Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

No inspiration from stolen items

Psych32
Psych32
After the imperial city patch, I noticed that I have not been receiving inspiration from items that are stolen. My blacksmithing skill is 19 and I have the perk to use orchialium ingots and im getting no experience from deconstructing stolen orc items. Is this happening to anyone else?
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you PC
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As there is a risk of stealing their used to be a reward not nerfed it stealing and deconstruction of the gear was to much reward.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on PC, and I have noticed I get very little inspiration from stolen items. It's similar to the zero value items that you pick up in the world. However, if I launder the items, they give a normal amount of inspiration.
  • qpviper1qp
    qpviper1qp
    ✭✭
    I've noticed the same thing on xbox one. It isn't giving the xp gains that it used to.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed I was getting just 400 for deconstructing some Stolen gear with my vr5. I was going to level a third vet character for writs and better hireling deliveries. Seems like it would take too much effort now. I'll still steal for mats though with my higher level character. Maybe I'll stop selling intricate items to level the third character.
  • Psych32
    Psych32
    No im on the ps4, I used this method cause most of my friends dont play the game regularly anymore and I couldnt find people who wanted to trade lvl 28 gear.
  • Blood_Oracle
    I read on Reddit that you have to launder the stolen item and then decon for exp/mats.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I read on Reddit that you have to launder the stolen item and then decon for exp/mats.

Source? How recent did you see this?
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Blood_Oracle
    CGPsaint wrote: »

Source? How recent did you see this?

Submitted 2 days ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3lv58e/psa_stealing_armorweapons_to_deconstruct_for/

I haven't tested it out yet but I wonder if it works.

Edit: A user said the following: ''And I tested the laundered vs stolen for materials, and I averaged the same amount from both - so, if doing just for mats, save your gold people! Just deconstruct them stolen.''

I guess it's worth decon stolen items for mats.
    Edited by Blood_Oracle on September 24, 2015 8:44AM
  • azza_ten
    azza_ten
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah I have noticed this as well. By reducing the ip gained from deconstruction it has turned a simple and fair processes into a ridiculously slow and grinding process. If it isn't broken don't fix it. It has made it near impossible for solo players to level crafting.

Daily crafting mission do very little to increase your characters crafting level as you can only do them every 20 hours. On completion of each quest the ip has been increased a little but not to a point were you gain enough experience to raise your levels by much barely na quarter of a level. it's a poor trade for the decrease in deconstruction xp. Previously in around 8 hrs of game play i could gain two crafting levels without too much repetitive game play.

I recently contacted support to pass on some feedback and to say that myself and many of my online gaming friends are seriously considering a move away from the game as these types of "changes" do little to enhance the gaming experience. The word throughout the online community is similar that by making levelling a chore rather then a reward it takes away from the fun of the game and after all that's what it's made for. I imagine like my friends and i the other ESO members will soon tire of it and cancel their subscription.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The pickup items on racks - even if not stolen - have really low inspiration too. It's not just the stolen ones.

However if you improve them first, it adds a LOT. My vet 1 was deconning items off racks for something like 300-400, and when he improved an item to green, it gave 3000 some.

Kind of expensive if you don't have a lot of green improvment materials, but if you really need the points and are close - it could be worth it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • S_Schofield
    S_Schofield
    Soul Shriven
    I have a VR11 and a Crafting VR10 that I started late with and I found that if I grind with the 11 and put all the loot drops in the bank and then withdraw them with my 10 and then destruct the,m the amount of XP i get is about 6 to 9 k per item, I did 35 items Yesterday and received 171000+ xp and 4 levels, if you had a friend in the same guild with a higher level this would work as well
    Edited by S_Schofield on September 25, 2015 11:07PM