Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can I get a Haircut? ;)

Shazzamx
Shazzamx
Soul Shriven
I have this idea that I have seen implemented with great success in other games, both in the MMO genre and in more traditionel games.

Basically I would love for a Barber to be introduced to the world, it would not break lore or unbalance the game in any way and it would give us the players a place to thrown gold at for a new haircut, new facepaint/makeup and such.

Now I would also suggest that there were an option to cut a "secret" deal to go into the backroom "basement" or whatever.. it could even be a portal to a pocket plane in a backroom, where you cut a deal with a daedric lord to give you a complete custom overhaul... If you feel this is not in lore with barbers it could be a thief guild thing.. something along the lines of wanting to change identity :P .. Anyway that more comprehensible makeover could easily cost crowns like the scrolls you buy for XP.

I believe there would be a big market gold and crown wise for this feature. I know I would love to pay crowns along the line of 1500 -2500 to change some things about my character like the Voice, and perhaps give it a more "heroic" rugged face since it has been in Tamriel for a while now and shouldn't look like such a "soft" featured person ;) Anyway I hope to see this feature.. I have never seen it not be a success in games + it would boost your Crown sales which makes more money for you guys, so it's a win win as I see it :)
  • Blood_Oracle
    I would love to change my character's haircut.
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know can you get one? im sure the question you want Is may I get a haircut.

person 1: can I have 10000 bucks?

person 2: Absolutly.

person 1:-holds out hand- where is it?

person 2: I said you can have it never said I would give it to you.

when using may in the sense of asking a question it is more asking that person/company specifically for x item you would like.
  • Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    I don't know can you get one? im sure the question you want Is may I get a haircut.

when using may in the sense of asking a question it is more asking that person/company specifically for x item you would like.

not true, but a common misconception
    http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/can-or-may

ALSO, I want haircuts soooo bad
    Edited by Calidus1 on September 24, 2015 10:08PM
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calidus1 wrote: »

not true, but a common misconception
    http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/can-or-may

ALSO, I want haircuts soooo bad

well aint was added to the dictionary due to it being used often doesn't mean it is really a word. ;)
  • Cheveyo
    Cheveyo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Face Sculptor exists in Skyrim. So the ability to change your appearance isn't new, which means it doesn't need to be limited to changing just your hairstyle/color/etc.
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Galathil

I'd love the ability to change my appearance. I probably wont change much on my character, but there are a couple of body parts that I feel I made too thin. I'd also change the hairstyle probably.

Edited by Cheveyo on September 26, 2015 2:06AM
  • xRAGEx
    xRAGEx
    ✭✭
    Barber shop
  • Pushka
    Pushka
    ✭✭
    A: Lightninvash... given that there is no possible way to get a haircut in the game, they can use CAN/CAN'T if they want. Because its not possible.

B: I know this has been asked for many many times, but I feel I will add my comment yet again. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO THIS ESO!

Kay, thats all.
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    No you can't have a barber shop. But, what you can have is 10 different reskinned cats, some undyeable costumes that are pretty much just in game armor pieces, or a motif that's an excessive grind in game but purchasable quickly in the store.
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I had a penny for every barber shop topic.

I will just leave this here

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/165626/the-barber-shop-is-currently-being-worked-on-community-input-goes-here#latest

All input welcome! If anything, I am glad the community is loud about this.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!