun. To me sitting in an arena killing the same 4 bosses a million times with little chance of being confronted by other players isnt fun. Unfortunately most ppl don't share this view which results in ppl gaining an advantage over other players by being able to get the best stuff by farming, but thats all cool cuz while theyre mindlessly farming things for hours on end i will be enjoying the game regardless of my disadvantages. That's all cool because we can all play the game however we want, but its things like taking advantage of a flawed system in order to keep other players from experiencing content that they paid for thats irritating and shouldn't be allowed to continue.
  • B_EAZY_TRAP_GOD
    And dantheman we're talking about the center of the arena not the actual district itself
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    True, however, you play in a buff campaign. 90% of players in buff campaigns don't even know the first thing when it comes to PvP. All they know is they need tel var stones for their new sets and they're tired of dying to players so they have to exploit a broken mechanic to get the "safe" stones. That's why I enjoy singlehandedly keeping 60 AD out of their own arena.
  • B_EAZY_TRAP_GOD
    Im ad and its an ep run server so i do what u do, its no fun playing a campaign with no competition
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, that's why I play in an AD buff server. There's always someone to kill. However, you have to learn to deal with the zergs and arena exploits until it gets fixed. Usually when it turns to an all out zergfest I just go down into my own sewers and farm some stones or just go outside to cyrodiil.