The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So are we pretty much forced to zerg now?

iTzStevey
iTzStevey
✭✭✭
With all the changes to damage reduction and the obvious nerf to v14 sets (which i dont see the point in tbh) plus the slaughtered resource regeneration + new sets that are obviously there to promote zergs i feel as if we are now pretty much forced to zerg now,i prefer solo/very small group play because it requires a lot more skill and is more fun than winning 30v1 fights. I'm not angry or hating on ZoS for doing this, just a bit disappointed with the update is all. :/
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still do small group and even solo PvP.

The fights just last a little bit longer and resource management is a little more important again now. ZOS wanted to get away from the "I died and I didn't even have time to see my enemy" gameplay which is a boring concept.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

The fights just last a little bit longer and resource management is a little more important again now. ZOS wanted to get away from the "I died and I didn't even have time to see my enemy" gameplay which is a boring concept.

Yeah true and as someone who never stealths and have been 2 shotted by snipe a few times im glad thats the case, however i dont think the nerf to regen shouldve been that hard, just enough so you had to manage your resources and fights weren't just waiting for someone to make a mistake...i lost like 800 magicka regen which i think is abit much and i dont want to use regen drinks because then i may aswell be slapping people with wet noodles haha
    Edited by iTzStevey on September 17, 2015 8:06AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still somewhat of a mess in PvP, there are some strong builds and new meta's coming out now (mostly all stamina).

I like the direction ZOS is heading with the change so it's closer to the old pre-2.0 days where we had soft/hard caps. As for numbers and tweaking I guess we either need to give them structured feedback on where/how things could be made better or just hope they see themselves and work to find that sweet spot.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina nb's rule IC , like they ruled 1.6 ^^

But now since there the only class to not take class nerf's and instead got buff's there are still the meta, they do so much dmg, loving those 8k wb's.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But now since there the only class to not take class nerf's and instead got buff's there are still the meta, they do so much dmg, loving those 8k wb's.

Everyone can deal 8k wb's, it's nothing only available to NBs.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Junglejim82
    Junglejim82
    ✭✭✭

Only reason to use wb over over surprise attack would be to grief from stealth. You do more dps with light/s.a plus class Stan morphs costs were lowered by 20% I'm pretty sure. You sure those wbs are from NBS?
    Jungleim
    Stamblade extrordinaire (for now)
    Mass Terror /elders of anarchy ps4 e.u
    Daggerfalls finest

Always looking for serious pvpers not afraid to mic up. See below
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/181697/massterror-ps4-eu-daggerfall-are-recruiting#latest
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But when TTK was low in 1.6, people zerged like mad. Only solo'ers you ever encountered in Cyrodiil was NB gankers abusing 100% armor pen bug and sorcsploits blinking half the map.

Now with longer TTK in 2.1, people still zerg like mad. Who expected anything else? But at least I see a bigger variety of classes and builds solo'ing in Imperial City.

Even in 1.5, with dynamic ulti and power 1vX builds, people zerged like mad.

So I doubt adjusting TTK in any direction has impact on zergs. They dont even care about the fact that they get less stones, trophy's and rare loot, compared to smaller groups. Think they care about the length of a 1v1 fight? Zerg will always be here, until ZoS adds a real penalty for running around with half your faction.

But yeah, it's harder for smaller groups to wipe bigger numbers in this patch. Because of the dmg reduction, you cant always take them by surprise, lure them into traps, bomb all you got and instakill half an enemy raid. I mean you still can, but need way more timing and skill now to do it now.
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with that. Today i just realize in last 10 days i started to not find anyone alone. There were zergs before patch yea but now its getting bigger. Even next to their base in the IC they arent less than 5 people. People just farming more than 10 and spamming aoe only. That was not i expected. Even in the night i barely find someone solo and i feel lucky if there isnt stealthed 10 people more. In my personal opinion they should lower the group rewards and loots or they should just make higher solo player's loots and rewards i dont know. This is right now its just like they are forcing people to group and spam steel tornado which is horrible.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your so lucky if you're only getting walloped by 8K Wrecking Blows. I keep getting hit by 10Ks!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resource... Management? Wth are you talking about. They nerfed it a bit but still easy to get 2k mag regen. Even 1.5k is enough. Never run out O.o
  • xXNesTXx
    xXNesTXx
    ✭✭✭

Boring concept for someone....but so fun for others.....before of IC , you can play in group to protect you of this kind of things or take the risk of play solo and kill or be killed.....and being honest...this is not boring, is very exciting and so fast, and all play styles was allowed

Now 1v1 combats are dead and only ends in 2 ways....both players run out without sta/magicka and remains fighting with light/heavy attacks, waiting for a one group of teammates ends the fight or both players flee for cause of a endless boring battle

Now this game is a kind of hack and slash online where the skill are almost completely unnecessary, and win or lose a fight depends only of the number of people in the groups and the items of the members of that groups...
    EU PS4 Ebonheart Pact

NB Stam VR16 Breton
    NB Stam VR16 Khajiit
    NB Mag VR16 Breton
    Templar Mag VR16 Nord
    Sorc Mag VR8 High Elf
    DK Stam VR10 Red Guard
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot to mention that the NPCs are so strong that being solo is not much of an option, especially when I'm 5 minutes into my fight vs another player, then the npc comes by and 1 shots him and steals my kill. I feel they went too far with the npc damage, health and volume of them in IC. Not much pvp when it's all grinding in the Sewers
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo PvP in the ic districts is a lot of fun. Its a mix of ganking and random pick up groups.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭
    Entering hack code...;*%onehitkills^;: i can zerg now
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Everyone can deal 8k wb's, it's nothing only available to NBs.

@Soulac is right. Wrecking Blow has nothing to do with NBs, and therefore has nothing to do with how strong/not strong NBs are in 1.7.

And as a Stam NB in 1.6, I actually took 3 large nerfs with the release of IC. Huge dodge roll cost increase, huge speed reduction now that bow roll dodge passive doesn't stack with other speed boosts, and a 15% stamina regen passive nerf.

What are these buffs you speak of?
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGrimey wrote: »
    You forgot to mention that the NPCs are so strong that being solo is not much of an option, especially when I'm 5 minutes into my fight vs another player, then the npc comes by and 1 shots him and steals my kill. I feel they went too far with the npc damage, health and volume of them in IC. Not much pvp when it's all grinding in the Sewers

I actually really enjoy how strong the NPCs are. I soloing IS an option, you just have to be careful and pay attention, you know? Melee mobs can be kited for almost no damage and caster mobs can be interrupted for almost no damage.

Harder content is much much much more desireable than easy watered-down content, imo.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the zergs are even more ridiculous now
  • HungryHobo
    HungryHobo
    ✭✭✭
    The regen nerf was just in my mind. When you can say ( +weap/spell dmg > Max stam/mag > regen > crit...) it gets kinda bland. I prefer to have resources to do stuff now, and dont mind doing a little less damage for the ability to use abilities!
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    Actually this is a MMO, not a single player game.

They should penalize solo players even further and give greater rewards to groups for being social players.

The only reason solo players existed in Cyrodiil before was because of broken mechanics and skills that allowed people to get 1-shotted. RIP

solo players have no place in cyrodiil now and I'm glad for that.

What skilled pvper's want...and I do say skilled - none of you guys that exploited the 1-shot builds in 1.6 had any skills...

what skilled pvper's want is a small scale arena...4v4 or something like that.

that will keep all players happy. They had a demo of 3v3v3 arena in beta, not sure why they removed that.
    Edited by twistedmonk on September 18, 2015 10:12AM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's still somewhat of a mess in PvP, there are some strong builds and new meta's coming out now (mostly all stamina).

I like the direction ZOS is heading with the change so it's closer to the old pre-2.0 days where we had soft/hard caps. As for numbers and tweaking I guess we either need to give them structured feedback on where/how things could be made better or just hope they see themselves and work to find that sweet spot.

I didn't die without seeing my enemy in 1.6 either (unless he actually hadn't loaded for me yet).

Resource management only became harder for outnumbered groups, wich is discouraging solo and small group play. Only defensive actions will cost more if used a lot, not offense. This makes it actually less like 1.5, as that would mean you could starver the enemy's resources out by better gameplay.
    At the same time, damage became more important, to be able to kill people at all. But that again only goes for even or outnumbered groups.

They should penalize solo players even further and give greater rewards to groups for being social players.

The only reason solo players existed in Cyrodiil before was because of broken mechanics and skills that allowed people to get 1-shotted. RIP

What skilled pvper's want...and I do say skilled - none of you guys that exploited the 1-shot builds in 1.6 had any skills...

that will keep all players happy. They had a demo of 3v3v3 arena in beta, not sure why they removed that.

You're so salty. What makes you think solo players are not social? Let them just enjoy the way they want to play the game.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭

That must be joke right? So you mean emperor should be a zerg group instead of just one person huh? Playing solo or as small groups is also fun that doesnt mean that you are antisocial person for *** sake. In fact fighting solo against 10 people that means you are skilled. So penalizing them would be the worst idea ever probably.
    On the other hand spamming skills with 20 people that is really weird i dont know how people having fun with that but still i respect them anyway. I dont bother if there are groups or zergs whatever. But the problem is if everybody start to group and there is no one left as solo that is a problem yea. That means group up or get the *** out of here which is the situation right now. I mean come on there are 12 skills on their bar and people literally spamming crystal fragment(sorc), steel tornado(nb) or flame lash or puncturing strikes that is seriously wrong :)
  • xXNesTXx
    xXNesTXx
    ✭✭✭

Attention *** detected!!

Or maybe you never play a MMO before....

A MMO is a Multiplayer game, but no a kind of game where you are almost forced to play in a huge group of 20-30 guys to play with some possibilities of success

I am spanish, and the lack of translation to spanish of this game make so hard to find spanish players (in console) so i can play only with a small group or even solo...so if ZoS/Bethesda have forgotten the spanish community players, i am an antisocial?

And you know what build i am using to know if i am skilled or not?

You have the word of the all skilled players to know they want?

When the possibilities of the game are decreased, sorry but only a fool, can be glad

Edited by xXNesTXx on September 19, 2015 5:29PM
    EU PS4 Ebonheart Pact

NB Stam VR16 Breton
    NB Stam VR16 Khajiit
    NB Mag VR16 Breton
    Templar Mag VR16 Nord
    Sorc Mag VR8 High Elf
    DK Stam VR10 Red Guard