Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elden Root Undaunted?

Sertith
Sertith
Hey all, I'm trying to figure out where to start this quest. There doesn't seem to be anything in the Enclave area itself. No quest markers show up, anyway. I looked online, and it says that Maj al-Ragath is supposed to be there to give a quest, but I don't see her at all.

Do I just do the group dungeon without a quest to do it, or what?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What level are you? You cannot do the daily Undaunted Pledges until you are Level 45, but each of the group dungeons also has a one-time story quest that you should find when you enter the dungeon for the first time.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also a Unique Lore book in each Group Dungeon so look for that. These are the Blue ones for the Mages. You may also find some other Lore books in there too.

But, yes, you have to be 45 to get Pledges. You will get an invitation in the email when your at the right level.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sertith
    Sertith
    I can't start Undaunted until I'm level 45?! I'm only level 23 something, and it had me start it very early in the game. In the Salt Wings Tavern in Auridon you get the first Undaunted quest; you have to go to the Banished Cells and after that you go back to the Tavern, where you join the group and they sing that song at you. I feel like we're talking about different things, here.

I thought I would then have to do each of the Group dungeons in each map. The one in Grahtwood is called Elden Root. I ended up going in with a group, even though I didn't have a quest to do it.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't start the Pledges until Level 45. The quests you find inside each dungeon the first time you enter are the first round of Undaunted quests, which get you from Level 12 (when you get "One of the Undaunted" in the Tavern) up to Level 45 ("Mind of Madness" in Coldharbour). So, for example, the Level 20-ish Undaunted quest that you should have done in Elden Hollow is "Ancient Remains".
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After the initiation sending you to your first dungeon (Banished Cells in your case), the Undaunted won't give you any quests until you unlock daily pledges at level 45. All they will do is mark each tier of dungeons on your map. The quest is always picked up inside the dungeon and you don't need to report back to the Undaunted.
  • Sertith
    Sertith
    Ahh, alright. That's awesome, thanks. :)