Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Psijic Ambrosia Fragment..Keep it?

Kholty22
Kholty22
✭✭✭
I have been a lvl 50 provisioner for quite some time now. Never did any writs due to the first one I grabbed I didn't have the recipe and was lazy to try and find or purchase them. So I focused on my other crafts.

Anywho, I did my first writ the other day and got fragment #5. I've been doing some reading and it seems like you could make a decent profit if you can get all 7 pieces and begin to make the xp potions. But the time it takes and the luck that's needed to get all 7 pieces is crazy. Plus having to get perfect roe. Which sounds like a 1% chance out of however many fish.

So my question is...Should I just say forget about it or keep on with the grind for the elusive fragments and roe? Also, for information purposes..What do these fragments run for in guild stores? or can you even sell them?

Best Answers

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can sell them, but they are hard for people to find since these are a "trophy" and there is no 'trophy' selection.

If you do the provisioning writs every day the chances of getting those fragments is decent. Don't expect one every day, but I bet in a month or so you'd have all the fragments you need - you only need 7. As well, if you get duplicates there are probably people willing to trade you for one you need.

Perfect roe is a bit hard to come by but if you are after that master fisher title you'll probably get quite a few. One thing to keep in mind is that if you do go ahead and get the whole recipe, make sure you have all points into the passive that makes 3 extra drinks. That way, for 1 perfect roe - you will actually make 4 drinks ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Answer ✓
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Don't expect one every day, but I bet in a month or so you'd have all the fragments you need - you only need 7.
    Been doing daily writs since the ambrosia was released. One (!) fragment so far. RNG hates me ...
    sad.gif

Ouch @SirAndy . Maybe my sacrifices to the RNG gods were more suffice than yours? That's terrible to hear for both of you. :(@lordrichter have you looked for anyone to trade with so you actually have 5 different ones? I may be able to help you out with that. Yeah, the fragments are a hard sell due to people not being able to find them.

@Kholty22 Yes doing max level writs (maxed provisioning on a VR character so your writs will be in Craglorn) do have a much better chance of producing fragments. Of course, sometimes RNG is not in your favor as you can see by the other couple posts here. From what I have seen the provisioning writ seems to be most profitable, whether you get a fragment or not. Ingredients are easy to come by, and once you get to max level you only need to worry about a few recipes ever coming up for it. I personally just make full stacks every once in awhile so no need to stop at a cooking fire in between. Of course while levelling you can do that as well, just maybe not full stacks since when you go up a writ level the recipes change. This is also subject to how you play... I'm a hoarder and keep all my ingredients.. so I never need to buy any therefore making it super cheap.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Answer ✓
  • Heathenpride
    Heathenpride
    ✭✭✭
    I have done every writ since release of the pots and have gotten 2, the odds aren't huge but just keep hanging in there and they DO drop.

Regarding the frag prices: on PS4 they go from around 70-80k and up to 100k and they do sell, just search by highest price and there they will be up near the top.

Failing that go to Riften crafting and bank area, open up area chat and say "recipe frags for sale or trade" and you will move them easy or be able to trade them.

That's PS4 NA server, can't speak for any others.
    Looking for a good NA PS4 guild that offers a bit of everything? New to the game and lost? Need some guidance and help?
    Look no further, Ebonheart Guild of Shadow has been here since launch and we got you!
    PSN message Heathenpride for an invite.
    Answer ✓
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trophies...

No wonder I never see them. Thanks for the info @MissBizz !
  • Kholty22
    Kholty22
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks MissBizz for the input. Looks like I'll be keeping it and doing my writs daily. Another question..I did that writ at 6/9 I think it is..not sure but whatever vet1 recipes' are. Is it that much less of a chance to get a fragment at that level rather than having it maxed? I know your chances are increased and I probably got super lucky on getting one since it was my first writ. I just don't have too many recipes that are higher than where i'm at right now.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't expect one every day, but I bet in a month or so you'd have all the fragments you need - you only need 7.
    Been doing daily writs since the ambrosia was released. One (!) fragment so far. RNG hates me ...
    sad.gif
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do the provisioning writs every day the chances of getting those fragments is decent. Don't expect one every day, but I bet in a month or so you'd have all the fragments you need - you only need 7. As well, if you get duplicates there are probably people willing to trade you for one you need.

I would take you up on your bet, but that would be unfair since you would have already lost. :smile: I have received a total of 5 (five) across two characters (max provisioning) doing daily writs for "a month or so". I have a 'VII', a 'VI', and three (3) 'I' fragments for my weeks of effort. I figure my drop rate is on the order of 1 fragment for every 10 writs. So, once a week across both characters.

The fragments do not sell, likely because no one can find them. I see a lot of them for sale, not many in the sale history.

Were it not for the bug in the Provisioning Writs where it always gives you the same items to create, I would have probably stopped doing them because of the need to scrounge up too many different ingredients. It just so happens that the writs are stuck on recipes favorable to my current supply. As soon as I run out, this experiment comes to a conclusion. If I cannot sell the fragments, I will delete or vendor them for 13g each to clear out bank space.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • CadenceRowan
    CadenceRowan
    ✭✭✭
    I too have been doing daily writs since ambrosia was released, and just got my first fragment the other day. I haven't even worried about finding perfect roe yet.

However, since I intend to keep doing writs, I plan to keep whatever fragments I happen to get, and hope that I will eventually have them all.

• Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sad.gif

I did writs since day one, on two provisioners. Did about 80+ writs before I got my first fragment, then I got 5 in one week, then never again. The drop rate for some people is horrendous. For me its about 1 fragment per 30 writs.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is 102 days past release. The odds of getting a fragment are between 1 in 50 and 1 in 100, in Craglorn, IMO. That means that about 75% of the players who have been doing provisioning writs with one character at max level have at least one fragment. I'm also being quite conservative and assuming my experience is abnormal.
    I did writs since day one, on two provisioners. Did about 80+ writs before I got my first fragment, then I got 5 in one week, then never again. The drop rate for some people is horrendous. For me its about 1 fragment per 30 writs.

Mine is actually 1 in 32 based on current mean value but I had a weird point after the first two dropped where I got four in a fortnight, that was three weeks ago so I expect I will be fragment free well past christmas ;). Prior to that week It was about 1 in 37. So maybe my first paragraph is wrong and it's actually about 1 in 35 for RI6 writs done in Craglorn. I really need to upgrade one of the RI4's so that I can analyze the odds for RI5 in Coldharbour....
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • dss
    dss
    Join a guild or two and ask in guild chat who needs them. Or ask the guild leader to post a message for you. Somebody is looking for those fragments.
  • Tommy1979AtWar
    Tommy1979AtWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is 102 days past release. The odds of getting a fragment are between 1 in 50 and 1 in 100, in Craglorn, IMO. That means that about 75% of the players who have been doing provisioning writs with one character at max level have at least one fragment. I'm also being quite conservative and assuming my experience is abnormal.

Mine is actually 1 in 32 based on current mean value but I had a weird point after the first two dropped where I got four in a fortnight, that was three weeks ago so I expect I will be fragment free well past christmas ;). Prior to that week It was about 1 in 37. So maybe my first paragraph is wrong and it's actually about 1 in 35 for RI6 writs done in Craglorn. I really need to upgrade one of the RI4's so that I can analyze the odds for RI5 in Coldharbour....

Exactly the same situation here, I got four within a fortnight three weeks ago and have had nothing since.
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭
    sad.gif

You think rng hates YOU try doing the writs every day , having the writ achievement for weeks now and never even seen one piece of the recipe .
  • PainGod
    PainGod
    If you guys are having a hard time finding them, i know there are 2 for $al3 at a certain trader. I believe its #1 and #3 can remember which ones. I did see it this morning on the Trails and Tribulation guild trader in Ebonheart. Price is not bad considering. PS4 though.
  • Forsakiin
    Forsakiin
    ✭✭✭
    When you eventually collect all the fragments, will you be willing to additionally grind for, or spend gold on perfect roe, bervez juice and frost mirriam? Are these measly xp potions really a fair representation of this work? These are the things I thought to myself whenever I got my first ambrosia fragment, and my advice to you would be to sell them and make a quick buck like I did/do. Long gone are the days where psijic ambrosia is the rare new shiny toy, everyone and their daughter sells these bad boys nowadays. If you want to jump into this market as well and join the queue of constant price cutting with the other 2473097 people in order to sell them then be my guest. I've had 3 fragments from writs so far and have made a 250k profit from selling them. How much work and effort would I have to put in to make that much from creating and selling psijic ambrosia? Who knows.
  • PainGod
    PainGod
    Sorry in Belkarth for 165,000 at Nelvon.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forsakiin wrote: »
    How much work and effort would I have to put in to make that much from creating and selling psijic ambrosia?

The point that I think you are trying to make is that getting the ingredients while casually playing is fun, but if you have to spend most of your time on it then it's work, correct? I already work, which paid for the game, I have no reason to continue to work inside the game as well :). Who wants to work in a game? That being said I do spend an hour and a half, in game, feeding my Writ Obsession :D.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Forsakiin
    Forsakiin
    ✭✭✭
    How much work and effort would I have to put in to make that much from creating and selling psijic ambrosia?

The point that I think you are trying to make is that getting the ingredients while casually playing is fun, but if you have to spend most of your time on it then it's work, correct? I already work, which paid for the game, I have no reason to continue to work inside the game as well :). Who wants to work in a game? That being said I do spend an hour and a half, in game, feeding my Writ Obsession :D.

Yep that's what I'm saying. If you finally get the psijic ambrosia recipe then you'll need to be in it for the long haul in terms of continuously farming for perfect roe, bervez juice and frost mirriam in order to receive profit from it. Personally this is time I would rather be spending in dungeons or in IC, but I do know that people enjoy farming for mats. My advice is that it is not worth it.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep that's what I'm saying. If you finally get the psijic ambrosia recipe then you'll need to be in it for the long haul in terms of continuously farming for perfect roe, bervez juice and frost mirriam in order to receive profit from it. Personally this is time I would rather be spending in dungeons or in IC, but I do know that people enjoy farming for mats. My advice is that it is not worth it.

LOL Oh I already agree. I already have the recipe but getting the recipe as a high level Vet makes it pointless for the most part ;)

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know how to find fragments for sale that I need in guild stores. I just don't have the gold to cough up to buy every single one.

If you have extras, don't vendor trash them for nothing; offer them for sale for half the going rate and they'll be gone in a flash.