The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Getting booted off the NA server repeatedly

MisterIdentical
So I'm logging in, getting a few minutes of gameplay and then getting thrown back to the entry screen with "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

Except ESO is the only thing not working at the moment. Every other net-connected device I have is functioning 100% properly.

Is anyone else having issues?
"Why do Bosmer only eat meat?"

"Because of our beliefs which command us to protect the forest and rampant, widespread gluten intolerance."
  • PrizeFighter
    PrizeFighter
    ✭✭
    I've been having this same issue randomly throughout the week. There's even times where I'm in game and the prompt doesn't come up to loot anything around me or even read books off the shelves...
  • MisterIdentical
    I've been having this same issue randomly throughout the week. There's even times where I'm in game and the prompt doesn't come up to loot anything around me or even read books off the shelves...

Yeah I've been getting that too, and you just kinda wander around while nothing moves in the game until it boots you off
    "Why do Bosmer only eat meat?"

"Because of our beliefs which command us to protect the forest and rampant, widespread gluten intolerance."
  • Ravens-Sonata
    Ravens-Sonata
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS no longer cares -- They have gotten their money. Obviously they can not handle the console version of this game. We have been told for mths now - We're looking into it - Yet nothing Changes.

Whoever it was that decides to put the update ON TOP of a already Bugged system obviously needs lessons in Servers and Server Files.

It was broke Before the IC update, now...... Its almost unplayable, for some it is unplayable as they can not log in - and or there are too many battle/ skill bugs and glitches.

Its sad as this game had soo much potential, however - having experience with having public gaming servers as well as being a GM on several - the next thing that is going to end up happening is the server is going to go down - complete server wipe to straighten all this out as the file corruption is going to be too bad to correct without them re-doing the server.

I would much rather them announce they are going to shut down the server and REPAIR it now before it goes into a long term shutdown and wipe, But as we all know -- ZoS doesnt listen to nor do they seem to care about their customers, and as we all know - Without us Gamers -- there wouldnt be a Server or the $$$$ they are getting from us.

Hopefully soon they will deal with all this and Repair the server, but I dont have alot of faith in them at this point.

I will continue to check and see if by some chance the game works again and of course be checking here - but I didnt pay as much $$ as I did to sit and look and the loading screen or play a severely glitched game/char.
  • Mailman0105
    I have started threads a few times with this issue but it's just been worse since patch. kicked 21 times in a 2 hr period, got like nothing ingame done.
  • Mailman0105
    Once again this patch has made disconnecting even worse. It was horrific before and now its every few minutes while playing and everytime I try to change zone. I played FFXI for 9 years and only ever got kicked off maybe 3-5 times total. It isn't fun to log back in and be dead cause I'm working thru dungeons, I don't have 100 soul gems for raising myself and I shouldn't need to because of getting kicked off. Please fix this, I know you have a lot of other issues as well from the patch and your hardwork is appreciated for all you do to make this gaming experience better. Sorry to have to bring up another issue for you to work on. (title was :constant disconnect) (started this thread on sept. 16th and never got a reply)
  • LongBeardHagrid
    Same here on EU-Server
    LongBeardHagrid - Drachenritter (Tank & DD) - Veteran 12
    Magischer Magus - Magier (DD) - Veteran 16
    Schmied (50) - Versorger (50) - Schneider (50) - Schreiner (49)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I've been getting that too, and you just kinda wander around while nothing moves in the game until it boots you off

yeah, thats what has been happening to me also.
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only happens once in a while to me, and only in crowded areas of a city. I used to get more, but over the past month I have replaced all the hardware between my home theater and the Internet, including a new cable modem. That seems to have mitigated a lot of issues across the board with the whole setup. Even Netflix got better.

My sister has had more dropouts recently, but her Internet can be spotty due to a home remodel going on. The wireless router is in a bad spot until the room it's normally in is done.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello community members.

I am also having this issue. It has been happening since the latest patch. I log onto the game and within 5 minutes get a message saying: 'Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection.'

I have also read these forums and the FAQ and followed the steps to ensure my xbox is connected properly to the internet and set to 'Open' Nat or whatever it is... and it is. So it's not on my end.

After about 5-10 times of logging back on, it finally works for more than 5 minutes, and I can play. Which is most exciting. I just have to be persistent. The only thing is, I don't like being persistent. You know what I'm saying? It's annoying. I just want to run around and collect flowers and stuff.

I thought maybe it's because I'm an Australian playing on the American server, and maybe this server doesn't like Australians being on it. Unless the Australians are persistent, in which case you will be rewarded... and allowed to play the game like a normal person.

I wish life wasn't so difficult.