Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ultimate cost reduction build ?

whyyounolose
hi i'm a vet 4 high elf sorc and i'm working on a ultimate cost reduction build (i do pve most but i'll start doing pvp when i get vet 12+)

how could it be this build? currently i'm running devouring swarm and shooting star as ultimates with 5/5 akaviri 2/5 warlock and 3/5 seducer
i don't know if i should switch to blessing of the potentates + akaviri when i hit rank 12 but i lose too much light armours (bye bye light armour passives)
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since there are no other sets providing ultimate reduction, you have given the answer yourself.
  • whyyounolose
    Leandor wrote: »
    Since there are no other sets providing ultimate reduction, you have given the answer yourself.

yeah but i'm asking if going with blessing of the potentates + akaviri is better or not than go from 5 light armours down to only 2 for my sorcerer and lose a lot of passives
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a way to gain ultimate very fast.
    If you combine the following skills in a decent rotation you will be able to cast your ultimate (depending on the cost) against almost every enemy you face.

Vampire: Invigorating Drain (Gain 2/3/4/5 ultimate for every second you use this skill.)
    1h and shield, Heroic Slash (increase ultimate regen by 1 every 1.5 seconds).
    Light attacks (increase ultimate by 2 every 1.5 seconds (i believe))

1h and shield can also be replaced by 2h, the Carve skill (which does the same, so they can't be stacked.)
    (Besides that you also have passives for extra Ultimate when killing certain enemies, or the normal cost reduction).

I've played around with the above combo (without ultimate cost reduction effects) and i could almost spam my Ultimate skill.
    (Radial Sweep, Templar Ultimate... or Dawnbreaker)

If you were to combine the above skills with Shooting star you might have a very fun build to play with.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • whyyounolose
    There is a way to gain ultimate very fast.
    If you combine the following skills in a decent rotation you will be able to cast your ultimate (depending on the cost) against almost every enemy you face.

Vampire: Invigorating Drain (Gain 2/3/4/5 ultimate for every second you use this skill.)
    1h and shield, Heroic Slash (increase ultimate regen by 1 every 1.5 seconds).
    Light attacks (increase ultimate by 2 every 1.5 seconds (i believe))

1h and shield can also be replaced by 2h, the Carve skill (which does the same, so they can't be stacked.)
    (Besides that you also have passives for extra Ultimate when killing certain enemies, or the normal cost reduction).

I've played around with the above combo (without ultimate cost reduction effects) and i could almost spam my Ultimate skill.
    (Radial Sweep, Templar Ultimate... or Dawnbreaker)

If you were to combine the above skills with Shooting star you might have a very fun build to play with.

thanks! i'll check this thing as soon as possible

also: could be a noob question but how is ultimate gained? i was sure it depended on damage done but has it been changed?
    now (excluding abilities that clearly say gain x ultimate) is the ultimate ability charged only with time and waiting?
    basically from thee game i assume that doing a weapon attack (light or heavy doesn't matter) puts me in a sort of timer lasting around 7 or 8 seconds and in that time even if a stand still i gain ultimate (in this way i can do devouring swarm every 15 sec)
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because in the past Ultimate was gained way too fast on certain builds (meaning endless Ultimate spawn, especially those health draining bats) Ultimate gain was restricted.

There are only a few ways to gain ultimate now:
    Light and heavy Attacks (grants the player 2 ultimate every 1.5 seconds, i believe it's called the Major Heroism buff).
    Minor Heroism Buff, which is granted by The Heroic Slash and Carve Skill (Gain 1 ultimate every 1.5 seconds).

Healing a Player who has the Major Heroism buff (will grant you the Major Heroism buff yourself).
    Small sidenote: healing yourself while having the Major Heroism buff won't renew the effect. It only works on other players)

A few passive skills:
    Combat Frenzy (Alliance war, Assault skill tree), which gives 10/20 ultimate when killing an enemy player.
    Banish the Wicked (Fighters Guild skill tree), which gives 3/6/9 Ultimate when killing an Daedric enemy.

And a few Active skills like:
    Invigorating Drain (Vampire)
    Shooting Star (Mage Guild skill tree).

I believe those are all the skills and effects which will give the player Ultimate.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.