The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Burning Embers (searing strike)

Scora
Scora
✭✭
Hi all i am planning on creating a magicka DK and im wondering about this skill and it's morph. Is it any skill i'lluse on trashmobs or will it only be on bosses and such, seeing as i'll be spamming Flame Lash most of the time ^_^
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good DoT and the heal from it can be applied endlessly, so, if you're in PvP keep stacking the DoT before the heal runs out and when the heal runs out it's very strong. In PvE it's still a good DoT, but the heal is too varied to have much effect. Burning Embers and Engulfing Flames should definitely both be used if you're doing DK DPS, for Tanking, I'd just use Burning.
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely "for boss" skill, as i has powerfull Dot and heal in the end. So it rises sustain and makes heal easier. And you don't need such things on trashmobs.
  • Scora
    Scora
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the answers. guess i'll save that skill for tougher mobs then :) implanning to use engulfing flames, burning talons, flame lash, sea of flames as my main dps abilities :)