Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Jewelry crafting ?

Prabooo
Prabooo
✭✭✭✭
Any word on this? Does anyone have any info?
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not ever going to happen players having the freedom to craft two five piece bonuses or better craft around sets like black rose and Shield Break that take up five armor slots stopping any crafted five piece. My guess is that they can't balance it and hope people just forget about it
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please add
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    how can people forget about it? it is so obvious (lol) I really wish this happens sooner or later
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not ever going to happen players having the freedom to craft two five piece bonuses or better craft around sets like black rose and Shield Break that take up five armor slots stopping any crafted five piece. My guess is that they can't balance it and hope people just forget about it

Yes, they'd lose control over how players choose to play... ;)
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you look at the tooltip descriptions for necklaces and rings (which the character usually obtains from looting or as a quest reward), they have the same Traits as weapons and armor. The color of the text in the name also differs according to the quality of the piece. Further, if the piece doesn't have an enchantment, then you can apply one as you do for armor or weapons, or even apply another enchantment to replace the one that is currently on the necklace or ring.

So, it looks to me as though Bethesda originally included jewelry crafting in the game design. If I were to do that, then the material of which a piece is made is determined by the Style (Imperial Nickel, Breton Molybdenum, etc.). The gem chosen for the piece gives the piece its Trait. For example, any ring that has a Ruby would have the Precise trait. Quality could be improved by coating the base material of which the piece is made with copper, bronze, silver, gold or platinum.

As to why Bethesda did not go through with it, one can only guess. Adding another craft means adding its crafting stations and vendor NPCs to cities and towns. Using the same gems for jewelry would compete with using them to add Traits to armor and weapons. So there could be two classes of gems, one for jewelry and another for non-jewelry items. Adding jewelry crafting could also put yet more pressure on the available storage available to the players.
    Edited by Shadowshire on September 22, 2015 9:08AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Shadowshire I heard it was included in the beta version

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »
    @Shadowshire I heard it was included in the beta version
    It was but crafting was completely different. There used to be precious metal deposits with a chance to harvest a gem. I believe all those nodes became rune stones for the revamped enchanting.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●