The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

a complaint about complaining about complaining

Dru1076
Dru1076
✭✭✭✭
Two threads I read today complain about complaining.

There does seem to be more people complaining about this game in the forum than praising it. That's because there ARE more threads complaining. But don't forget, those people happy with the game are playing the game, not making forum threads. So there will always be more complaints than praise. And those complaining don't necessarily have any less love for the Elder Scrolls... If they didn't love it they would not bother trying to have their concerns addressed, they'd just go play something else.

And don't forget, a parent who only ever tells their kids they are wonderful and perfect is not necessarily raising wonderful and perfect children. Honesty is vitally important, and Zos WANT honest feedback. People should feel free to raise any concerns they have here.
Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to complain abut the threads complaining about the complainers complaining.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love the game I come on to read the complaints cause I need my daily dose of LOLs and whats better than reading players butt hurt that they hate the changes.
    Options
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    I want to complain abut the threads complaining about the complainers complaining.

I will only then complain about the complaining about the complaining about the complaining about the complaining.

I am pleased that you picked up on how ridiculous this thread is, because it is meant to be.
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf compliments they are OP,but complaining needs to buff
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dru1076 wrote: »
    Xendyn wrote: »

I will only then complain about the complaining about the complaining about the complaining about the complaining.

I am pleased that you picked up on how ridiculous this thread is, because it is meant to be.

;)
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10aaff31aadc2ca6390d05786bf43e8166eb5cd6e140ce46c0b49a8b07700b7f.jpg
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The sad part is all these people complaining about trifles never bother to find a work-around that works for them and instead whine to Zenimax because it's "ruining the game". Maybe about half at most of the complaints are about something legit but frankly as often as people are always barking at Zenimax if I was them I'd say "get off my back already!" which is probably why they only respond to posts that actually deserve attention.

I want to see bugs fixed as much as the next person but crying on the forums 24/7 isn't gonna solve anything. The sooner people realize that the sooner these forums can gain a bit more positive of an atmosphere.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sad part is all these people complaining about trifles never bother to find a work-around that works for them and instead whine to Zenimax because it's "ruining the game". Maybe about half at most of the complaints are about something legit but frankly as often as people are always barking at Zenimax if I was them I'd say "get off my back already!" which is probably why they only respond to posts that actually deserve attention.

I want to see bugs fixed as much as the next person but crying on the forums 24/7 isn't gonna solve anything. The sooner people realize that the sooner these forums can gain a bit more positive of an atmosphere.

You said it Joe....crying on the forums doesn't achieve anything. Except someone might offer that work around...though its more likely they will say something like "crying on the forum doesn't achieve anything", followed by a clever mocking gif and a l2p message.

The main point of this thread is to point out how silly complaining about complaining is. You are not forced to read anything in the forum. Let them "cry" if that's what you think they're doing. It doesn't hurt you.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You said it Joe....crying on the forums doesn't achieve anything. Except someone might offer that work around...though its more likely they will say something like "crying on the forum doesn't achieve anything", followed by a clever mocking gif and a l2p message.

The main point of this thread is to point out how silly complaining about complaining is. You are not forced to read anything in the forum. Let them "cry" if that's what you think they're doing. It doesn't hurt you.

Unless you come to the forums to see what people are talking about only to see constant complaining each and every time with only a hint of anything even remotely positive that people try to slip negative comments in anyway.

I think I'll just dub them the naysay cult and use that from now on.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on September 23, 2015 4:42AM
    Options
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    If that's all you see all the time, why would bother Joe? If you know something upsets you, and it clearly does, why keep exposing yourself to that? Because believe ne, there will ALWAYS be more threads expressing problems than offering praise.

I do see threads that are blatant whines, but I don't see them nearly so often as others seem to. In fact, I think such threads are quite rare.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If that's all you see all the time, why would bother Joe? If you know something upsets you, and it clearly does, why keep exposing yourself to that? Because believe ne, there will ALWAYS be more threads expressing problems than offering praise.

I do see threads that are blatant whines, but I don't see them nearly so often as others seem to. In fact, I think such threads are quite rare.

I'd say at least half the threads I see when I visit the forums are the same old moan and groan towards the same old topics people constantly whine at. The other half of the time I see people posting suggestions that aren't so common, asking questions seeking answers, or posting something relatively newish that I can learn from. I am likely not the only one with this mindset either but who knows... Either way I visit to see what's new but oft times end up disgruntled when I see the same old same old... If anything I just pity Zenimax's position despite how much they likely ignore it all and look to defend them where need be, which is usually everywhere lol

Above all though, I remain a positive thinker.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on September 23, 2015 5:02AM
    Options
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps if Zos didn't ignore the majority of threads, they would be repeated nearly as often. And if people are repeatedly making the same complaint, and it is different people, then maybe... Just maybe.... It's because its a real problem?
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps if Zos didn't ignore the majority of threads, they would be repeated nearly as often. And if people are repeatedly making the same complaint, and it is different people, then maybe... Just maybe.... It's because its a real problem?

Things that have been answered people still make threads about. Also it isn't just complaints that get repetitive threads but suggestions too. Zenimax may not respond to every single thread they see but they do look at at least the majority of them and respond in the ones that actually need it in their eyes. This is usually when it's something they have not seen reported yet.

Fact of the matter is rage is all that fuels the people that come to complain. When they're that mad all they want to do is rant and for them the quickest way to do so is make a new thread. However, not all of those threads are about actual problems but rather something didn't or isn't going their way and they blame Zenimax for it.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on September 23, 2015 5:29AM
    Options
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Darn. You beat me to that meme. :trollface:
    Options
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Auricle wrote: »
    Darlgon wrote: »

Darn. You beat me to that meme. :trollface:

I don't often laugh at these, tbh... But i had good chuckle over this. The main reason, as I have already said, that i started this thread was to illustrate the ridiculousness of complaining about complaining. Of course i realise complaining about complaining about complaining is stupid... But that's the point. :smiley:
    Edited by Dru1076 on September 23, 2015 6:40AM
    Options
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭

Things that have been answered people still make threads about. Also it isn't just complaints that get repetitive threads but suggestions too. Zenimax may not respond to every single thread they see but they do look at at least the majority of them and respond in the ones that actually need it in their eyes. This is usually when it's something they have not seen reported yet.

Fact of the matter is rage is all that fuels the people that come to complain. When they're that mad all they want to do is rant and for them the quickest way to do so is make a new thread. However, not all of those threads are about actual problems but rather something didn't or isn't going their way and they blame Zenimax for it.

Ate you seriously suggesting every single complaint in these forums is motivated by rage? None of mine were...so there goes that theory. I think you see what you want to see, my friend.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ate you seriously suggesting every single complaint in these forums is motivated by rage? None of mine were...so there goes that theory. I think you see what you want to see, my friend.

I didn't say every. Some people actually take the time to look for bugs in the game and come report them. Others happen upon them by a chance encounter that does them wrong so they come to complain. That particular type of complaint is logical of course but it also depends on the level of disruption. If it's a mere graphical error such as the current issue with beams that is easily worked around by the players and continuing to complain about it after it has been reported already is just plain pointless. Others come complaining about something in PvP for example they don't quite agree with because they are having bad experiences, also by chance.

Fact of the matter is calling constant complaining stupid is not something unheard of. Not everyone is going to see a game eye-to-eye so there are going to be a small handful of players that hate every aspect of the game but simply whining about it does nothing but waste your own time. That is the reason people complain about complaining. They don't want naysayers bringing down the mood and ruining potentially the only large community experience they can have with this game. I realize people are going to keep complaining no matter what but that's just how it is. The amount of complaining though could do with some reduction or, as I have suggested in quite a few posts now, making a seperate forum section entirely for complaints to seperate the negative from the positive.
    Options
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Complaining is not the problem. Complaining is good. Complainers are your best customers, they are involved, they love you.

But it's the style that sometimes bothers me.

Imagine you're a chef in a fine restaurant. Media coverage is positive and so are most customers.
    But one day a 'customer' starts to shout:

"Your restaurant is complete *PEEP*, and you are a *PEEP* too. Fix my dish, you mother*PEEP* or I leave!!!".

I don't know about you, but I would guide this customer to the exit.
    Founder of Tradelodge, a trade guild operating on the European Megaserver for Playstation®4.

Visit our website: http://tradelodge.blogspot.com/
    Options
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a customer is merely portraying his finest Ramsey impersonation.
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a killer thread,

LMFAO!!

I also get good kicks out of people who complain but it is plain and simple,
    There is NO OTHER MMORPG that is as good as TESO even with all its bugs...

Love the game. . . .
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play enough MMO's and browse their forums and you'll eventually see a pattern.

1. "X/Y Developer doesn't care about us and only wants our money!!"
    2. "OMG! They nerfed X/Y my build is ruined!"
    3. "I'm quitting Game X/Y and here's a tl;dr post explaining why. And no, you can't have my stuff"
    4. Random lolz
    5. Pretty much everyone else pointing and laughing at each other ("LOLLOLO I'm trolling you." "No, I"M trolling YOU". "NO, I AM!!" )

You get used to it. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    Edited by Cadbury on September 23, 2015 7:23AM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this the wrong place to compliment on a fun game?
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »
    Is this the wrong place to compliment on a fun game?

Yes. We only accept complaints or quitting threads this week.
    Next week is what you want.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Grisemn
    Grisemn
    ✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Play enough MMO's and browse their forums and you'll eventually see a pattern.

1. "X/Y Developer doesn't care about us and only wants our money!!"
    2. "OMG! They nerfed X/Y my build is ruined!"
    3. "I'm quitting Game X/Y and here's a tl;dr post explaining why. And no, you can't have my stuff"
    4. Random lolz
    5. Pretty much everyone else pointing and laughing at each other ("LOLLOLO I'm trolling you." "No, I"M trolling YOU". "NO, I AM!!" )

You get used to it. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

xD its so true
    Edited by Grisemn on September 23, 2015 8:56AM
    Options