The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Mount Movement Preview

Feedledee
Feedledee
Soul Shriven
[1.] A very simple yet extremely desirable suggestion in my personal opinion, I believe it should be an option to those buying mounts to see everything the mount they are purchasing has to offer, in even the smallest ways. Simply put, I'd like to see the option to display what the mount looks like while it is sprinting, running, jumping, and rearing/roaring (which happens when you hit the space bar without moving), with your character still atop it.

Personally, my first mount purchase was the flaming hooved, fiery eyed horse that looks extremely nice in an idle state (and is arguably, in my opinion, one of the most appealing mounts that is available, though I know I'm stereotypical in my likes of a flaming horse). However, I soon found that the movement of the beast was rather anticlimactic, and soon found a particular like for the fluid, powerful strides of the lioness that is also for sale in the Crowns shop, which I actively use to this day. Everyone has their personal opinions and preferences on what type of movement they like in their rides, and while a quick youtube video could solve a portion of the issue, there are some of us that still would like to see how well overall the rider and mount meld together.

What that amounts to is the desire for an option to see exactly how you'll look on your ride when you're doing (insert action here), which could be done with a simple change to the picture below.

Elder-Scrolls-Online-Crown-Store.jpg

Right where it says "[x] End preview," I believe there should be an option to:
- "Rear" The animation displayed when you hit space bar without moving. This could be a roar, or an action such as a horse kicking up it's legs.
- "Run" The animation when the creature starts to run at full speed. It should move from running, straight to sprinting (which you need to use your stamina for), so people can see the transition, and you don't need to waste another button for the sprinting option.
- "Walk" The animation of the creature walking. Pretty self explanatory, but roleplayers in general will find more use from this feature.

[2.] Likewise, if the use of buttons is an issue if it would be possible to give people a test run on the mount that other players could not see, that would be very beneficial. It might open room to a few bugs if this option was used (that would soon be patched), but in effect it'd allow players to ride around on the animal for x amount of time, and see how it looks during various interactions.

[3.] Another alternative to the two of those would be a member (or several members) of the ESO staff creating youtube videos with a really simple structure to showcase each of the new mounts. In short, it'd be something like [Introduction --> Quick 10-15 seconds of lore/flavor text while panning over the mount so people can see it in detail --> Display it running, walking, and then sprinting in any order --> Display mount rearing/end of the video]. Any player would be able to access this from the crown store whenever they click on a mount, and while this isn't preferable it's something bearable that would still overall improve people's options when it comes to seeing what mount they'll be happy with.

That's all I had to offer, though if you have a suggestion or improvement for what I've already posted, or perhaps an even better idea that leaves this one second rate, feel free to share such in the comments below. As a disclaimer, I do not own the picture up above, and it is being used purely for reference to my ideas.
  • Feedledee
    Feedledee
    Soul Shriven
    Bump/Update.

Continuing with the theme of more buyer friendly approach on things, I believe it should be stated somewhere that all costumes purchased are not dyable. While I would prefer color variations (due to being a roleplayer myself), currently the purchase options are somewhat deceiving. While such does not effect the average player, many of us who are more of the perfectionist sort will dread the idea of not being able to dye outfits and bend them to our whim. So, in short:

[1.] Add a warning in the description of the items or somewhere visible before purchasing them that you cannot dye outfit sets.

[2.] Add a new feature that allows outfits to be died, or offer new outfits in the upcoming crown store that can be a series of different colors. (For example, a single noble dress that can be red, purple, green, white, and blue)
    Edited by Feedledee on September 21, 2015 6:52AM