The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[TIP for noobs] Dont be afraid of group invite

Morphine
Morphine
This is an MMO game and playing in group is more fun and more rewarding. When you are in group and someone in group kill something or earn XP than you will also earn XP even if you dont attack and even if you don't kill. Accept those group invites, especially when in dungeon, grinding or just leveling. Whole group will gain more XP, there is no stealing of kills.

It will be rewarding for whole group.

Thanks for reading ;)
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends, you will get less XP as soon as there's more than 2 players in a group or more than 2 hitting same target.

Why a lot of non-noobs, like myself, decline group invites or leave once I checked the size. I rather keep my 100% XP, especially if I used a potion. Also considering how fast NPC's are dying at this point, you dont need a group to kill monsters in a few seconds.

Duos are awesome of course, you get max XP and faster kills. But once group grows bigger it's a crowd and the XP penalty becomes so heavy that you're better of going somewhere else.

I do find this system a bit strange, since it's an MMORPG. Grouping in PvE should be encouraged, not penalized.

• ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    It also depends on how one is invited. A random invitation is likely to get declined. Ask first and if the recipient is willing, then send the invite.

But don't be discouraged if you get declined. There will always be some, like myself, who like doing their own thing in-game. I like playing MMOs because the world is persistent and the other avatars running around are people, but that doesn't necessarily mean I always want to group outside of dungeons.
    PC NA
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZioGio wrote: »
    It also depends on how one is invited. A random invitation is likely to get declined. Ask first and if the recipient is willing, then send the invite.

This.... If i'm thrown a random group invite I will almost always reject it instantly, not because I don't want to group, but because I find it extremely rude behaviour to ninja invite people, I take the effort to type "hi" when people wander into an area i'm playing in, so why shouldn't they type a quick and simple "group?" and wait for a response before sending an invite. It's just something that annoys me endlessly.