The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Q about new lvl of writ rewards

mgharris
mgharris
What are the costs and benefits to the new lvl VR16 writs? I currently am 50 in each craft skill but have not put another point into the skill tree because I am concerned it will reduce the benefits. Currently for the Craglorn writs I pay $750 for materials for a single writ and get back $664 and items that sell from $150 to $5k plus the chance to loot a nirn. Im concerned the lvl vr16 materials will cost more than the rewards generated.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mgharris wrote: »
    What are the costs and benefits to the new lvl VR16 writs? I currently am 50 in each craft skill but have not put another point into the skill tree because I am concerned it will reduce the benefits. Currently for the Craglorn writs I pay $750 for materials for a single writ and get back $664 and items that sell from $150 to $5k plus the chance to loot a nirn. Im concerned the lvl vr16 materials will cost more than the rewards generated.

There are writs higher than Craglorn? Whaaat?
  • mgharris
    mgharris
    I have not put in the 10th skillpoint but I know if I do the cost to procure those lvl VR16 materials will be increased a lot. I am simply wondering if the reward is increased in relation to the current cost of procurement. Im not sure where the next lvl writ would be turned in but I assumed it would be in the IC.
  • Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    The v16 writs are the same as the v14 writs, i.e. they require nightwood, voidsteel, etc. So invest away!
  • Yetizai
    Yetizai
    Calidus1 wrote: »
    The v16 writs are the same as the v14 writs, i.e. they require nightwood, voidsteel, etc. So invest away!

Thanks just came here to ask this very question.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just hit 50 in enchanting a few minutes ago. I assume the highest level enchanting writs are still Monumental (use Kura)?
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on September 25, 2015 12:05AM
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Just hit 50 in enchanting a few minutes ago. I assume the highest level enchanting writs are still Monumental (use Kura)?

Yes. You only need Kura for the Monumental glyphs and Rede for the individual runestone requirement (not sure why there's a difference in level).