Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The 1st Grand Imperial Arena Melee

DaniAngione
DaniAngione
✭✭✭✭✭
Good people of the Imperial City...
WELCOME to the arena!

For this match, we've got some fresh meat from all three Alliances! Who will win... The 1st Great Imperial Arena Melee?!

Greetings, folks :)

So... I'm a little obsessed with achievements. And there's one achievement in particular that doesn't seem really complicated to achieve BUT I think we can do so in a very interesting way...

I'm talking about the "Alliance Gladiator" achievement - it requires you to kill 100 players of other alliances inside the Imperial Arena.

So, yes, we can form some groups and keep attacking other people while they're at the arena fight, but... Why not hold a great, bloody and glorious melee with lots of players from all three factions?

So I bring forth this proposition:

THE 1st GRAND IMPERIAL ARENA MELEE

Campaign:
PC/NA Megaserver - Azura's Star

(feel free to start organizing it for your own campaign, though!)

Date:
Next Sunday, September 27th
19:00 (7 pm) UTC
15:00 (3 pm) EST

(Sunday afternoon seems to be a time where most players would be available, I guess - but that's also open for discussion!)

Representatives:
@DaniAngione (Ebonheart Pact)
?? (Daggerfall Covenant)
?? (Aldmeri Dominion)

! ! ! We need Representatives for the other factions! A representative is a kind of organizer - someone who will be in touch with me and the other representatives so we can communicate between factions for the good sake of the event! So, please, if you're interested - volunteer yourself by commenting! :) ! ! !

Rules:
  1. You do not talk about the Grand Imperial Melee
Hah! Just kidding - you do talk about it A LOT. If you like the idea - comment and share it with your friends! For the event to work and be a success, we'll need all the people we can gather! :smile:

Seriously, now. I don't think there should be rules however I do propose 2 "honourable behaviors":
  1. Do not kill people on their way to the arena. Or the fight will start to ravage through the whole district and the arena itself will be empty. Let's focus the bloodbath on the sand floor!
  2. Do not spam AOE/attacks on the entrance gate of the arena. Let people run to the melee and fight, let's not gatecamp the entrance :)

Well, that's it. What do you guys and gals think? Let us BATTLE!
Edited by DaniAngione on September 27, 2015 8:13PM
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    its a good idea

i'm in it to win it
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that sounds fun
    Edited by lathbury on September 19, 2015 5:42PM
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First question...NA or EU and what platform?
    Sounds like fun :)
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be fun
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »

True, forgot about those.
    Sorry, editing now :)

Oh, and the answer is:
    PC/NA

But feel free to organize it on your end if needed! :)
    Edited by DaniAngione on September 19, 2015 6:14PM
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh, and the answer is:
    PC/NA

Perfect for me :)

I like this idea...now, is there going to be room for all of us? lol
    Will you limit the number of participants per round and to keep it balanced between factions?
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, and the answer is:
    PC/NA

Perfect for me :)

I like this idea...now, is there going to be room for all of us? lol
    Will you limit the number of participants per round and to keep it balanced between factions?

Well, I could try. But it's not like I have actual control over what people do. That's why it is important to let people know and share the idea - the more 'official' it is, the more people that know about it, the greater it is the chance that everyone will respect and enjoy it.

I even thought about maybe trying to propose some 'strategic', 1x1 battle style (like no AOE spamming, to focus on hundreds of personal combats happening at the same time with a bit of chaos instead of mass zerging) but it all depends on the willingness of the participants and the awareness of others on the area :)

So... let's spread the word, tell our guilds and such. :D

I like to think of this as an "Open Source Event" (lol) so even though I might be organizing, it's not a titled event - like, it's not my guild's event or anything like that. Everyone is free to participate, make suggestions, propose new ideas and even organize it completely on other campaigns/servers/platforms/dates/whatever :)

What I would like to see, though, is some form of uniformity - that this event, if it actually happens and whenever/wherever it happens - is aknowledged as a "Great Imperial Arena Melee" edition so that, depending on the success, we can even try and transform it into a regular, community event :)
  • Stanko
    Stanko
    ✭✭✭
    Great Idea. Very helpful for getting the Gladiator Achievement too!
    Stanko: Ebonheart Pact, CP 3600, Templar, Former Emperor on Azura's, Arena Gladiator, Flawless Conqueror, Spirit Slayer, Grand Overlord, Paragon, and of course Merciless.
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stanko wrote: »
    Great Idea. Very helpful for getting the Gladiator Achievement too!

Oh, hey there Stanko :D

I'm that khajiit from yesterday, Nailawyn. Remember when I said that I had an idea? Well, that was it :wink:
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Count me in - Ill try to bring some guildies from More Than Fair! :)
    Edited by ashlee17 on September 19, 2015 10:51PM
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG this is going to be amazing. I'm in and I will spread the word!! So cool!!!!
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @ashlee17 and @Messy1 :smile:

So, I've been thinking and decided to change the name to "Grand Imperial Arena Melee" because, you know, "grand" seems to have more grandeur. :wink::smiley:

Besides that, I kind of confirmed the event (though new proposals of date/time are always welcome :) ) and figured that at least one representative for each Faction would be a nice idea, to clear things out to people, explain/promote on /zone during the event (to attract more), and keep in touch with the other representatives :)

So... I'm Ebonheart Pact, so technically we'd need one from the Daggers and one from the Dominion. If you're willing, just say it here :blush:

Thank you all for the support so far... Let's make it happen! :D

• NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    Can I go there and watch as an audience? And don't kill audience please?

And you can appoint some disguise as an audience sign.
    Edited by NGP on September 20, 2015 3:32PM
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi Gina, can you promote this on ESO Live?
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NGP wrote: »
    Can I go there and watch as an audience? And don't kill audience please?

And you can appoint some disguise as an audience sign.

Lol, although this is a neat idea, I'm afraid no one will be able to guarantee your safety :smiley:
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi Gina, can you promote this on ESO Live?

Oh, good idea - thanks for that! :)
  • Tailger
    Tailger
    ✭✭
    This sounds like tons of fun! I'll e there from Ebonheart if I can on my templar, 'Zatani'.

Most likely I'll fall quickly but who cares, its all for fun.
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    I will discuss this in the officer forum of the Misfitz and see if we can muster some guild attendance. It would be most interesting.
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tailger wrote: »
    This sounds like tons of fun! I'll e there from Ebonheart if I can on my templar, 'Zatani'.

Most likely I'll fall quickly but who cares, its all for fun.

Oh, don't worry. Chaos will engulf the arena, no one says you can't respawn and run back... :wink:
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth bombs for the win. Misfitz are discussing now.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm game ill see if a few of my buddies want in as well
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd bet on some less-than-honourable group camping the entrance...
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    I'd bet on some less-than-honourable group camping the entrance...

That's why it's important to have at least one representative from each faction. (Volunteers? :hushed: )

Let's say an EP group decides to camp the entrance, the representatives can coordinate a DC and AD attack to clear the entrance or the EP rep can talk to them and convince them to join the event as well :D

We can't order people around....

But we can kill them :smiley:

EDIT:
    reften wrote: »
    Stealth bombs for the win. Misfitz are discussing now.

Oh, and that's excellent news! I'd love to hear the same from some of the big guilds from DC and EP like SOTP and such. Don't know anyone in them, though. But if anyone reading this is in touch (or part) of big PVP guilds from PC/NA Azura's Star, make sure to give 'em a heads up!
    Edited by DaniAngione on September 23, 2015 3:17AM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great!! A 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 arena instance is something I've been asking since I started playing. At least this can help to promote the idea.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Great!! A 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 arena instance is something I've been asking since I started playing. At least this can help to promote the idea.

I don't think this is 3v3. I think it is supposed to be a free-for-all. Thus, 'chaos'.
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »

I don't think this is 3v3. I think it is supposed to be a free-for-all. Thus, 'chaos'.

True. It's more like a (36v21v28)+(+/-10)

But I think he meant something like... "it draws attention to the need of a PVP Arena"
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event starting soon!

Feel free to whisper me ingame @DaniAngione !
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great event idea and I have been trying to participate in it, but ESO as a game puts some barriers up for it to be successfully implemented as a player driven event:

1) Players from different factions cannot hear each other with the /say chat command

2) The Imperial city arena has an event inside it that will prevent other players from any faction from going in while it is occuring
    A) I know that there probably is a reason that ZOS has not allowed arena style dueling yet, but the IC and the Imperial Arena was the perfect opportunity to do so. All that needed to happen was smart zone/gameplay design in the following way . . . have 3 separate staging areas below the IC arena for each faction with ramps leading up to the arena, then have the quest instanced for people who wanted to do the quest and then have free for all (FFA) option for when you enter the imperial arena for those players who want to fight/ duel each other

3) Why are there barriers in this game for players to interact with other players?
    A) Listen to this ZOS this may be the most important part about my response here . . . Why can't players from other factions /say and listen and talk to each other? ZOS you have a very creative and high functioning player base in this game and you need to give us the tools to organize events such as this one in game, not put up barriers to interaction.
    B) There could have been so much more done with the Arena district, like stalls for betting on other players, various paths to arena champion title, observation seats for other players, IT'S NOT too later, give the players more interactive features . . . it's fun to create games within games.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, the event was fun. The EP were cool with the few DC that wanted to fight in the Arena. Lol it was 10+ EP to 3 or 4 of us DC it was fun though. We dueled a few players ( man I need more practice ), killed a few Arena bosses, and just had a good time. Downside we have about 3 AD gankers that stayed around the entrance of the arena ganking EP and DC players.

The only thing that I would recommend for the next event is a little more advertisement. Bump up the forum post daily and have a few buddies help promote in the other factions and guilds.

Thank you for the event
    Edited by imredneckson on September 27, 2015 8:03PM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, though after ZOS threw the post on the Events forums, I couldn't keep bumping it because I can't post many times on top of myself :pensive:

Besides that, I'd like to thank everyone that came for the event.

It was not as many as I'd have wanted for the great, chaotic bloodbath of glory and victory we were expecting but we did have some fun. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, some of the systems in the game itself prevent the event from happening on a nicer pace

As a suggestion, I'd say that the arena door should be always interactive, no matter if you're in combat or not. Having to wait to be out of combat to get inside the arena completely ruins the idea of the event :(

Also, ZOS should support/encourage events like this. I mean, I'm not saying that because I've started it - but seeing how many duels and events like this are proposed by players, it SHOULD tell them something - it should point out that players want duelling and some kind of PVP Arena!

Oh, and last but not least, we've discovered that you only get kills for the achievement IF you're the last one to hit. Even when grouped, only the last one to hit would get the kill.

That's completely bummer and goes against all the ideals of team play and social experiences in an MMO. It's easier to get it by solo storming other players while they fight the mobs rather than playing in group - as any online game should be.

Anyway...
    Once again, thanks everyone :smile:
    I might have more to say later, I need to chill a bit now...