Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rewards for the Worthy Crafter!

UltimaJoe777
UltimaJoe777
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I think that maxing out Blacksmithing, Clothing, and/or Woodworking should allow that character to research the Intricate and Ornate traits. By being able to craft Intricate items they can help other players raise their crafting faster, thus promoting both crafting community interaction as well as potential marketing, especially since it would double up with the fact another character made it. Ornate helps reward the crafter themself by adding extra NPC sale value thus allowing the crafter to turn a quick and easy buck. As for the material needed to make these... I am sure Zenimax will think of something :p Keep in mind the traits would still have to be researched the usual way but for the sake of argument let's say it takes a week and has no influence on the other 9 traits whatsoever.
Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Or at least the ability to repair items that you have the craft maxed in....

..... come on a NPC grocery store clerk can repair items my Master Crafter can't?
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • psychojudge
    psychojudge
    ✭✭✭
    Tallowby wrote: »
    Or at least the ability to repair items that you have the craft maxed in....

..... come on a NPC grocery store clerk can repair items my Master Crafter can't?

I would like that.
    And maybe repair other players there items etc if youre maxed in the craft.
  • Armenua
    Armenua
    ✭✭✭
    That would be nice, but it's a money sink, like the exorbitant prices to expand inventory and bank slots.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like these ideas. I think there would have to be a material cost to repair, but it would be really nice to be able to repair your own items on the go the same as with repair kits. It's nice you get them in the crafting writ rewards, but it does seem like a reasonable perk for a master crafter. If they wanted to make it more rare having to know all the possible traits could be a way to do that, seeing as those take a lot of time.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    I really like these ideas. I think there would have to be a material cost to repair, but it would be really nice to be able to repair your own items on the go the same as with repair kits. It's nice you get them in the crafting writ rewards, but it does seem like a reasonable perk for a master crafter. If they wanted to make it more rare having to know all the possible traits could be a way to do that, seeing as those take a lot of time.

If we were able to repair stuff ourselves though the kits would become useless.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The kits are already pretty much useless. I find that it's just easier to sell off whatever I'm not deconstructing, and have the merchant fix my armor at the same time. Granted, I'll remain peeved until ESO sees fit to allow the very characters who crafted the weapons and armor FROM RAW MATERIALS, to fix the very same armor when it gets all dinged up.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭

only to someone who was a master crafter. anyone who wasn't would still need to either repair at a merchant or use a kit. Since dyed, or special sets are bound a master crafter would not be fixing other people's armor for them the same way as their own.

If you mean it would be useless to include them in writ rewards, not while you're still leveling the craft, and if they were after, then perhaps you could give them to friends/group members who aren't crafters, it would encourage helping others.

The repair kits are mainly just useful if I'm far from town/in a dungeon and find I'm getting extra squishy because my armor is deteriorating, otherwise I just do it at the merchant as well, but it would still be a very nice, not to mention completely sensible, perk for a master crafter to be able to do it themselves.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on October 2, 2015 11:12PM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually I thought it would be nice for those of us who are max level crafters to be able to change the trait on a particular piece of armor, perhaps as a one time only. How many of us have received a nice piece of set gear with the "Well-Fitted", or "Exploration" traits :) Really, crafting needs some love beyond the boring writs they have us do now.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

The kits are already pretty much useless. I find that it's just easier to sell off whatever I'm not deconstructing, and have the merchant fix my armor at the same time. Granted, I'll remain peeved until ESO sees fit to allow the very characters who crafted the weapons and armor FROM RAW MATERIALS, to fix the very same armor when it gets all dinged up.

I mean as far as their purpose goes lol I don't really use them myself either.
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way to deal with this is have Master Crafters be able to craft repair kits from wood, metal, cloth and leather, and using a single green temper for a single-slot repair kit, or more materials and two blue tempers for an all-location repair kit.

I would also like to see a suitably expensive Master Crafter Trait-Recrafting ability that uses purple tempers and appropriate materials to allow a trait change on items.

And my third suggestion - allow crafters to make costumes...