The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How do you get the emperor slayer achievement?

OurOwn
OurOwn
I'm confused, is there some special way to obtain it? Last night me and a few guys killed a emperor and his group over 4 times and still no achievement...
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have to get killing blow?
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, requires you to get the killing blow on the emperor. It doesn't count like the "Kill 10 <class> players" where the credit is shared with the group. The achievement requires it to be your attack that drops the person's health to death.

Also to note that there are two versions of this achievement. One is for killing ANY current emperor, and the other being for killing the emperor of the campaign you're homed on. Both still require you to be the one who lands the killing hit.
    Edited by Elsir on September 19, 2015 12:09PM
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
  • OurOwn
    OurOwn
    Thanks
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hhhhmm.

I was in keep on the 2nd floor.
    Emp was on 1st floor outer keep at the door of inner keep.
    Emp was surrounded by 20 players trying to bring him down in 1.5 or 1.6.
    He was actually winning.
    So I dropped from above and dumped Soul Tether on him.
    He wiped a couple of ticks later.
    So it could be a combination of people using soul leech or the tethered dots.

That how I got mine anyway.
    Dont think I had the killing blow.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If i remember there are 2 achieves...

One requires killing any ruling emp in any campaign you can enter (basically your guest or home these days).

The other requires killing the emp of your home campaign.

Pretty sure you have to get the killing blow for both.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, killing blow it is. It's a nice colour, so the not so easy achievement feels very rewarding. Offing home campaign emperor completes both achievements.
    Halcyon Black
  • KPC13
    KPC13
    ✭✭
    I want to say I'm annoyed by this but truthfully in the group I was in, I likely contributed least staying out of range and doing dot from a distance so it's only fair one of the others who's his attention was focused on and did more damage gets the achievement. *Sigh*