Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Most efficient way to get veteran gear

Groggolo
Groggolo
✭✭
Hi All,
I recently reached vet rank 1.
So far I paid very little efforts in getting good gear because of the relatively high turnover during leveling.

Yet now the things are slower I would like to invest time/resources to get some good sets.

What are the most efficient ways outside crafting (atm don't want to invest in that due to time constraints).
- Buying from vendors
- Buying from other players
- Farming (are there specific locations for each set?)
- Other?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Grog
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would say buy a 5pc set from players, and a 2pc weapon set if you're using dual wield or sword/shield. Then do group dungeons to get the 2pc monster sets (head/shoulders).

If you're really wanting to look ahead then I would say to save all of your gold keys until v16, and instead use blue keys to try to get your shoulders since they now drop from blue chests.

Unless you're grinding or something to get to v16 quickly, then I wouldn't even bother and probably just upgrade at v1, v10, v16.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drop sets are different than crafted sets, so it depends on what you want. Don't buy from in-game vendors; guild stores have better stuff and often have dropped pieces for sale. Your guild bank(s), assuming you are in some, may have pieces you can use as well to complete a dropped set.

If you want crafted sets, if you are in a guild, there should be players around who can craft the set you want. No guild? If you are on PC NA, send me a message in game and I can probably do it for you in exchange for mats or cost of mats. @Brookus
    Edited by NBrookus on September 30, 2015 3:55PM
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    If you're not going to craft them yourself you should just buy the things you need through a guild bank or from a guild trader. This would be the most efficient way as it will save you time in farming & waiting for a certain item to drop
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on the XBox One, Aldmeri Dominion, drop me a line at "Violynne B". You supply the raw mats and I can craft VR1 gear for you. I can even assist helping you get them. I'm currently doing an alchemy mat run so I wouldn't mind meeting up.

No charge, by the way. I'll even supply whatever traits you want for each piece. :)

I'm usually online at 6pm EST.
    Edited by Violynne on October 1, 2015 12:43AM
  • Groggolo
    Groggolo
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll go with player crafted and later I will try to put my hands on some dropped sets.
    Brokus, Violynne thanks for your offers, unfortunately I am on Ps4 EU.
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Groggolo wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll go with player crafted and later I will try to put my hands on some dropped sets.
    Brokus, Violynne thanks for your offers, unfortunately I am on Ps4 EU.

Player crafted armour sets is almost exactly the same as a majority of dropped sets, in fact better because you can choose the trait on crafted sets whereas dropped sets either don't have traits or have a fixed trait. The only time you need to really worry about armour that isn't crafted is after VR14 when you start getting the "endgame" sets.
    Edited by Belidos on October 1, 2015 7:55AM