The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Curing Vamp for PvP playstyle?

xerasia
xerasia
✭✭✭
Hi, friends.
My bosmer templar has been a vampire since level 10 (now vr16) and I am considering curing her. I've always been aware of the weaknesses and have managed okay...starting at such a low level I really don't know any other style of play, but I've been playing a lot of PvP the past several weeks and I hear over and over that my character's "squishiness" is largely due to the vampirism. I think that the only thing I'll really miss (other than the aesthetic; I am le nerd) is the Devouring Swarm ultimate as it has bailed me out many times. It's really the only vamp ability I keep slotted.

My questions to the community are:
- Has anyone cured vampirism, pre or post patch, and experienced a noticeable difference in survival and regen?
- Are any benefits only worthwhile in PvE, making it a deathwish in PvP?
- If you were a fan of DS as an ult, did you find a comparable ultimate? (I say this realizing I'm a healer and that my abilities should fill the void, but DS would keep me alive that much longer while my magicka regenerated...a problem I'm up against a lot)

Mainly - will curing provide an uptic in stats on paper, or did you cure and think, "Holy crowbar, why didn't I do this ages ago?"

Thanks, team!
Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I cured my Vamp a few days after the IC patch, and I noticed an immediate improvement in survivability. Sad to say, but there are many scammers and cheaters out there who use exploits like Camo Hunter, Smiting Dawnbreaker and Traps that do disproportionate damage to the undead.

Edited by Emma_Overload on September 25, 2015 6:39PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got rid of vamp on my stam NB. I miss the sneak speed alot, but I feel like this patch really nerfed the stealth attack element of the game, so I can live with it. Sneak speed was the real reason I went vampire in the first place.

Other than that I am glad I did it. Having terrible health regen got really annoying, as well as trying to do dungeons with alot of fire damage. I started feeling like a burden on my groups because I had a hard time managing my health. I honestly didnt feel that much of a change in my regen, though im sure it helped.

In terms of abilities I only really used bats. It was a good ultimate, but I still do ok without it. Soul Tether gives me a heal if I need it (Never played a templar so I don't know what you could replace it with). I feel like ability slots are limited, and now that you have to have a vamp ability slotted to get the regen, the abilities aren't worth it. Also the couple abilities are all magicka, and Mist form has a high cost, which depleted my magicka pool quickly on a stamina build.

The problem in IC seems to be every mob is daedra, so everyone runs around with camo hunter and dawnbreaker which can make you an easy target. Before IC I felt like some people used these abilities, but not near as many as now.

All in all, I think I am happier on this build as a non-vamp. I'm building a Magicka NB build, and may give vamp another shot, but am still undecided.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently started a stamina nb, I found the negatives outweighs the positivs for my playstyle. Camuflaged hunter can ruin your day:)

PC EU
    PvP only