Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Tamriel needs a French Revolution

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
After playing to V1 over a couple of weeks, my biggest gripe honestly is that the trading system STINKS. Force your players to wander all over the place in a draconian, user-unfriendly system that props up (digital currency) prices in the short term while pissing off players and sending their (real world currency) packing in the long term. I studied econ at USC, ZOS - I know you're game designers, but let me assure you that this ridiculous system is putting you an the path to an ESO crash.

But back to the fictional world. Tamriel is pretty violent. I'm not sure the Lords and Barons would stand for a few shady guilds taking over the only sales space in their provinces, running our of goods, then selling nothing but garbage at hyper inflated prices. We, the players of ESO, need to rise up in our own French Revolution. First, we murder every guild trader from Audiron to Skyrim. Then we murder everyone who ever supported the guild traders. Then, for good measure, we murder a bunch more people, elves and argonions for good measure.

I, myself, cannot wait to see Graftwood's idiot shyster luz's head baking on a pike in the midday sun.

But seriously, ZOS - you're system was designed by incompetents. It really makes playing a drag.
  • GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love you. That is precisely how I feel.
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Then, for good measure, we murder a bunch more people, elves and argonions for good measure.

Argonions? What is that? Is that something to eat?
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please see the tens or even hundreds of other threads where this has debated.

ZOS like the system, many players like the system and even use it to enjoy a trading aspect of the game not offered in many other MMO's.

If you have constructive ideas, with breakdowns on the pros and cons post them, however don't expect change any time soon unless people can make good posts rather than "I want an AH because I don't like this" or "The rich people are too rich because they played the game for a year and actually sold valuable items rather than vendor trashing then like me".
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the existing system. Having played numerous MMO's since the launch of EQ I've seen trading systems done in many different ways, the classic global auction house is boring, dated, and unrewarding for sellers.

Before the Bazaar (auction house) existed in EQ, everyone gathered in EC tunnel and spammed what they were selling - those who spent hours there knew the market going rates and would make pretty good money just being a merchant.

Same happens in ESO, Rawl'kha has plenty of people who I see almost every day and are basically finding their enjoyment from the game in being merchants.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Same happens in ESO, Rawl'kha has plenty of people who I see almost every day and are basically finding their enjoyment from the game in being merchants.
    Unfortunately this only works well on PC. The consoles can't hang out in one place spamming text chat to hawk their wares. The voice chat is a clunky cacophony to try to spam sell anything.

Aion had an interesting option with personal kiosks. You could plop down a sign almost anywhere and be a mini-store with whatever you wanted to sell in the store. The only real drawback was that you couldn't sell and play at the same time. As long as your sign was out, you were rooted. It did get a little crazy sometimes when you couldn't see across the square for all the kiosk signs! But still, it worked in it's own way.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep-Calm-and-Let-Them-Eat-Cake.png

The revolution starts here:

Edited by Darlgon on September 17, 2015 9:30PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.