The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Question about switching home campaign at the end of the campaign

HeathenDeacon
HeathenDeacon
✭✭✭
So, I know it used to cost 15000 AP to switch home campaigns, and from what i heard today they have upped that to 150,000 AP now, correct?

My questiion though isn't about switching in teh middle of the campaign, but at the end of the campaign.
I thought i've read that switching at the end of a camapaign used to only cost 300, and now is only 100AP.

First of all, is all of tht information correct, and more importantly when is the actual 'window' for the end of the camapaign that allows me to switch at this greatly reduced cost? --and how do i do it?
thanks for any explanation, i've not been able to figure this out and i really want to try some of the less populated campaigns with the new dlc out, but i can't afford the huge mid-campaign fees.
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone?
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have the option to "change now" or "change at end of campaign" when you choose to change the home campaign. The first end-of-home-campaign change you do is free.
    Halcyon Black
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    You have the option to "change now" or "change at end of campaign" when you choose to change the home campaign. The first end-of-home-campaign change you do is free.

ok, thanks.
    so if i choose "change @ end of campaign it will only be 100 gold after the first free one?
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cost of change afterwards is in alliance points, not gold. Not sure about the amount for each end-of-campaign change, though. Someone else could perhaps chime in with the correct numbers?
    Halcyon Black
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    What if I want to simply end my PvP campaign association altogether? That is to say I do not want to transfer to another campaign but rather choose none of the above. I want my campaign selection to be deliberate and not automatic.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean, having no campaign as home? That is impossible, if home is once chosen we all have to either keep that choice or change it, we cannot remove it. It would be better to choose guest campaign first and try all campaigns as guest before deciding on a home campaign. Campapign selection is not automatic, nor has it ever been.
    Edited by Master_Fluff on September 25, 2015 8:08AM
    Halcyon Black
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 Changing Campaign from my experience.

When I want to change the campaign while it has days remaining, I do the following.
    I try to join another campaign.
    If the game says your current campaign is locked for X amount of time because you've recently entered the campaign, you have to wait until the cool down time, which is displayed, to change campaigns. I wait and return later.
    When I return, I select and join another campaign.
    Set as Home or Guest, whichever one you were changing in the beginning.
    Game does not charge you immediately. I used to hesitate because that big 15,000 was displayed, and then cringe when I select it.
    Next screen the Game prompts to do this now or later. I always choose Later and haven't been charged anything.
    If you choose now, that's when it costs you money.
    After the current campaign ends, I am automatically changed to the campaign I had chosen.
    When I first started, my home was in Rislav, and then Juilek, and then Chillrend, and now Azura Star. Never paid for any of the changes. I've bounced around different guest campaigns as well.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing