The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

QUEST - THE SOUL TRAP

Glockaholic
Is anyone else having problems trying to get this quest to begin? I completed the quest prior to this (Arithiel) by placing the two stones on the pedestal to open the Abamath Ruins door and didn't have any problems. I completed the quest and was awarded with gold and Arithiel's Ring.

After completion, I walked back to Abamath Wayshrine and fast traveled to Velyn Harbor for inventory management and fast traveled back to Abamath Wayshrine. I walked back to the front door of the ruins, and the option to go back into the ruins to speak to the Sarcophagus to begin the quest, is not available. I've sent tickets in and have received numerous guesses as to how to resolve the problem but none have worked so far.

I'm hopeful one of the many players of this game has experienced the same problem and may have a solution. Thanks for any assistance.
I was a Dovahkiin..then I took an arrow in the knee!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible that this is one of those few quests that you can only do while its "parent" quest is still active, due to Abamath being one of those places that locks up again once you have left it after the primary quest is complete.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Glockaholic
    That probably would've been smarter but honestly I never gave it a thought. But as I recall after I beat the quest boss (Siros I believe??) the quest marker took me to an exit that was very close by to finish the quest...it wasn't necessary for me to backtrack through the ruins.

Being that it's only a side quest, it won't be the end of the world if I don't get to complete it. I was just wondering if this was a common problem or if someone else had experienced the issue and how they dealt with it.
    I was a Dovahkiin..then I took an arrow in the knee!