The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AUI causing frame skip when closing UI windows?

Rapthorne
Rapthorne
✭✭
I just updated AUI through minion, and now every time I close an inventory/loot/etc window, I get half a second of screen freeze. Is there any way to remedy this?
Edited by Rapthorne on September 24, 2015 11:51AM
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you disabled each addon individually to determine if it is one of the addons causing it?

1. Make sure you can re-produce the issue consistently (10 of 10 times, or 8 of ten times, etc)
    2. disable all of the new addons and test -- if the issue still exists, disable all addons and test.
    3. enable each of the new addons one at a time and test (so only one new addon is running during the tests)

- If the issue occurs with no addons loaded, let ZOS know via a support ticket
    - Let us know here which addon(s) cause the issue, and give us as much detail about the issue as possible ...
    Such as does it occur on menus that are not changed by the addons you are running etc ...
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • Rapthorne
    Rapthorne
    ✭✭
    Ravalox wrote: »
    Have you disabled each addon individually to determine if it is one of the addons causing it?

1. Make sure you can re-produce the issue consistently (10 of 10 times, or 8 of ten times, etc)
    2. disable all of the new addons and test -- if the issue still exists, disable all addons and test.
    3. enable each of the new addons one at a time and test (so only one new addon is running during the tests)

- If the issue occurs with no addons loaded, let ZOS know via a support ticket
    - Let us know here which addon(s) cause the issue, and give us as much detail about the issue as possible ...
    Such as does it occur on menus that are not changed by the addons you are running etc ...

it seems to be AUI causing the problem. it was fine until I updated to the most recent version with Minion, and now every time I close (but not open, oddly) a UI window, I get frame skip for about half a second.

It's only with UI windows like inventory/world map/loot windows, etc. regular NPC interaction menus don't cause any lag problems.

disabling AUI does fix the issue, but I rely on it a lot, so playing the game without AUI is frustrating
    Edited by Rapthorne on September 24, 2015 11:26AM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah AUI is awesome, sad to hear it's having problems. I have faith in the devs of that add-on though, to fix any problem fast - they have so far.
    If I were you I would write them an email.
  • Wanderinlost
    Wanderinlost
    ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue, there is a one second lag whenever closing an interface element. Disabling AUI solves the problem.

I went a bit further and narrowed the problem to the minimap module.

I couldn't figure a way to fix it in the AUI minimap options but disabling the module fixes the problem.