The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you think ZOS should look at closing some campaigns?

Turelus
Turelus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Simple poll to try and get the feelings of the PvP community regarding the current numbers of campaigns.

The last update was meant to bring the end to buff campaigns, however we currently see one campaign for each faction (on EU campaigns) and finding fights on campaigns seems to be the choice of fighting an entire faction, or having no enemies at all.
Edited by Turelus on September 26, 2015 7:19AM
@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."

Do you think ZOS should look at closing some campaigns? 59 votes

Yes. Close some campaigns.
84%
sun.fire85b14_ESOSublimeMatteronIruil_ESOEtanielTurelusKurobarathemdogesbiteJitterbugArvendir_ChaosRedferWolfahmTheHugeDwarfAenlirDeanTheCatTaresgosFarorinaco5712Oswolf 50 votes
No. The current number is fine.
10%
Gilvothdcorsiukb14_ESOmyrrrorb14_ESORDMyers65b14_ESOtengriGuyNamedSean 6 votes
I'm indifferent
5%
kevlarto_ESOTruckdriverJunglejim82 3 votes
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously I think yes, because I made a poll about it. :tongue:
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im being serious when i say this but they need to have 2 campaigns. One for vet and one for non vet. And raise all the pop caps up again. Cyrodiil is empty and its legit just getting zerged over and over by EP (NA). 1 Campaign would give cyrodiil life again. The pvers in IC will be gone soon anyway once they finish their gear in a week or two.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think raising pop caps, and then having a 30 day campaign, and a 7 day campaign with restricted access to IC is all we need, add to this one 7 day campaign with no restricted access to IC, and the nonvet campaign.
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes there's too many campaigns now and most are buff campaign for pve players to farm tv stones, in my opinion I think they've made a huge mistake getting rid of thornblade on EU.

#bringbackpvp
  • Sizaansil
    Sizaansil
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Get rid of two 30-days campaigns (perhaps a 7-days one also) I would say.
    More may lead us into having too much populations on every campaign, so too much lag :/
    Anne Lucerne - Factionless Templar - PC EU Server

"[Let us] now take you Up. We will [show] our true faces... [which eat] one another in amnesia each Age" - The Song of Pelinal, Vol. 8
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to hear some of the opinions from the people not wanting them closed as well so we and ZOS can see both sides.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes for the simple reason that PvP is somewhat dead. There are fights at prime time but little else at other times. Force everyone onto 1 - 2 servers and it would solve each faction having a 'buff' server for their PvErs.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    Im being serious when i say this but they need to have 2 campaigns. One for vet and one for non vet. And raise all the pop caps up again. Cyrodiil is empty and its legit just getting zerged over and over by EP (NA). 1 Campaign would give cyrodiil life again. The pvers in IC will be gone soon anyway once they finish their gear in a week or two.
    That would be awesome. But i dont think is is possible.
    Because I can!
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »

Best option but sadly not possible. Azuras Star EU is unplayable with idle latency of arround 300+ most of the day.

2 30 day campigs and 1 non vet one perhaps? idealy would be gated IC acess but since thats not possible one campign wiht gated acess and one without maybe.

Hows NA currently btw? Do you guys also have sick lag on your "main" PvP campign?
    :]
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One campaign wouldn't be enough. I've abandonned the idea of playing on Azura, too much lag for me. We'd obviously need at least 2 30 day campaigns and maybe a 7 day or 14 day campaign + one non vet. I feel 3 vet campaigns should do the trick.
    4 is too much as there would be one competitive campaign and 3 buff campaigns, one for each faction. All with gated IC access, but then the gated access has little meaning now that it's run its use...
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No option for more campaigns?

Current number seems okay.

Queus get a bit out of control some days and the lag...

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you playing on a campaign entirely controlled by the faction you play on or Azura if on the EU server?
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Are you playing on a campaign entirely controlled by the faction you play on or Azura if on the EU server?

PS4 EU server. Some good fights on scourge, goes back and forth. Azura, I get my a## handed to me lol
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PS4 EU server. Some good fights on scourge, goes back and forth. Azura, I get my a## handed to me lol

How many campaigns do you have on Console?

PC right now we have
    Azura's Star
    Trueflame
    Spell breaker
    (think I am missing one 30 day here)

Axe of Balharza
    Haderus
    Chillrend

Blackwater Blade

Only Blackwater and Azura have a balanced population, the rest are normally locked one faction and low for the other two. Which is where our problem of too many campaigns comes in.
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    no matter what, players seem to always gravitate to an area of least resistance. I got frustrated trying to farm mats on AS when most of the raid group I ran with decided it was 'easier' to farm on Chillrend instead, because they didn't want to go through the trouble of fighting DC on AS. No risk, no reward imo, but try telling that to some people....
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I see @Turelus , not sure of the number if campaigns. But both of those I mentioned are usually pop locked by all three factions.

Sounds like something should be adjusted, if you are seeing lop sided numbers like that.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How many campaigns do you have on Console?

PC right now we have
    Azura's Star
    Trueflame
    Spell breaker
    (think I am missing one 30 day here)

Ebony Blade is the one missing

Also in my opinion until they change the campaign scoring to be global it makes no difference because higher pop factions will always fully cap undefended maps. Campaigns should all contribute to your factions global score with access to IC being dependent on your scoring every hour. /day / week. But this will never happen because as we heard last livestream pvp content which encourages competition is bad because it means people who don't want to put in effort or have any semblance of faction pride (something which generally helps a game .. e.g. WoW) can't access their grind spots.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on September 29, 2015 9:43AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm indifferent
    I want to yes, but the problem is the queue's, I think they need to cram us together on fewer campaigns, might help up the population of DC on fewer servers, but with the crazy imbalance and a lot of players today seems like instead of trying to organize and fight they just leave, I don't know if anything would work.
  • Redfer
    Redfer
    ✭✭
    On NA there's virtually no lag, the fights are usually 24vs24 or something similar, but THEY'RE THE ONLY FIGHTS ON THE WHOLE MAP. I miss the days where we co-ordinated between 5 guilds on one campaign, even with a bit of latency it was still more fun than this. And the only reason the popular campaigns are pop-locked seems to be because everyone is doing pve in the imperial city right now, so even if we want to get a group, say on azuras, there is usually atleast a half an hour q during prime time on a deserted map.
    There's also no room for small group play. Seeing that as soon as you poke a keep you typically just get zerged by whatever enemy players are camping the gates on your respective campaign.
    Decrease servers, increase pop caps, or use a different population from the imperial city to bring life back.
    Edited by Redfer on September 29, 2015 1:14PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I and most of my guild are fine with queues if at the end of it we have PvP.

If you think about other games you would queue in for your short PvP match then queue again, here I can queue for an hour if need be and have a whole night of PvP. That's honestly way better than no queue and boredom finding fights.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most are buff campaign for pve players to farm tv stones

Wow, who could have seen that one coming... :|
    Best option but sadly not possible. Azuras Star EU is unplayable with idle latency of arround 300+ most of the day.

What ? Works fine fore me, better than the old Thornblade anyway and the general responsivity issues notwithstanding.
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on September 30, 2015 5:18AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the worst part about all this is like the low population bonus issues we had... ZOS being silent.

How hard is it for Rich or Brian to come and make a simple post saying "we're reading your threads and are aware of the issues" an acknowledge us? I remember leading a month or two of posts and threads regarding how low population killed Thornblade EU and eventually the answer we got came from a short question/answer on ESO live which most of the games population missed.

Better yet, maybe open an actual dialogue with the PvP community about what's gone wrong and how we can fix it. Brian has hinted at some better enticing rewards for Cyrodiil in another thread but they're rather empty words these days.

Please, please PLEASE @ZOS_BrianWheeler and @ZOS_RichLambert can you start creating a more open dialogue with the PvP community? Can we have some threads outlining plans you have or even just ideas/dreams so we can start giving feedback. This is better than silence and then another patch change to Cyrodiil with no warning.

Once again I am going to link this https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=445114 go and have a read of it, look at what real player/developer communication is and how EVE Online is evolving as a better game for it.

There is a reason CCP games are known as being the best company for working with their player base, because of threads like that being a common thing. Maybe the way ZOS is set up as a company doesn't allow this, but I have seen enough tweets from your developers about their own things during work hours there isn't a reason they can't start posting/tweeting relevent game information for the community.

Make the #ESOTU become as good as #tweetfleet

I'm starting to lose faith again, and I hate that feeling.