Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Still 303 error

Vault111Dweller
A full week that I cannot log in and play since patch/update....a game I've spent hard earned $$ on. I'm so angry I can't see straight. NO acknowledgement this is even a problem on THEIR end of things. My xbox/modem/internet are functioning flawlessly....FIX OUR GAME!!!
Edited by ZOS_MatM on September 22, 2015 1:35AM
  • SMuttons
    SMuttons
    I feel for you bud. About two months ago I had the same issue and it took them 3 days to fix. Their customer service is atrocious but keep the faith, it's a fun game and worth hanging in there for. Since the update there are a ton of in-game bugs that need fixing. People that can't login should be their priority though. Good Luck.
  • Vault111Dweller
    Thanks muttons! I can't tell you how aggravated I am....lol
  • xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    ✭✭✭
    still having the issue myself.
  • MonsterPriest
    Havent been able to get past character selection since the dlc was introduced. I'm slowly getting over it however, been playing other stuff and I'm almost at the point of not caring about the game anymore.
  • Mike_IG
    Mike_IG
    Yup still this issue here as well.
  • xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    ✭✭✭
    same
  • Ravens-Sonata
    Ravens-Sonata
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS no longer cares -- They have gotten their money. Obviously they can not handle the console version of this game. We have been told for mths now - We're looking into it - Yet nothing Changes.

Whoever it was that decides to put the update ON TOP of a already Bugged system obviously needs lessons in Servers and Server Files.

It was broke Before the IC update, now...... Its almost unplayable, for some it is unplayable as they can not log in - and or there are too many battle/ skill bugs and glitches.

Its sad as this game had soo much potential, however - having experience with having public gaming servers as well as being a GM on several - the next thing that is going to end up happening is the server is going to go down - complete server wipe to straighten all this out as the file corruption is going to be too bad to correct without them re-doing the server.

I would much rather them announce they are going to shut down the server and REPAIR it now before it goes into a long term shutdown and wipe, But as we all know -- ZoS doesnt listen to nor do they seem to care about their customers, and as we all know - Without us Gamers -- there wouldnt be a Server or the $$$$ they are getting from us.

Hopefully soon they will deal with all this and Repair the server, but I dont have alot of faith in them at this point.

I will continue to check and see if by some chance the game works again and of course be checking here - but I didnt pay as much $$ as I did to sit and look and the loading screen or play a severely glitched game/char.
  • xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    ✭✭✭
    bump
  • MonsterPriest
    bump
  • xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    ✭✭✭
    bump
  • xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    ✭✭✭
    I have been in contact with someone on the Tech Support Escalation team, and while we haven't gotten the situation resolved yet, we have been able to rule out quite a bit.

Possible Fix 1): Power down xbox console, unplug console from power brick, switch off your modem, wait approximately 4-5 minutes, re-plug your console to power brick, switch modem back on, wait till modem is fully powered and sending/receiving information, power back on console, load game, go through usual routine. Results: Ineffective.

Possible Fix 2): Uninstall/Reinstall game. Results: Ineffective ( I strongly urge others not to do this as it is both mind-numbing and highly aggravating!!!).

Possible Fix 3): Remove your live account from your xbox console then recover said xbox live account. Results: Ineffective.

I will do my very best to keep all of you updated with my progress and hope that this open correspondence with the Tech Support Escalation team pays off. I believe that through my cooperation with them that I have them convinced of the following: 1) This is not a connectivity issue. 2) This is not an xbox live issue. 3) This is not an xbox live account issue. 4) This is a ESO account issue
  • xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    ✭✭✭
    Essentially I had to jump through some more hoops again since last night while communicating back and forth with the Tech Support Escalation team (Everyone affected with this issue may have to do this but you will need the aid of Tech Support in order to do so).

So, as many of you who have been following my posts know, I created a new xbox live profile and was able to successfully create and play a completely new character (Doing this you will need to create a new ESO account as well).

The Tech Support Escalation team had to disassociate my xbox live profiles from my ESO accounts. I then had to re-link those accounts but (for ease of explanation I will use "A" and "B" for the two xbox live profiles, "A" being the original xbox live profile and "B" being the new xbox live profile I created. I will use "X" and "Y" for the ESO accounts, "X" being the original and "Y" being the new one.) I had to link xbox live profile "B" with ESO account "X", and xbox live profile "A" with ESO account "Y".

The following is the steps I took, the results of those actions, and the response I sent back to them after learning the results:

1) I successfully linked the xbox live profile "B" to the ESO account "X"
    2) Selected the first character in my character list and logged in successfully
    3) Logged into everyone of my other characters and did so successfully

Note: Curious but not surprising was although I had the crowns that I accumulated prior to the IC DLC, it was not registering me as a ESO Plus member. I presume this is due to the fact I had purchased ESO Plus on the xbox live profile "A". Also all of the guilds that I was apart of showed in my social tab but did not check to see if my friends list was populated accordingly.

4) I successfully linked the xbox live profile "A" to the ESO account "Y"
    5) Selected the character on that profile and got the "Error 303 Connection to the server has timed out." message.

This is the latest response that I have gotten from the Tech Escalation team

Hi There,

That is good(ish) news, it definitely shows that the problem has something to do with the way the Gamertag itself is interacting with our system. Definitely not a long term solution, and clearly there are problems with the fact that you are now linked to the secondary gamertag, not the least of which are that you have now lost ESO Plus benefits(as I would expect, those do stick to the Gamertag) and obviously chat, friends, achievements, etc are going to be associated with your secondary profile.

So, I am going to report all of this up the chain, and see if they can pinpoint the exact problem, but at least we know the general area to look now. For now, unless you think otherwise, I think its probably better to keep the account linked to your secondary account, which should allow you to continue to play while we work this out.

Inevitably, the question here will eventually arise, what to do about the fact that you are now out most of a month of paid ESO Plus. I'd like to help you where I can, but I do want to be upfront that my ability to compensate for that is fairly limited. The Subscription is directly tied to Xbox Billing, so I don't have a lot of control over that in the meantime. One thing you might want to try would be to see if you can get a refund for your current month, and you are free to use this ticket number as a reference if that helps xxxxxx-xxxxxx, and then pick it back up after everything is squared away, but I will leave that up to your judgement for the time being.

Thanks again, and I will follow up with you as soon as I know more.

I hope this will help you all in at least being able to play the characters you all have spent so much time in playing, hopefully the issue can be pinpointed quickly and the necessary actions need to correct it are figured out just as quickly. I will do my best to continue to post in an effort to keep all of you updated as I learn more.