The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Max stat vs spell/weapon power mundus?

zornyan
zornyan
✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious as to what's a better setup for dps, either mage or apprentice for max magicka vs spell power.

As obviously magika adds total damage as well, anyone know the calculation for magika-dps as opposed to spell power? Anyone have any hard data to see what's better?
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    Just curious as to what's a better setup for dps, either mage or apprentice for max magicka vs spell power.

As obviously magika adds total damage as well, anyone know the calculation for magika-dps as opposed to spell power? Anyone have any hard data to see what's better?

The best way to decide would be to check your tooltip damage with each mundus.

My experience tells me that apprentice will provide a slightly higher tooltip, but I dont know for certain.
    Options
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea, just checked and my dawns wrath had 6001 with apprentice and 5949 with mage. Although the extra 1700 magika (or there abouts) seems far more useful as that's essentially a free spell in combat.
    Options
  • Kuratius
    Kuratius
    ✭✭✭
    There are actually cases where the mage is always better than the apprentice due to ridiculous amounts of % max magicka bonuses.
    Options
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kuratius wrote: »
    There are actually cases where the mage is always better than the apprentice due to ridiculous amounts of % max magicka bonuses.

you can buff spelldmg a lot better than max magicka
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In case of sorc: hardened ward scales with max magicka but not with spell damage.
    Options
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's just between these two, then Apprentice. If others are an option, check out the Shadow.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
    Options
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daveheart wrote: »
    If it's just between these two, then Apprentice. If others are an option, check out the Shadow.

Had shadow previously but I've hit 52% crit without it so decided to go for a different stone.

Although twice born star is on my list for a crafted set soon, just gotta do 3 more 9th traits to get there!
    Options
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guildmate of mine did the math:

-At v14 with all Divines on small armor pieces, Tower gave about 1300 more stamina or so
    -At v14 with all Divines on small armor pieces, Warrior gave about 170 more weapon damage.

He hasn't done the math post 2.1 but I imagine the same would still apply.
    Options