Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a way to delete learned provisioning recipes?

Nichordius
Nichordius
✭✭
Or an addon?
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone has to ask it, WHY?
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a case of having issues finding the recipe that you're looking for? If so, you can choose to sort by "Have Ingredients," and, "Have Skills." If that is still not working, try only having the ingredients on you for the recipes that your interested in crafting.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • RooBeeO
    RooBeeO
    ✭✭
    PS4 here and I would love to get rid of 90% of them. Even having stacks of 200 for each food type, I only use a few of them.

• JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭

BigM wrote: »

I would like to know too . If they bother you just sell them for the 9g you get for them off the vendor . Personally I bank them then withdraw them with an alt.
  • Nichordius
    Nichordius
    ✭✭
    It's nothing serious, just wondering, and maybe prodding modders.

I used to learn every recipe so that I could take an ingredient and have one ready. Now, I want to uncheck the boxes, and see the recipes that I like.
    Edited by Nichordius on September 29, 2015 4:42PM
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Having more sort options for the consoles would be a grand idea.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How to unlearn recipes: DELETE character.

Sorry, sounds harsh but that's the only option. If you are on PC, ESO Master Recipe List is a good add-on to manage recipes.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • timparr
    timparr
    Soul Shriven
    Or sous chef - you can favourite recipies in that.
  • LeoTheBatiamigo
    Unfortunately no is not possible.
    GamerRKO - PS4 - NA - EP
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭
    Can you delete things from your head irl? Nope.

Can't do it in-game either, with any learned recipe, motif, or trait. That would ruin the role-play.
  • Nichordius
    Nichordius
    ✭✭
    I appreciate your ability to come up with great ideas without much thought, but due to my expense, let me try... The list shows what your emotions show you.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »

Your not the only one.WHY???
  • Martype
    Martype
    Soul Shriven
    Cadelay wrote: »
    Can you delete things from your head irl? Nope.

Can't do it in-game either, with any learned recipe, motif, or trait. That would ruin the role-play.

So why is deleting skill and stat points ok then? In spite of that forgetting recipes absolutely is realistic and therefore totally makes sense from a role play perspective. Did you ever bake an elaborate cake? Maybe some time ago? Lets say 5 years. Quite hard to remember all ingridients and the steps to perform, huh?
    Or even a chef might say, that he or she doesn't want to cook some things anymore. Either because people don't buy some foods from the menu or maybe even because the chef now targets another audience and offers more vegetarian dishes and less meat.

As I said, the possibility to remove recipes from the list would totally make sense!

And I really want this feature since I accidentally learned a recipe on my absolutely non-crafting char! >:o[
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it would be nice to have the option to only view recipes that you craft often or those of a certain level. On console, anyway, you have to scroll through all the recipes you know to find the one you want to craft. But, I don't know why someone would want to delete the character's knowledge of a recipe.
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Martype wrote: »
    So why is deleting skill and stat points ok then? In spite of that forgetting recipes absolutely is realistic and therefore totally makes sense from a role play perspective.

Skill / stats points are limited per se, moving around those limited skill points is the only way to stop characters becoming too strong.
    The number of known motifs/receipts is not limited - being able to "unlearn" them would only make sense, if you had a low, hard limit in the numbers.