The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healing ward is bugged for battle leveled peons

ZtruK
ZtruK
After coming back to the game for a while I was trying to PvP on my lowly V3 with 9000 health. It wasn't going so well since I was being one shot by almost everything. My buddy joined me and was V2 and had like 35K health. I realized that since I had quit back in olden day, I still had battle level turned off. Anyway, turning it on gave me much needed health and stam but now Healing Ward does absolutely nothing relative to my battle level'd stats. This is a pretty big problem for us peons. It seems to think that any health I have above 9K is not "missing" so I always get the base effect. Please zenimax, let things like Healing Ward scale based on Battle level'd stats and not our base stats. Thanks!
  • ZtruK
    ZtruK
    I guess i'm suppose to add these tags:

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could it be from the 50% global heal nerf in PvP?

Let a thread exhaust it's potential before you summon them otherwise they may get desensitize to the summon.
    Edited by Armitas on September 29, 2015 9:24PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • ZtruK
    ZtruK
    Armitas wrote: »
    Could it be from the 50% global heal nerf in PvP?

Let a thread exhaust it's potential before you summon them otherwise they may get desensitize to the summon.

Maybe that effects it but even if I have no health the shield is minuscule.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you have 35k HP and not many CPs the shield will of course appear minuscule in comparison to your health as it does not scale with HP. It scales with Max Magicka and Bastion and it is on the receiving end of the Battle Spirit 50% nerf.

With 35k max magicka and 100 points in bastion the shield is ~3.5k for me. So even if you had that, the shield would appear to be only 10% of your 35k HP bar.

That said, it still triples in value when on low health and can grow up to ~10k. And with some CPs into increased healing it can deliver 16-17k heal for me.

All the above values are for PvP ofc but like I said they are subject to 35k magicka and 100 CPs bastion + 30 CPs into increased healing.
    EU | PC | AD
  • ZtruK
    ZtruK
    If you have 35k HP and not many CPs the shield will of course appear minuscule in comparison to your health as it does not scale with HP. It scales with Max Magicka and Bastion and it is on the receiving end of the Battle Spirit 50% nerf.

With 35k max magicka and 100 points in bastion the shield is ~3.5k for me. So even if you had that, the shield would appear to be only 10% of your 35k HP bar.

That said, it still triples in value when on low health and can grow up to ~10k. And with some CPs into increased healing it can deliver 16-17k heal for me.

All the above values are for PvP ofc but like I said they are subject to 35k magicka and 100 CPs bastion + 30 CPs into increased healing.

Fair enough. I actually lose a ton of magica and about 50% of my magic regeneration by battle leveling. So that combined with the PvP nerf it just proves useless. Oh well, I guess it will still be ok if I somehow someday make the grind to VR16 (which is absolutely insane btw even post nerf). I've changed my spec around to use refreshing path and other hots for sustain and am enjoying it so far.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Healing Ward scales off of Health, not Magicka if I recall correctly. His assumptions I think are correct but I don't think lowbies running around with 35K health should be given an insane boost to healing Ward as well as they're already hard enough to kill with that many hitpoints.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • ZtruK
    ZtruK
    Ezareth wrote: »

Healing Ward scales off of Health, not Magicka if I recall correctly. His assumptions I think are correct but I don't think lowbies running around with 35K health should be given an insane boost to healing Ward as well as they're already hard enough to kill with that many hitpoints.

We are hard to kill but can't kill anything other than other lowbies. a VR16 is a huge bossfight to our band of losers. We can take one down but it's a huge pain in the ass. Why in god's name isn't the VR system scrapped yet? It's the worst thing ever. All we want to do is PvP but have this endless grind to deal with. They say they want to get rid of it yet add new ones each patch.. bleh. All of us love the game an gameplay but this grind... it might beat us.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Healing Ward scales off of Health, not Magicka if I recall correctly.

No, that's definitely not the case. Simple test, put Magelight on your bar and check your Heal Ward tooltip before and after you activate it.

Both the value of the instant heal and the shield value go up as your magicka increases and in this test magicka is the only thing that increases.

What could be throwing you off is that you get more healing done on tanks with more HP but that's mostly down to Heavy Armor passives for increased healing received plus their CP allocation.

ALL restoration staff abilities scale with magicka and magicka only. HP and spell damage are of 0 value, hence it's always worth to stack a lot of max magicka as a Sorc. I've been told Templar heals are scaling off spell damage too, but I haven't tested that yet only going off what my friends tell me.
    EU | PC | AD
  • ZtruK
    ZtruK
    Ok so it seems Ward sucks because of how battle level forces your hand with stat point allocation. Maybe if they let people allocate their own battle leveled points it would resolve it. It's kind of sad that I loose a bunch of magica and 50% magic regen by battle leveling.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you'll be fine w/o healing ward as a battle-leveled character.