The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Imperial NB worth it?

ZeFeZ
ZeFeZ
Do you reckon that race works well with a Magica NB?
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    There's probably better but do what you like man.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible with the right gear and a few CPs to make up for your cost reduction and regen, but I'd always choose Breton for Magicka NB as a personal preference.
  • Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    You can make any class with any race, if you want to do it and it works..... But if you want to min/max, and make a very solid magicka build... Try high elf or Breton, even dark elf if you wanna go to vampire, imperials makes very good stamina night blades, the thing is that your build will no get benefit from the imperial passives
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can definitely make it work, you're still going to be wanting to block and dodge so the extra health and stam from the racials should allow you enough space to invest everything else into magicka
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeFeZ wrote: »

Imperial is one of the most balanced races in the game you can easily go magicka or stamina I know I've played both for NB
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to look at imperial is they have 20% more stamina and 10% more magicka. The health bonus allows you to reach that stat cap easier and put the rest where you need it.
  • Gamertaglemieux
    Gamertaglemieux
    ✭✭✭

@ZeFeZ

That's what character I'm using and I enjoy it a lot.

Well . . . when I am not Error Code 303 and able play the game.
    Queen Ayrenn build that wall around Summerset.

Make Shimmerene great again!
  • Corzz
    Corzz
    ✭✭✭
    Ofc you can Imperial can do any build health will always be needed and so will stamina
    DC

EU PC

Astrum
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried rebuilding my Imperial stam DK into magicka 2 days ago. Crafted 5 pc seducer for the 8% cost reduction, 4pc magnus, reassigned attributes into all magicka (you can get away with that easier thanks to Imperial's max health passive), reassigned all my CPs into magicka regen, cost reduction, elemental damage.
    It hit hard, survivability was good, but my magicka sustain was terrible. I was in a 2v1, killed the first guy while still having 97% health, but I was completely out of magicka and pot was on cd. I was rodge dolling the DKs wrecking blows until I was out of stamina as well. At that point he started spamming talons and wrecking blow'd me some more. I was down to 35% health with still no resources (playing defensively at this point - going through what magicka I had left for shields). Fortunately a friend while riding past and helped me out.
    So, with the Imperial, I was able to roll dodge and block more, and I survived a bit longer thanks to the max health. While I was out of resources I was using some melee hits to proc red diamond as well. However, magicka control wasn't as good.
    After a few similar fights I reskilled for stamina. Controlling my resources as an Imperial stam dk is definitely easier.

Having said that, Imperial NB might be better. You have Siphoning strikes and other abilities to regain magicka easier than DK, so you'll probably have a better time.
    Racial passives aren't to the point where they force you to play a certain build thankfully, but I can honestly say they definitely help, a lot.
  • kuscoe
    kuscoe
    ✭✭✭

Everyone keeps saying yes but the answer is no

If you want to play a magicka based nightblade you need a class with magicka benefits for example Breton, High Elf, or Dark Elf

Edit: the difference between a say breton and a imperial is about 10k max magicka which is significant
    Edited by kuscoe on October 1, 2015 9:10AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuscoe wrote: »

If you want to play a magicka based nightblade you need a class with magicka benefits for example Breton, High Elf, or Dark Elf

To be fair, I didn't say yes. I said you can, but it sucks.
  • Dylanlucas
    Dylanlucas
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

To be fair, I didn't say yes. I said you can, but it sucks.

What a load of crap.

Maybe the passives play a small role in the whole picture but i can point out some min maxers that are horrible players and lay mnore dead on the floor rather than dps-ing so its not only about race.

If you want to go Imperial just go Imperial simple.

PSN: malos1979
    VR16 - Magicka DPS Templar - RETIRED

VR16 - DK Firemage - RETIRED

World First PS4 - VDSA, Hel Ra
    EU First PS4 - Sanctum Ophidia
  • 13igTyme
    13igTyme
    ✭✭✭

Edit: the difference between a say breton and a imperial is about 10k max magicka which is significant

10K? it's a 10% magicka bonus. Unless your rocking 100k magicka it's not going to be 10k.
    PS4 | NA | l3igTyme

Thinking about coming back to play...
  • Stranglehands
    Stranglehands
    ✭✭✭✭
    Racial and (most) mundus stone effects are tiny, and will probably be swamped by random chance, fat fingering the keys or server lag etc. Just go with what you think looks cool. That's why I don't fret about playing an argonian
    .kcoR gnillaF si noitadnuoF esohw ETIYREP oT
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes its definitely worth it. My Imperial is a magicka DK. She hits like a truck and I have just over 19000 health so I use drinks for regen and the Atronach stone.

The NB would be even better with the magicka flood passive that adds 8% magicka for having siphoning ability slotted. You could roll with around 38000 magicka and still have a decent amount of health and stamina.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault