Maintenance for the week of November 18:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – November 18, 4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – November 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – November 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Current locking system for Imperial City is ridiculous (gated IC campagin)

B3N
B3N
✭✭✭
I'm playing the new campaign - Axe of Belharza - and I´m loving it because of the gated Imperial City. But there is a problem, which is really annoying. When a faction is locking the entrance for another faction, all players from the locked faction that are already in the city, will still be able to play in the city, because when they die, they simply release to the alliance base in the sewers.

The consequense is that all players who are already in the city, don´t care about their campaign status, because they never will be kicked out of the city. Thus the whole locking mechanism is obsolete in my opinion and takes the dynamic from the campaign. If a faction loses access to the city, it would be better if the players that die in the city are ported to one of the gates in Cyrodiil instead oft the alliance base in the sewers.
Edited by B3N on September 28, 2015 2:53PM
Guild: VANEN - www.vanen.info - EU / PC
Character: - Aiala - Templar
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B3N wrote: »
    I'm playing the new campaign - Axe of Belharza - and I´m loving it because of the gated Imperial City. But there is a problem, which is really annoying. When a faction is locking the entrance for another faction, all players from the locked faction that are already in the city, will still be able to play in the city, because when they die, they simply release to the alliance base in the sewers.

    The consequence is that all players who are already in the city, don´t care about their campaign status, because they never will be kicked out of the city. Thus the whole locking mechanism is obsolete in my opinion and takes the dynamic from the campaign. If a faction loses access tot he city, it would be better if the players that die in the city are ported to one of the gates in Cyrodiil instead oft the alliance base in the sewers.

    I agree. My guild have been discussing this since we started on Axe (Are you NA or EU btw?). The general consensus is if a faction has lost their gating, once they die they should be released back to their gates in Cyrodiil. Otherwise, as you say, they just stay in the city and keep farming making it pointless for other factions to take away their gating.
    @Nermy
    Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild on Vivec.] Recruitment is OPEN!
    Member of The Light Knights.
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

    Nerm'a - EP Nightblade, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

    “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton

    "“Fate whispers, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
    Wabbajack whispers back, 'We are the storm."
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    damn that sucks I thought they'd at least change it to if you die in IC when your faction is locked out you'd get port back to cyrodiil home base.
    Edited by azoriangaming on September 28, 2015 11:53AM
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? This is absurd! I was thinking of trying that campaign but with that rule its just useless. But wasnt it the reason the decided to not gate IC, their incapability to code just that issue? I dont know perhaps im paranoid.
  • B3N
    B3N
    ✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »
    I agree. My guild have been discussing this since we started on Axe (Are you NA or EU btw?).

    I'm playing on the EU server :smile:

    Edited by B3N on September 28, 2015 3:01PM
    Guild: VANEN - www.vanen.info - EU / PC
    Character: - Aiala - Templar
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B3N wrote: »
    Nermy wrote: »
    I agree. My guild have been discussing this since we started on Axe (Are you NA or EU btw?).

    I'm playing on the EU server :smile:

    Same... So we are both on the same campaign. :)
    @Nermy
    Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild on Vivec.] Recruitment is OPEN!
    Member of The Light Knights.
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

    Nerm'a - EP Nightblade, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

    “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton

    "“Fate whispers, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
    Wabbajack whispers back, 'We are the storm."
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought it was meant to be when you died if your side was locked you can't res there... @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌?
    NA ~ Izanerys (NB/Templar/Sorc): Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi (NB/Sorc): Zerg Squad / Banana Squad
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    Community Ambassador
    Let's be honest the entire gated thing is a failure because it wasn't there from the start and they don't plan to have all or even a majority of the campaigns gated.

    The PvE players who claimed this update for their own would be too upset if they paid for PvP content which meant they had to PvP. I'm really sad how badly this update has turned out for PvP, due to the fact materials were only available via IC and that it was stuff everyone needed they couldn't deliver the PvP content we were promised. I've been doing my best to stay positive over this game but honestly IC is killing it for me.

    I think there are a few threads now, including my own poll calling for ZOS to kill of some campaigns and break them down.

    Personally I feel PvP would benefit best from.

    Azura's Star - 30 day, everything worth 1 point, gated IC access.
    Thornblade II - 30 day, keeps only, gated IC access.
    Chillrend - 14 day, everything worth 1 point, unlocked IC access.
    Haderus - 7 day, resources only, unlocked IC access.

    Blackwater Blade - As is now.

    The changes made to the rules for campaigns and the ungated access were things I didn't see many people in the PvP community asking for, in fact the rules changes seemed to come out of no where. Considering that 30day campaigns have always been the big campaigns everyone enjoys I never understood ZOS' thinking in regards to changing Thornblade, wasn't this the biggest campaign on both EU and NA servers, yet it was killed over night with changes no one (that I know of) asked for.

    @ZOS_BrianWheeler please start communicating with the community more, or giving posts stating what you're working on or ideas you have to help PvP then let us post and bash it (and each other) to give you feedback you need. Please start working with PvP community and showing us some trust again, we're not all jerks.

    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    :: Unofficial Forums FAQ :: MissBizz ESO Guides :: AlcastHQ Guides :: Tamriel Foundry Forums :: UESP ESO Page :: ESO Sets :: Woeler Tank Guides :: ESO Community Discord ::
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a failure because ZOS wants to make $$$ instead of giving the core-players a game they would find epic. Imperial City was going to be there when the game launched, it wasn't ready so the production went on and with the Tamriel Unlimited update they decided to make it a DLC.

    I hope ZOS realizes that when another game comes around the corner the casuals just leave and the players that actually like ESO stay behind with a broken game.

    ^ This is based on the PvP community.
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    AoE Rats | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

    DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 33 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

    DC | AR 39 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    AD | AR 31 | Shaðow - Magicka Nightblade
    EP | AR 28 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

    EP | AR 39 | Hexyra - Stamina Warden

    1.7k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 300.000.000 Alliance Points!
    #01 2x Grand Overlord PC-EU
    #01 3x Grand Overlord Magicka Sorcerer WW
    #01 Grand Overlord on each faction PC-EU

    @Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, But it's fun to take your stones when you think your safe :)
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    http://www.exile-corp.com

    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another half ass implemented game mechanic. Good job ZOS.
  • lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't want to hurt the feelings of the current slate of PVP and PVE players. They don't want the characters to have to get out of the recliner and they don't want to inconvenience the players.

    Personally, I think that characters need to respawn outside Imperial City on all deaths within the borders of Cyrodiil. This should persist for as long as Tel Var stones are a PVP objective. If they ever decide to remove the Tel Var stone penalty upon death, people can respawn at the Alliance Base in the Imperial City sewers.
    PC North America since March 2014
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say NO to Crown Crates! You should be able to buy directly. Better yet, cosmetics should be in-game rewards!
    I collect free, unopened, virgin Crown Crates! 331, so far!

  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    B3N wrote: »
    I'm playing the new campaign - Axe of Belharza - and I´m loving it because of the gated Imperial City. But there is a problem, which is really annoying. When a faction is locking the entrance for another faction, all players from the locked faction that are already in the city, will still be able to play in the city, because when they die, they simply release to the alliance base in the sewers.

    The consequense is that all players who are already in the city, don´t care about their campaign status, because they never will be kicked out of the city. Thus the whole locking mechanism is obsolete in my opinion and takes the dynamic from the campaign. If a faction loses access to the city, it would be better if the players that die in the city are ported to one of the gates in Cyrodiil instead oft the alliance base in the sewers.

    Thats weird and make no sense, in Darkness Falls from Dark age of Camelot what have the same ruleset, when you died when the opposite faction locked DF you could play in the dungeon until you die, then you were removed ftom that dungeon.

    Not worth to get to the new campain this way.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also another problem with this, and i'm guilty of it also. I either leave my gank char inside or when i feel like its gonna get zerged i put my char inside the sewer then gank.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    http://www.exile-corp.com

    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /sign
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

    Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
Sign In or Register to comment.