Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting supplies and materials should have there own separate bank space.

josh5813
josh5813
✭✭✭
So I look for this topic or a topic like it and didn't find any so forgive me if this got posted before.

Am I the only one that thinks crafting supplies and materials like alchemy plants, ores, woods, style materials and so on should have there own separate storage section in your bank instead of just shoving everything together? Every MMO that I have played that has some kind of crafting in it the materials needed to craft always have their own separate storage spaces in there version of the bank instead of shoving everything together taking up a lot of space.

I personally like to keep a good stock of alchemy plants and other crafting materials stored for when I need them but hate how ore, ingots, raw wood, wood planks, alchemy plants, style materials, tempers, what ever they call the items to upgrade wood items, clothing materials and whatever they call the items to upgrade light and medium armor is taking up a huge amount of space in my bank.

So are they refusing to introduce this feature more so now since you can buy a petty 10 more spaces bank upgrade in the crown store as a way to encourage people to buy crowns?
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    All you need is an addon. Unless you're a console player... well, too bad
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josh5813 wrote: »
    So I look for this topic or a topic like it and didn't find any so forgive me if this got posted before.

Am I the only one that thinks crafting supplies and materials like alchemy plants, ores, woods, style materials and so on should have there own separate storage section in your bank instead of just shoving everything together? Every MMO that I have played that has some kind of crafting in it the materials needed to craft always have their own separate storage spaces in there version of the bank instead of shoving everything together taking up a lot of space.

I personally like to keep a good stock of alchemy plants and other crafting materials stored for when I need them but hate how ore, ingots, raw wood, wood planks, alchemy plants, style materials, tempers, what ever they call the items to upgrade wood items, clothing materials and whatever they call the items to upgrade light and medium armor is taking up a huge amount of space in my bank.

So are they refusing to introduce this feature more so now since you can buy a petty 10 more spaces bank upgrade in the crown store as a way to encourage people to buy crowns?

The point of an MMO is to keep you busy.

While you're playing the Char-1/Bank/Char-2/Bank/Char-1/etc/etc hokey-pokey:
    You're busy.

While you're out farming the 1 item you need to replace the one that you had to delete an hour ago because you ran out of space:
    You're busy.

Win/Win.

Nobody said anything about it being satisfying and fulfilling....

:*
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @josh5813

The best solution is to give each player a set of "tabs" with a certain number of storage spaces on each tab, and the player has the option to label each tab to suit themselves. Eight tabs ought to be enough, the only question is how many storage spaces each one should have. Starting with a specific minimum number of tabs, and then charging a price -- paid in gold pieces -- for each additional "tab" is a common approach, but the price for additional storage in TESO is eye-popping.

(Note: I don't play on a gaming console, but on a "PC". So I don't know whether it would be feasible to allow the players to label the tabs, and decide themselves what they want to store on each one.)

That said, Josh: it is not polite to speculate whether Bethesda or Z.O. deliberately began with what seems to be an unreasonably small amount of storage space for player characters to use to store their weapons, armor, etc.

From everything I've seen about TESO so far, it could have been an honest mistake. It seems that none of its designers ever played a game like World of Warcraft for very long, because, if they did, then they should have realized that storage space would be an issue. They would have realized some other things, too. .....

Then again, if they were apprised of that challenge, then it is not impossible decisions were made with a view to eventually charging the players -- whether directly or indirectly -- real money to increase the initial allotments of storage space in "chunks" until the current respective maximums are reached.

By the way, you may notice that the only thing a bank needs is a vault in which to store everyone's currency and coins, and a ledger to keep track of how much of the accumulated pile belongs to each depositor. Some banks also offer "safe deposit" boxes of various sizes with fees of various amounts accordingly. But I've never seen a bank yet offer to store my body armor, firearms and ammunition. :-)

Edited by Shadowshire on September 22, 2015 9:47AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Anasatsudo
    Anasatsudo
    ✭✭
    More item storage means more data in their database. The larger the database, the slower it will be. From my experience, ZoS has a hard enough time with what they have now, let alone trying to increase it.