The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

All Gear - Eventually go to Max Level?

SneaK
SneaK
✭✭✭✭✭
What do you all think, will that happen? When?

V16 Footmans/Stormknight........

I don't see why not.

"IMO"
Aldmeri Dominion
Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
(+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    There are quite a few dropped sets that could provide some interesting build options for sure.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirJesto wrote: »
    There are quite a few dropped sets that could provide some interesting build options for sure.

Yea, that's the thing. If they updated these drops to scale up all the way, all that would do is add more options for everyone. I kind of get that in not doing so they are trying to intrigue people into buying the DLC to get the best gear, but it's all available via guild stores anyway.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    would be good, but I think they are trying to simplify. Sadly.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    I was just thinking about it and what I think would be cool would be to be able to increase an items max level (up to current cap of course) by spending a crap ton of materials. Solike having VR16 stuff take 10x as many mats to make than VR15 have like 10x the material it would normally take to make a similar item to raise it by a level. Or something like that anyways.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    So to raise your VR14 Footmans greaves to VR15 would take like 120 voidstone ore and maybe some other temper as well. Then to raise it to VR16 it would take 120 of the new ore etc.
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love if there was a way to learn item sets through researching gear or something like that. There's a lot of interesting sets on the way to max level.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love if there was a way to learn item sets through researching gear or something like that. There's a lot of interesting sets on the way to max level.

Like researching a Helm of the Viper and then being able to make a Helm of the Viper at your current level of mastery in a craft. Nice.
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly ZOS needs to add 2 things to make all of this possible.

1) A method to upgrade the level of any item. This can be a crafting skill, a vendor ability, require a rare item, etc. All that you need is the ability to upgrade any item from v14, to v15 and then again to v16.

2) A method to create jewelry. Again, this can be a crafting skill, a vendor ability, require a new resource, etc.

There, problem solved even if ZOS never updates old items to the new level cap.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭

1) A method to upgrade the level of any item. This can be a crafting skill, a vendor ability, require a rare item, etc. All that you need is the ability to upgrade any item from v14, to v15 and then again to v16.

2) A method to create jewelry. Again, this can be a crafting skill, a vendor ability, require a new resource, etc.

Yeah the jewelry crafting thing has been discussed since the start. Would be seriously cool.

Don't forget there are lot's of set items that aren't at v14 though. Would like to be able to increase the levels on ANY item regardless of it's level, not just from 14-15-16.
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirJesto wrote: »

Yeah the jewelry crafting thing has been discussed since the start. Would be seriously cool.

Don't forget there are lot's of set items that aren't at v14 though. Would like to be able to increase the levels on ANY item regardless of it's level, not just from 14-15-16.

Yeah, I just used v14-16 as an example.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been discussed several times... and yes, it is truly something we would need. Both jewelry crafting, and some way to have more sets at all levels...
    ...be it crafted; personally I would love it if they did away with the "every crafted set has a station for it in every faction", and made all the crafting stations faction-specific, dividing some of the currently "dropped only" sets up among them; with cadwells every character can reach every crafting station in every region anyhow...
    ...or with some level-upgrading function - could be done much like temper improvements, use resources with destruct chance, more resources to minimize that chance... if they really want to keep it "rare" they could also require some super-rare "transformative agent" that's as "easy" to get as, say, nirncrux or perfect roe... and then sell that stuff in the crown store too for those with more money then patience...
    ...or both, for that matter...

And while we're at it, also some way to reforge/resew/recarve items to change their appereance style for appereance customization...