The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where is DC PvP? [PC/NA]

Reverb
Reverb
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For weeks now, my active pvp and pve guilds consists of:

"Type x for IC grind group"
"LFM sewer farm group"
"Farming malog bal, all welcome"
"Is there an ic group?"

Repeat ad nauseam. I'm over it, I don't want to grind ic or sewers anymore, I don't want to stack fighters guild skills for bored clusters of dremora. I want to battle. I miss actual pvp, and I'm not supported for saying so. So I'm forced to turn away from my former brothers-in-arms, to go it alone looking for action.

Of the 3 (non bwb) campaigns I have toons in, DC never seems to have a single keep or resource, and isn't trying to change that. On one, we run back and forth in the Memorial District like it's the Bleakers corridor of olde. Sure, it's an easy way to fill bounty quests, but it doesnt feel any different than farming trash mobs, with the rare, skilled fighter sprinkled in like mini bosses amongst the zerglings.

I'm asking you all, please extend grace to a fellow gamer and a proud Daggerfall banner carrier. Tell me, where do I find good pvp in these strange times?
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Granted, although I have been on the game since pre-release, I have only seriously been PVPing for two months. People are tired of being pushed back to the gates every time they try to even get the scroll keeps back. People are tired of being overran by the Emp zerg which typically out numbers the DC by six to one all the time. I have heard in TS long time PVPers say that they are not going to be an AP farm for the EP and either go into the IC or just log out of the game. The past few weeks, the guild has gone from being a full raid to just a handful of people. Almost every day, you log in and we are pushed back to the gates. We try to take back the home keeps but the EP shows up with two full raids worth of people, so that it is a wipe. (We won't mention the exploits, just the numbers). Some nights, after a certain time, we /MIGHT/ be able to get our home keeps back before logging out as many of the guild have jobs and have to sleep. When I log on the next day, we are gates only. It has become why bother anymore. We can go to the IC and grind instead of bothering with the EP's AP farm. I guess that the EP wants Cyrodil to be the next PVE area,cause that is what they are getting. There is already one campaign that is completely dead with 0 points for both the DC and the AD, won't be long before ALL of the campaigns are like that if ZOS doesn't do something to fix things. It is going to take ZOS doing something as we all know that the EP won't do anything to correct this before it is too late. But, I doubt that ZOS does anything. When PVP is completely dead, I can go back to leveling the alts through Silver and Gold like I was before I started PVPing.
    Edited by RDMyers65b14_ESO on September 24, 2015 3:14PM
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Ack, it won't let me edit the post again)

But, like you, OP, I prefer up top Cyrodil over the IC.
  • BossTuggles
    BossTuggles
    ✭✭✭
    There is plenty of PvP to be had in the sewers.....
    Like a Boss!
  • sun.fire85b14_ESO
    +1 to OP.