Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Coldharbour Light From The Darkness bugged?

Connorman2
Connorman2
Soul Shriven
In the Light from the darkness quest, whenever i try to redirect the beams it will go at first, but when i change the next crystal, the beam dissipates and goes back to the start, anyone have a fix?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a known issue, but I'm not sure what the status of any fixes are at the moment. According to this thread, the issue fixed itself after a maintenance, so you could always try again after this week's patch. You could also try abandoning the quest, logging off for fifteen minutes to allow the area to reset, and trying again.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Brakster
    Brakster
    Soul Shriven
    I have exactly the same problem myself. Just got to this quest for the first time. Rotate the last crystal in the path and the next one lights up for a bit, then disappears. the light beam only stays constant between the first three crystals. No matter how I rotate the third or fourth crystal, whenever I get the light beam to move further, it only stays there for a while before disappearing itself, without me touching anything.

I have seen video walkthroughs for this quest and the light beam does NOT just disappear on its own. As long as you keep moving to the next unlit crystal, the last lit crystal always remains lit. It does not go out on its own, like is happening to me.

Therefore the quest is bugged and I cannot progress the main story line!
  • Brakster
    Brakster
    Soul Shriven
    Just saw this on another thread:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2216811/#Comment_2216811

There is a delay after turning the crystal. Adter each turn, give it 20 seconds or so to update. Fixed it for me!
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    Took me a while to figure it out too, i also thought it was bugged but it wasn't. From the first lit crystal as it rotates you will notice a slight bulge on the side, that's the start of the beam. Keep turning the crystal until that bolge is facing the unlit crystal, stand 90° to the crystal you want to shoot the beam at. Take it slow. Hope that makes sence, good luck
    Edited by AlphaCrucis on September 18, 2015 2:31AM
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans