Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

noob research traits idea

butoijo
butoijo
Warning : OP not English born nor speaker nor writer.

Hello...

I played from sep 1, 2015 on PS4/NA/DC, 19 days player. Playing Orc stamina templar. This is my main and only char.

My playing style is to achieved 1 goal after another goal. After my 1st goal I'll respec to achieved the next goal, thus the idea.

After lv 50 in 2H, Bow, Medium armor and got all werewolf morph. I am aiming to master crafting. I already research traits, mostly on 2h, bow and medium armor. But, I want all research.

This what I do, I reset my skill point, around 80+, then put it on crafting tree skill that speed up research traits and can research multiple traits. Then on skill that can gain more from decon to collect mats and temper.

The extra skill i'll put on 1s/b and heavies for easy farm and get leveling those skill.

Maybe after mastering all craft I'll respect again to be magicka templar and mastering destro/resto.

Regards :)
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I get the gist of what you're getting at. It's worth noting that you can't just sink points into speeding up research, without first leveling the skill to certain levels. You are better off stealing items to deconstruct and sinking point equally into speeding research and extraction, so that you have research going at all times, and you're storing up mats/tempers as you level.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • butoijo
    butoijo
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    I think I get the gist of what you're getting at. It's worth noting that you can't just sink points into speeding up research, without first leveling the skill to certain levels. You are better off stealing items to deconstruct and sinking point equally into speeding research and extraction, so that you have research going at all times, and you're storing up mats/tempers as you level.

My blacksmith at lv 40, clothing lv 28, woodworking lv 32, all only have basic point, I only put point on provisioning, its lv 50.

So I'll respect, then put most point on research and extraction, the rest I'll put to combat skill for farming and collecting other skyshards. After all research done, respect, and build my char again.

I'm to lazy to create another templar :) maybe after all tweaking on my templar done I'll put my sight on other class.