Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet 1 - Vet 16 Grind Tips?

demustacio
Hello everyone,

I have just finally reached veteran rank 1 and i was wondering what's the fastest grind to reach veteran rank 16? I have tried a few grinding spots specifically the one in Cyrodiil but i conclude it was not just doing enough xp for me.

I am fairly new to the game and i play mainly PVP instead of PVE so I have less knowledge about this kind of stuff. Thus i need tips on reaching veteran rank 16 fast.

Thank you,
demustacio

PS: I play a magic NB for the AD
You won't see what hit you
  • Igglez
    Igglez
    ✭✭
    1-7 The rift is the best place, on the right hand side there are some worm cults who respawn within about a minute. But it can get very busy, sometimes too busy to actually grind here

7-14, 2 places are good. 1 is the zombies on and around the beach at Al'k Desert. Again - very quick respawns, but again, gets very busy here.
    2nd place is Bangkorai, near the top of the map, next to the wayshrine in the graveyard (theres a farm/wheat symbol). These mobs respawn at a normal rate but there is a ton of them. Some are ranged though, so its not as easy a grind as the worm cults or zombies. Pulling a lot of mobs can be tricky with the ranged ones, I basically pulled them all in and got quick kills on the melee ones with Soul Tether & steel tornado (which I guess is probaly impulse for you), and then marked up the ranged mobs for heals as I ambushed them.

14-16, possibly earlier, IC.

At good times, when i was alone or grouped with 1 person and it was quiet, I was getting a level every 1-2 hours. But at times it could take 3-4 if there was too many people hitting my pulls and getting in my way. If you can find 1 person to group with, you lose no exp and kill twice as fast.
  • demustacio
    Thank you :) i will try the spots that you mention. Oh and a question, are there alternative grinds for 14 - 16? as i have not own the DLC yet
    You won't see what hit you
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    demustacio wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I have just finally reached veteran rank 1 and i was wondering what's the fastest grind to reach veteran rank 16? I have tried a few grinding spots specifically the one in Cyrodiil but i conclude it was not just doing enough xp for me.

I am fairly new to the game and i play mainly PVP instead of PVE so I have less knowledge about this kind of stuff. Thus i need tips on reaching veteran rank 16 fast.

Thank you,
    demustacio

PS: I play a magic NB for the AD

Dont go to any of those spots, they were only good before the IC update and even then they were super crowded with idiots who couldn't figure out a pattern if their life depended on it.

Anyway, the best place to grind for levels is in the sewer's of Imperial City, its almost mandatory that you have one other person in the same party with you but no more than two. It took me about an hour a level (with a scroll). Much faster than Drueghs and the Rift, I know this because I have four vet 16 characters. The great part about the sewers is you can grind epic trophys and stones at the same time. Its best to choose a server that is populated more with your faction but you will still need to be careful as PVP players purposely target those areas from time to time. Remember: they may be able to take your stones but they will never take your experience.

Edited by KundaliniHero on September 25, 2015 9:37PM
  • Wimbuut
    they may be able to take your stones but they will never take your experience.

This seems like a very good movie quote, nice!
    Wimbuut VR10 - Nord Dragonknight
    Achievement Points: 5805
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally i would do cadwells silver and gold, only the main quests. Then move to Alik'r when around v3 (dominion) and grind zombies til my eyes bleed. However i'm thinking of grinding in the Sewers (IC) once i level my other nb to v1.
  • hydrotroop91
    I did the repeatable quests in Cyrodiil. Made good money too and got decent drops. I only do the 3 towns on the right. Cropsford, Bruma, and Chydenhal. The other two towns in the left take longer. But I got about 3/4s of a level to a level every day just from that alone.
  • Dexter411
    Dexter411
    ✭✭✭
    But what if someone does not have IC DLC?
    Quests in Cyrodiil are worth it? The repeatable and normal ones.
    On Vr10 i am getting killed in Cyrodiil while grinding in Cave, and i have another farming spot but it kinda sucks(DC character in Cadwell's gold).
    And how can i raise my Alliance War skill trees without PvP? If there is any way to do that?
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Ic sewers is probably your best bet. But I enjoy grinding/farming orsinium public dungeons. You get good xp and chance to farm rare motifs.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pick a quiet campaign, or one that is mostly always dominated by your alliance, and farm sewers. Good xp and can make a *** load of gold by spending your tv stones wisely ;D
  • Trihugger
    Trihugger
    ✭✭✭
    If I had to do it again what I would do is first get through Cadwell's silver and gold by doing just the main story/side quests really damn close to the main story as well as the delves/public dungeons for the skill points. Skill points are damn important. Also, if you plan to play the character at more than a one and done capacity, leveling skills and their trees with quest turn ins is by far the easiest method (gear/bar swaps with Wykkid on quest turn in).

After doing all of that, like others suggested your best bet is either the IC Sewers if you can get someone to go with you, or the Wrothgar public dungeons as those are extremely easy to solo but eye bleeding boring as there's no risk to your life from anything. For perspective, I can clear anything in those public dungeons with 100% broken gear. It's that sad.
  • MerkzM8
    MerkzM8
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil Daily Quests with XP Pots is the bomb. However you are restricted to a 24 hour cap on the amount of quests you can do, but you can easily get a vet rank per daily quest limit which is around 50 I believe.
    "What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trihugger wrote: »
    If I had to do it again what I would do is first get through Cadwell's silver and gold by doing just the main story/side quests really damn close to the main story as well as the delves/public dungeons for the skill points. Skill points are damn important. Also, if you plan to play the character at more than a one and done capacity, leveling skills and their trees with quest turn ins is by far the easiest method (gear/bar swaps with Wykkid on quest turn in).

After doing all of that, like others suggested your best bet is either the IC Sewers if you can get someone to go with you, or the Wrothgar public dungeons as those are extremely easy to solo but eye bleeding boring as there's no risk to your life from anything. For perspective, I can clear anything in those public dungeons with 100% broken gear. It's that sad.

Lol , you say that but I'm a stamina nightblade and I stand no chance in the public dungeons in wrothgar.
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Trihugger wrote: »

Lol , you say that but I'm a stamina nightblade and I stand no chance in the public dungeons in wrothgar.

All you need is hunding's, rally & steel tornado and every group of mobs in the Wrothgar public dungeons will melt before your eyes.

Seriously those dungeons are super easy.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion